Chapter 12~ Our First Workout~

Mondo's POV:

As I'm lifting some weights, I start hurting some making me stop for a bit. Admittedly, I'm not fully better, which is pretty obvious, but I don't wanna let Chihiro down...he's...counting on me to help him get stronger. I sigh some and continue lifting, looking over at Chihiro to see that he's trying to do pull ups on the bar. Hehe...he's not doing too bad...~ Looks like he is struggling some though...I set down the barbel I was using and walk over to Chihiro, "Hey...How're you doing...~?" I ask him as he's attempting to do another pull up.

"I'm doing fine...~" Chihiro says as he tries to do another one, me sighing some. "You know, you could try it the easy way first and work your way up...thats what people normally do..." I say with a slight laugh. "No...I don't want to go the easy route...I want to work hard and if it means doing the more difficult stuff...I'll do it." Chihiro says as he attempts another one. I sigh a little and walk around, facing him, "Alright then...how about we do it this way..." I say as I put my hands over his, surprising him some, "I noticed that your grip tends to loosen up when you try to pull yourself up...and your hands need to be a shoulder width apart" I say as I move them to where they're supposed to be.

Chihiro blushes some and looks down a bit, "O-Okay...~" he says with a slight smile. I tighten my grip on his hands some, "I'll hold your hands like this for the first couple of pull ups you do so you don't loose your grip...after that I'll let go. Make sure you keep your hands griped on the bar...they should be as hard or close to the grip I have now...~" I say, Chihiro looking back up at me with a nod, "Alright...try pulling yourself up again...~" Chihiro takes a breath and starts pulling himself up, me smiling some. He really is trying his best...~"

Once his chin finally passes the bar, I smile some, "Good job! Your doing great...~" I say, making him smile happily. I blush a bit when I realized how close our faces are when he gets over the bar. I'll be honest...this is a bit awkward...but I didn't know how else to show him. Chihiro tries a couple more times, getting a bit excited, "I...I'm doing it~!" he says as I take my hands off of his. "Awesome! Now try doing it by yourself~" I watch him tighten his grip and pull himself up, definitely having a bit of an easier time then he did before, "See~ I knew you'd get the hang of it...~" I say as I watch him do more.

Chihiro laughs a bit, "This isn't so hard! I can do this~" he says, making me sigh a bit and smile some. As good as he's doing right now, I can tell you that afterwords...his arms will be pretty sore. That typically happens when you don't often work out...I need to make sure he doesn't overwork himself. When I started working out with my bro, he would always get onto me when I did too much...I laugh a bit to myself. Good times...

Chihiro's POV:

When I finish the last pull up I wanted to do, I let go, breathing a bit hard. That was...fun~ After that I'm feeling even more energized! I...wanna do more...~ I watch as Mondo walks away back to his weights, blushing a bit. I...wasn't expecting him to hold my hands like that, but it really helped~ I watch as he heads over to the dumbbells and picks one up, making me shudder some. I...I know that this isn't the killing game, but...seeing that dumbbell...makes me remember that moment...it's...honestly hard to forget.

Mondo glances over at me, "You alright...?" He asks, me snapping out of my thoughts. "Y-Yea I'm okay~ I'm just...gonna work on some basic exercises!" I say with a bit of an awkward laugh as I head over to the mats. I sigh a bit to myself. I can't think about the killing game...Mondo won't hurt me...we're friends and we've put the killing game behind us...~ I can't let something like a dumbbell keep me from focusing...really I should use some too, but my arms are kinda sore so I'll wait. I take a breath, stretching some. Alright...let's do this...~

~Time skip~

Hah...I'm so tired...we've been working out here almost all day, but I don't mind...I want to keep going. I look over at Mondo, who's walking next to me. Right now we're walking around the indoor track...Mondo's walking a bit slow...probably because his legs are still semi sore from waking up...I sigh a little. I was hoping we could maybe run or something...Mondo looks over at me, smiling a bit, "I think we should call it a day...I'm beat..." he says with a bit of a laugh, "We should get a shower and go eat something~"

I look down a bit, "Okay...~" I say, watching as he starts walking back to where the locker rooms are. Once he's gone I take a breath. I should do some running now that Mondo's not here...the more exercise the better. I start to pick up the pace and run around the track, breathing a bit hard. Im...already out of breath...? "CHIHIRO!" I stop and look over at the door, seeing Mondo standing there, "What are you doing?! Your gonna over do it!" He says as I start to feel a bit dizzy. "S-Sorry..." I say as I start to head over to him, my vision fading to black.

~A Little While Later~

I slowly open my eyes, looking up to see Mondo's face. He's...carrying me...? "M-Mondo...?" I say as he looks down at me, sighing in relief. "You finally woke up...you fainted earlier..." he says, frowning a bit, "Chihiro you can't overload yourself like that...you can't do it all in one day...building yourself up takes time and dedication." I look down some, "I-I'm..I'm sorry..." I say as we walk into our room, him laying me down on my bed. As I sit up, wincing some, Mondo sighs a bit and pulls up a chair, sitting by me, "You...remind me a bit of myself when I was younger..." he says, confusing me some.

"I do...? How so...?" I ask, him looking down a bit. "Back when I started exercising...the only thing I thought about was wanting to be stronger then my brother..." Mondo says, surprising me some, "I would work and work until I just couldn't do it anymore...one day my big bro came with me...he watched me...the whole day..." Mondo says, saddening some. Is he...actually opening up to me...? "At one point, when I was close to my limit, he stopped me. He told me that...I was doing too much...and that if I kept doing what I was doing...getting stronger won't happen..." he says with a bit of a sigh.

I look at him confused, "But...you were working so hard...why would he say something like that...?" I ask, Mondo looking back up at me. "It's like I said...exercising takes time and dedication...if you keep doing so much in one day, it'll make you not want to do it anymore...and be so sore from working out that you wouldn't be able to move..." he says, me looking down some, "It's also good to have a healthy diet too...that's something that can also help." I...I didn't really think about that...all I cared about was wanting to get stronger...I didn't care about how my body would feel afterwards...I didn't even think about the diet part of it...I start feeling a bit upset, "I-I'm sorry..." I say, starting to tear up a bit, "I won't...do that anymore..."

Mondo looks at me concerned, leaning over and carefully hugging me, "Hey...don't beat yourself up about it...~ It's just your first day...just take your time with it next time...~" he says, me blushing some and hugging back. He's...such a nice guy...~ I smile some and lean my head on his shoulder. As much as I like how tough and cool he is...seeing him being kind like this...comforting me...kinda...makes me happy...~ It's a side of him I've never really seen...~ I do though...hope that he can build back up the strength he's missing. That's something that I...still don't fully see...but it's something that I'll definitely fix...~