Chapter 8~Taka Awakens...

Chihiro's POV:

I couldn't believe what I was seeing...it was the body of Kiyotaka Ishimaru...he was...I look down, starting to tear up some. W-Who would want to kill Taka...? I glance up at Mondo, who looks pretty mad, "What the fuck?! Who the hell killed him!?" He says, tightening his fists. I start to shake some, "M-Mondo..." I say nervously, looking down some. He's getting angry...I understand why, but...seeing him like this...

Mondo notices me, his eyes widening some, "Chihiro..." he takes a breath to calm himself down and looks away, "Sorry...I didn't mean to scare you..." he says, surprising me some. "D-Don't be sorry!" I say, making him look down some, "I'm not upset at you or anything for getting mad...I understand why you'd be upset about this...I mean...I'd be the same if it was...was..." Realizing who I was thinking of I stop myself, blushing some.

"Was who...?" He asks as he looks over at me, sounding confused. I feel my face grow more red, quickly looking away from him, "I-It's nothing...forget about it..." I say, sounding embarrassed. Mondo raises an eyebrow, "Ooooh I see, gotta crush on someone huh~?" He says teasingly, laughing a bit. I hide my blushing face, making him laugh more, "It's okay, I'd be the same...if it was someone I loved who was killed or even hurt...I don't know what I'd do..." he says in a semi serious tone, making my eyes widen some. Mondo...what would he do...? I can see two different options happening...and I don't like the thought of either of them...

Before I could say anything else, a siren goes off, startling me some. Wait...this happened whenever Mondo was waking up...does that mean...I quickly get up from my chair, confusing Mondo some, "What's going on?! What's up with the siren?!" He asks, making me look over at him. "I'll be back okay, I have to check something." I say, hurrying out of the room before Mondo could even respond back. I'm sorry to leave you alone again Mondo, but...I have to go see Taka...

As I head to the lab, I think about what we talked about before I left. Why would Mondo think that I had a crush...? That's not how I feel about...him...I blush some. Though...I'll admit that I admired him and...couldn't get him off my mind when I was in the killing game...but that doesn't mean that I had a crush on him! We were friends...that's all it was. I sigh some to myself. Why did I think of him first when I thought of someone I'd be upset if I lost anyways...? I'd be upset if any of my friends from the killing game were killed...I shake away my thoughts as I get to the lab doors. I'm not gonna think about that right now...its not important...

I open the doors, seeing that Mukuro is talking to Taka, who was now awake, "Taka!" I say happily, making him look over at me. His eyes widen some, "Chihiro...? Your...also alive...?" He says, feeling surprised and confused, "How is this possible?!" I walk up to him, "I'm honestly not sure, but we're somehow alive...~" I say with a slight smile. Taka thinks to himself for a moment, "So...if your alive...does that mean..." his eyes widen some, "Kunai is too?! Where is he?!" He asks happily. Kunai...he's talking about Mondo...

"Ah...Y-Yea he is...he's in the infirmary..." I say, saddening him some. "Mondo is still recovering from his execution...he can't walk right now..." Mukuro says, me nodding in confirmation. "I see..." Taka looks down some, "His execution was pretty bad...it's understandable..." he says, with a bit of a sigh. I rub my arm, looking down a bit. Every time I think about Mondo's execution, it upsets me...because I know that it's my fault he ended up that way. He keeps saying it's not, but...I know it is...I'm sure everyone else thinks so too...

Mukuro sighs some, holding out her hand to Taka, "We can take you to him...I have to check you over anyways to make sure your alright..." she says, making Taka nod and take her hand. "Alright..." he says as she helps him out of the pod. Once he's out, the three of us head out of the lab and towards the infirmary. I smile a bit to myself. Mondo's gonna be happy to see Taka...maybe seeing him can help him get back to being his old self...at least some. Plus, I know Taka can easily help him out with his physical therapy...I tighten my fists some. I'm...gonna help him too...in my own way...

Mondo's POV:

"So...let me get this straight...every time that siren goes off...someone from the killing game wakes up from their pod...?" I ask, Sayaka nodding in agreement. "Usually the one who wakes up is shown on the video before it goes off..." she says, looking down a little. I think to myself for a moment. So...since Chihiro and I saw Taka in that video...he must be the one who woke up, which means he's not actually dead. I sigh in relief and smile some to myself. I'm glad...~ Hopefully he's in better shape then I am...

I'm snapped out of my thoughts when the door suddenly busts open, "KUNAI!!" I look over, seeing a smiling teary eyed Taka, "I'm so glad your alive~!" He says as he hurries over and hugs me. I laugh a bit and hug back, "I'm glad you are too..." I say as I pat his back. I look at the door, seeing Chihiro and Mukuro walk in as Taka releases me from his hug, "Please be carful with him Kiyotaka..." Mukuro says with a slight sigh, making him look over at her. "I told you, call me Taka Miss Mukuro~!" He says with a smile, making her sigh again and nod.

As Taka chats with Sayaka, I look over at Chihiro, noticing that he looks a little upset. Is it because of what happened earlier...? I was just joking with him about the whole crush thing, but...from his reaction it looks like he might actually have a crush on someone...I'm...kinda curious about it, but I won't push it. Maybe I should apologize...the last thing I wanted was to upset him...I sigh a bit to myself, "Ah...Hey Chi-" "Oh Yea! Miss Mukuro mentioned to me that you'll start your physical therapy tomorrow~! I'd like to help you!" Taka says, interrupting me. Ugh...I'll tell him later...

I laugh a bit, "Sure you can..." I say, making him smile brightly. "Great! I'll make sure to wake you up early so we can get a head start~!" Taka says with excitement. I groan a bit to myself. I hate waking up early...I'd honestly rather sleep all morning, though...I'd wake up if...I glance over at Chihiro, smiling a bit. It was nice...having breakfast with Chihiro like we used to in the killing game...it almost felt like things between us were at least somewhat back to normal. I know it's not completely, but...it's a start...~

Mukuro noticed me, clearing her throat before speaking, "Taka...Sayaka...why don't we let Mondo rest for a while..."she says, making them both look over at her. "Right, He needs to be well rested for tomorrow morning!" Taka says, Mukuro nodding in agreement. Sayaka giggles some, "Lets go to my room Taka, you haven't seen Leon yet and I'm sure that he wants to see you too~" she says as she heads towards the door with Mukuro, Taka nodding and following behind her. "See you in the morning Kunai~!" He says as he leaves the room, me waving goodbye as he does. Thanks Mukuro...~

I sigh a bit and look over at Chihiro, who's standing there silently, "Anyways Ah...I was just gonna say...sorry if I upset you earlier..." I say, making him snap out of his thoughts and surprising him some. "N-No! I'm not upset!" He says, confusing me some, "I was just...thinking..." I watch as Chihiro walks closer to me, making me curious, "Oh yea, what were you thinking about...?" I ask, him taking a breath before speaking again. "I...want to make a new promise between men..." Chihiro says, my eyes widening some. What...?

"A...new promise...?" I ask, him nodding in agreement. "Yes...I...promise to help you get stronger..." Chihiro says, surprising me a little. Get...stronger...? He looks down a bit with a slight blush, rubbing his arm, "Sorry...that was-" "No No don't be!" I say with a smile, interrupting him, "You know...I'm gonna help you get stronger too okay...?" I say, making him look back up at me with wide eyes. "Y-You will...?" Chihiro asks, me nodding in agreement. "It's a promise...~" I say as I hold out my hand.

Chihiro takes a breath, calming his nerves before taking my hand and shaking it, "We'll help each other...~" he says with a sweet smile, making me smile some. His hand...it's so small and delicate compared to mine, yet he has a firm shake showing his seriousness and hidden strength. I sigh a bit to myself. I swear Chihiro...I won't break my promise this time...I'll help you get stronger, since I know you'll help me. I...want to change...and I know that this'll help a great deal...~