Chapter 16~A Weird and Awkward Dinner for Two~(Part 1)

Mondo's POV:

What's with this set up...? It looks like...one of those fancy dinner places. I sit down in my chair and look over at a Taka, "What's with the get up bro...? I thought we were all gonna have dinner together..." I say as Chihiro sits in his chair. Taka laughs some, "We decided to do something special for you two~!" He says, confusing me some. We...? Is everyone else in on this...? I look over at Chihiro, noticing that he...looks kinda nervous, "Ah...is something wrong Chihiro...?" I ask him curiously, Taka noticing us. "I'll uh...I'll go get some refreshments!" Taka says as he quickly walks away from us, me ignoring him and keeping my focus on Chihiro. I hope he's not upset or something...

Chihiro snaps out of it and looks back up at me, "Oh ah...nothings wrong...really~" he says with a slight laugh, making me sigh some. That doesn't sound convincing at all...maybe he's uncomfortable..."You know...we can leave if you want to...we don't have t-" "No! It's okay! I ah...I don't mind...~" Chihiro says with a slight smile, interrupting me, "They ah...they did this for us...I don't want to upset them~ It looks like they worked hard on all of this...~" he says, giggling some. I look around at the set up and decorations, sighing a bit. He's right...they must've taken a lot of time working on this...I'm not sure what their motive was, but I guess I'll just roll with it...

After a bit, Taka returns with a...single drink for us? "I hope you guys enjoy! Sayaka will be here with your meal momentarily~!" He says with a smile as he walks away. I sigh some. I knew it...the others really are in on this...I look at the drink, noticing that its...not really a drink. "What's this supposed to be...? Why did he only give us one...?" I say, feeling so confused, "Aren't we supposed to get our own...?" Not only did we just get one, but it's kinda bigger then a normal drink and it has two straws...it also looks more like a shake instead of an actual drink...I've never heard of drinking shakes like this. Plus, isn't a shake more of a dessert?

I look back at Chihiro, who has a...very noticeable blush on his face, "What's up...?" I ask, making him look up at me some. "Oh Ah...I'm sorry, it's just..." he looks back down, fidgeting some, "I think...we're supposed to share this..." Chihiro says, making me smile a bit. "Oh okay, then here!" I push the shake towards him, giving him his straw, "You can have some first~" I say with a slight laugh, hearing what sounds like groans in the distance. I look around, feeling confused. What was that...? I thought I heard something...I sigh some. I guess not...

Chihiro's POV:

I take both the shake and straw, sighing some. This is...kinda awkward. I've seen couples share shakes at restaurants...they always looked so happy and...realizing what I'm thinking I feel my face grow more red. Is that what the others wanted us to do...? I look back up at him, seeing that he's looking at me concerned, "Are you okay...? Do you not want any...?" He asks, making my eyes widen some. "Yea I am! I do want some! It's just...ah..." I twiddle my thumbs some, "We're supposed to share it in a...different way..." I say with an slight laugh. Once Taka brought us this shake, I realized why the others did this for us...they set this dinner up as a date. Is it...because of what I told Taka yesterday...?

"Oh really...? Do you want me to call Taka and ask him to get us our own cups...?" He asks, me hearing groans in the distance. I heard that earlier...I glance over, seeing Taka, Sayaka, and Leon behind one of the curtains looking both irritated and disappointed. I figured that they would be watching us...I laugh a bit, but look down some. It seems like Mondo doesn't really understand that we're supposed to drink this together...our straws in the same cup...our faces kinda close to each other...my face heats up more at the thought. Has he...never done this before...? I look back up at him, feeling a bit confused. Has he ever...been on a date...?

I sigh and smile a bit, "No No we don't need our own cup, we're supposed to...drink out of it at the same time...~ That's why there's just one and we have our own straws...~" I say with a slight giggle, surprising him some. "The same time...? Are you sure...? Won't that be...kinda weird...?" He asks, me shaking my head. "It won't be...I promise~ It's a...normal thing for two people to do...~" say, him shrugging his shoulders and putting his straw in. "Okay then..." he says, me blushing some and putting my own straw in. Oh my god...we're actually doing this...I lean over to my straw and sip some while he's already drinking out of his. Is it weird that I've...always wanted to do something like this...? I've never been with anyone, so I never got a chance to share a shake with someone...let alone go out on a date. I'm...kinda enjoying this...~

I notice him glancing up at me, his face turning red, and watching as he leans away, "Ah...maybe I should just let you have the whole thing..." he says with an awkward laugh, making me giggle some. This is a side of Mondo that I thought I'd never see...~ I'm so used to him being tough...I never thought that he would be awkward like this...it's kinda cute~ "I don't want to keep it all for myself...I want to share it with you~" I say with a smile as I sip some more of the shake, surprising him some.

I can't be nervous...This may be the only opportunity I'll ever have to do this...date with him, so I have to make it count...~ I will say...for a kinda fancy set up, it's weird that they decided to do a couples shake of all things...it makes me concerned about what they'll do for our dinner...

Mondo's POV:

Ugh this is so weird! I've never heard of two people sharing a drink like this...I've never really eaten at restaurants...my bro and gang would always bring me food. Is this...what people actually do...? Share drinks like this...? I blush some, looking back at Chihiro to see him drinking some again. He looks less nervous...which is good~ I shouldn't be nervous about all this...what am I so worried about?! We're just friends having a meal together...nothing wrong with that!

"Ah...Mondo...? Aren't you gonna have some more~?" Chihiro asks as he takes another sip of the shake, snapping me out of my thoughts. "Oh Ah...yea..." I say, blushing a little. It's kinda hard to drink some when your face is inches away from mine...I sigh some to myself. Just roll with it Mondo...you can do this! I drink some of the shake, making Chihiro smile happily, "This is pretty good huh~?" He asks, making me laugh some and nod a bit. "It is...~" I say with a slight smile.

I keep calling us friends, but...Ugh I can't help that I...kinda like him. I know it's wrong since we just became friends again...I just...I can't help it! Chihiro has literally been the only thing on my mind since I woke up...which is...I guess a good thing. Usually, I always have my brother on my mind, which...could be why I am the way I am now...I sigh some. I can't be afraid...not anymore. I want to change...for myself...and him...~