Enchantress

The way in which I unintentionally turned Frank into a Violet Chachki and Scarlet Envy hybrid. Well, this is a totally self-indulgent oneshot expressing my extreme attraction to the idea of Frank in drag, so! Here, take it, I hope you like it!

—-

Gerard's first instinct when he walked in on a beautiful woman comfortably organizing a pile of makeup brushes on the familiar thrifted coffee table in his boyfriend's cramped living room was to seize up in a state of shock soon spiraling into a pit of seething doom. The second the woman stared back like a deer wrapped up in the illumination of headlights, Gerard felt the strands of security holding him together slowly splintering, splitting down the center of his chest and downwards. The world rocked beneath his feet firmly planted in front of the entrance still hanging open from when he barely entered the building with a spare key attached to the ring of others dangling beside it, silver and rusted at the corners from previous usage, yet still priceless in the eyes of an admiring lover being gifted with trust and commitment.

Gerard went out of town for a couple days to visit his grandmother with the promise of painting a mural in her own art studio when she didn't have the means to complete it herself with new body aches and fatigue. Gerard finished sooner than he anticipated, and with the leftover time on his hands, he decided to surprise his boyfriend eagerly awaiting his return at his apartment, intending on whisking Frank away to a romantic dinner and movie evening to make up for the lack of communication while Gerard was so occupied. The seating reservations at the theater were set for seven o'clock that evening and Gerard settled for letting Frank decide where to have dinner to make the treat all the more perfect for him. Gerard's happiness flowed steadily through his veins and shaped a heart full of contentment seconds before he opened the door. Well, walking in a seeing a stunning a woman was definitely not on the list of things he expected to come out of the remainder of his day. 

She was dressed in a skin tight red gown with thin straps clinging to the cinched waist and curvaceous hips sloping down into perfect legs wrapped up in silky dark nylon. Sparkles formed under the lighting and swirled over the wine red material of the dress cutting down to the middle of the shin before splitting upwards at the side, opening up further from the way one leg was delicately crossed over the other, and expensive stiletto heels with red soles glistened incandescently. Her hands, poised and frozen above a set of brushes, were gloved in black silk reaching the elbows, and embellished with a set of silver rings dotted in diamonds, sharpened black nails pressed onto the tips to elongate her fingers and give the feel of fashionable claws. A waterfall of elegantly styled black hair cascaded over one shoulder in waves of pitch curling around the tattooed skin of her chest bared just like her arms and broader shoulders, black jewels nestled into the dip of the collarbones roped in intricately designed ink. Chandelier earrings dangled from ears partially hidden behind the wide waves of black hair pinned back on one side with a diamond barrette perfectly placed in a flare of a crimped fishnet bow. Her crimson apple lips painted in a perfect shape were parted in her horror, eyes surrounded in thick and wickedly sharp eyeliner large while boring into Gerard.

But her eyes, her achingly beautiful doe eyes, were far too familiar for Gerard to stay dumbfounded for long. He looked deeply into them, and registered their color once the circuits in his brain repaired themselves. Clear topaz buried in the emerald fields of a newborn summer. Cervine and below a thick eyelid currently painted in a smoky cut crease bordered by expertly drawn arched eyebrows. Frank's eyes.

All of the building despair running cold and hot simultaneously in Gerard's body was pressed down by the sharp slap of recognition increasing as the seconds passed them by, evaporating and fluttering away. What was instilled in its place was a flashing bolt of shock striking down on him. Gerard nearly startled once it all began to fall into place the longer his eyes were locked on the woman sitting rigidly on the couch, perfectly at home, because it was her home, and she wasn't a woman; she was Frank taking the form of one. The initial feeling sickeningly swarming around Gerard's stomach allowed some of the blindness to melt away. He recognized the designs of the tattoos, the skin tone, the placement of a faint mole on Frank's cheek that even cosmetics couldn't fully take away, only casting a pale film over the recognizable spot. If he focused, the scar beside Frank's eyebrow was noticeable, painted over in foundation matched to his skin. The relief that flowed through him was immaculate until he stopped breathing altogether.