Chapter 7~A Fresh Start.

Chihiro's POV:

Once I close the infirmary room door, I let out a breath. I...actually talked to him. I slowly start walking back to my room as many thoughts go through my head. He...wasn't mad at me...he...didn't hate me...I smile to myself some. I was wrong...I shouldn't have been scared of him...he's the same Mondo I knew from the killing game...~ The same person...except...I frown some. He has changed some since waking up...he's...more hard on himself...he doesn't act all tough and confident like he did in the killing game...

I sigh some as I walk back into my room, closing the door behind me. I...want him to be his old self again...though...maybe this is who he really is. I sit on my bed, looking down some and shaking my head. No...Mondo is strong...I know he is...he may not think so anymore, but I know...~ I smile some. He's strong...and...even though he may look intimidating and can get angry easily...he's still kind and caring...~ He...even promised to protect me...

I frown some and sigh a bit to myself. Even though he technically broke that promise...I don't care...that promise doesn't matter anymore. The only thing that matters is what happens after today. We just have to move on from all this...one step at a time...~ I'll help him if I have to...~ Remembering what Mondo asked before I left, I blush some. Were...gonna eat together tomorrow morning...

I grab a nearby pillow and hug it tightly, burying may face in it as I lay down. What am I gonna do...? I don't know why I feel so nervous...I've eaten with him a lot before when we were in the killing game, so...why now...? It's...not because I'm scared of him or anything...I'm...not as afraid of him as I was before we talked. Yea those thoughts of what he did still linger in my mind and...do make me nervous, but...this nervousness is something different. I'm...honestly not sure what it is...I sigh a bit and close my eyes. I'm sure that...I'll be okay by tomorrow...I have to be.

~The Next Day~

"You got this Chi, don't worry so much!" Leon says as we walk towards the infirmary room. I ended up telling both him and Sayaka about what happened last night...they were...both pretty surprised considering what I went through when Mondo first woke up. I look down at the tray of food I'm carrying. Sayaka actually helped me make breakfast for us...~ I'm not sure why I wanted to make breakfast whenever there was some already prepared meals ready, but...I just wanted to...

I look over at Leon, who's carrying the other tray of food. Leon wanted to help me carry the food, since I can't carry two trays by myself...I smile a bit. I'm actually kinda glad that he's walking in with me...I'm...still kinda nervous. I don't want to be nervous, but...I can't help it. Leon notices me and laughs some, "What are you smiling about~?" he asks curiously. I look away and blush some, "N-Nothing...I'm just glad that you and Sayaka are helping me out..." I say, sounding a bit embarrassed.

Leon laughs more, "That's what friends do~!" he says, making me look back at him. I giggle some, "Y-Yea...friends...~" I say with a smile as we stop at the infirmary room. I look at the door, shaking some, "It'll be okay Chi...relax...~" Leon says, me nodding some and taking a breath. Alright...here it goes...just be calm...I can do this.

Mondo's POV:

Oh man...Chihiro's gonna be here any minute...what am I gonna do?! I look like crap! Ugh I wish I could get up and fix my hair...at least tomorrow I can start my physical therapy...Mukuro told me that earlier this morning when she brought me medicine. She offered to get my breakfast, but I told her that Chihiro was bringing it, which...made her actually smile. That chick usually never smiles...it was honestly strange...maybe she's just happy that me and Chihiro are actually starting to patch things up some, though I don't know why she would be...

I'm snapped out of my thoughts when I see the door opening, my nerves starting to come back. He's here...I look over, smiling some when I see him, "Mornin Chihiro..." I say, making him smile a bit. "G-Good Morning Mondo...~" he says as he walks in, a familiar face walking in behind him. "Leon...?" I say, him laughing some. "How're ya Mondo~?" He asks as he walks over, setting my tray down in front of me, "I was just helping Chi bring your breakfast over~!"

I sigh a bit to myself. I guess that makes sense...Chihiro wouldn't be able to carry both trays by himself. I was thinking that Leon was gonna eat with us...I'm glad he's not. It would honestly piss me off considering that I'm finally getting a chance to talk more with Chihiro. Chihiro notices me, turning his head some, "Are you alright...?" He asks, making me snap out of my thoughts and look over at him. "I'm good!" I say with an awkward laugh, rubbing the back of my head.

Leon smiles and heads back towards the door, "Welp I'm off! See ya later Chi!" He says as he walks out. Once he closes the door, Chihiro puts his tray of food on the desk next to the bed, "So...did you sleep okay last night...?" He asks as he sits down in the chair that was in front of it. "I did...it's the most sleep I've had since I've been here..." I say, making him look down some. "I see...you were having problems sleeping before last night..." he says, sounding kinda sad.

I look over at him, "Hey what's with the sad face? It's not your fault you know..." I say, him tightening his fists some. He better not think that this is his fault...nothing involving me is his fault...I sigh a bit and look down at the food he brought. It...looks really good...~ It's a mushroom and sausage omelet with cheese and some fresh fruit on the side. He also brought me some tea, which is not usually something I drink, but I'll make an exception today...~

Chihiro notices me and fidgets some, "I uh...hope you like it...Sayaka helped me make it for you..." he says, surprising me some. Wait...he made this?! I was thinking that this was just the same cafeteria food, but better looking...I cut off a piece of the omelette, taking a bite. Woah! It tastes even better then it looks! "This is so good!" I say, making him giggle some. "Thank you~" he says as he starts eating his own omelette.

As I continue eating I glance over at him. He looks calmer then he did yesterday, which is good, but...what do I say to him...? I don't know what to talk about...I don't want to upset him or say anything that would make him want to leave. I think for a moment before speaking again, "So ah...I'm gonna start my physical therapy tomorrow." I say, making Chihiro look over at me. "That's good...I'm sure it will be nice to start walking again...~" he says with a bit of a smile, looking back down, "I'm...sorry..."

I tighten my fists some, "This again...look it's not your fault okay...quit blaming yourse-" "But it is!" Chihiro says, interrupting and surprising me some, "Its all my fault...you went through that execution because of me..." My eyes widen some, "That execution was because I..." I stop myself, sighing some, "It was my punishment for what I did to you! I deserved it...if anything we should be blaming that stupid bear." I say, sounding a bit irritated.

Chihiro looks up at me, "You...didn't deserve it...I didn't want that to happen to you..." he says sadly. I sigh some, "Look don't worry about all that alright...what's done is done..." I say with a smile, "Plus..we're both alive, which is all that matters!" He blushes some, smiling a bit, "Y-Yea...~" he says, still sounding kinda upset. Man...I don't want to see him like this, but at least he cheered up a bit.

I was about to say something else until I notice the tv in the infirmary turn on. What...? What's going on...? Is something up with the connection or something...? Once I saw what appeared on the screen, my eyes widened. I-It's...Taka.