Full Moon's Ballad (Part Two)

This is the sequel to Moonstone Serenade! Honestly, this is probably getting a third part, but I'll put out my other new oneshot before that.
______

One week later

Gerard still suffered from the aftermath of an excruciating change at the will of the full moon. Soreness ran deep through his muscles and overexerting his body kept the sharpness of that lingering pain fresh. He always forced himself to continue on like nothing happened, but it was impossible to avoid the drawn out symptoms slowly leaking from him as time dragged by. His recovery was quicker at certain times, sluggish at others, but either way, knowing he wouldn't need to shift for another month left him with relief he gripped onto as tightly as possibly until the first sign of the next approaching shift seized him. Gerard kept his misery tucked underneath the tight pull of his muscles whenever he could, but after facing the brutality of the consequences coming from actions he was at fault for, there was no possibility of falsehood for him.

Gerard avoided school until his mother hauled him from underneath the covers with a sharp scolding after she'd received a phone call informing her of his string of absences. It wasn't the pain binding him to the mattress, he wished he could share the truth, but it was a pair of sharp knuckles to his gut whenever his mind lingered on it. He disintegrated over the course of a week and the remains of everything that was spared suffered the tidal wave of his self loathing, all balled up like a ticking iron bomb resting at the pit of his stomach. Just teasing to obliterate him, but never giving him what he longed for.

Gerard couldn't withstand the weight and went down with it, resting at intervals of time giving him massive headaches and breathing for the sake of his loved ones. His mistakes would forever take shards from the battered leftovers of what hadn't been rotted by anguish and pierce through those hopes he gathered into heart shaped locks tangled up with the barbed wire he protected himself with.

Gerard wasn't avoiding school. Papers and pencils were the least of his worries, not even the spill of ink from a broken pen snapped to pieces at the bottom of the abyssal backpack. He was avoiding Frank.

Gerard couldn't face him after what he'd done. Not only had he exposed the part of him he kept sacred to ensure the safety of humankind, but his carnal hands stained Frank's precious innocence with their crimson. He sprung without a second thought and violated the only person who didn't flinch away from Gerard if they crossed paths in the hallways. Gerard was so self assured when it came to his self restraint, but he learned that he would lose control if he ever took in Frank's scent during his most vulnerable point again. He never wanted to transform into the beast when he still had time to be made of flesh and human body parts. Frank's tempting scent caused the eruption of dangerous passion Gerard locked away from everything and everyone. Gerard was beyond ashamed that he lost control. The safety of every person was all up to him, there was no part to fully blame other than himself, and that was the most grueling truth he'd ever faced.

Gerard's return to school was ironically on a day engulfed by gloom. The sky roared with the rumble of thunder and the sheets of rain pounding onto the metal rooftops overpowered the sound of it splattering onto the sidewalks and the roads surrounding the premises. He used it as an excuse to tug a hood over his head and shove the long sleeves almost to the tips of his fingers while he strode through the halls without meeting anyone's eyes. Students were a bit stunned by his sudden appearance after he'd been gone long enough for rumors to start swirling yet again. He was avoided, yet everyone noticed his presence at the same time. Gerard held back his irritation and kept his focus on the amount of make-up work he'd need to ask for along with prolonged hours of studying his mother would condemn him to when he returned home.