Chapter 17~A Weird and Awkward Dinner for Two~(Part 2)

A/N~Sorry it took me a while to upload a new chapter lol
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chihiro's POV:

"Wow! This meal ain't half bad! Sayaka's ultimate should've been cook instead of pop star!" Mondo says with a slight laugh as he continues eating. I sigh a bit and push around my food. After we were done with the shake, Taka came back and replaced it with a meal Sayaka prepared for us. It was a separate one, which I was thankful for...if we had to share our meal like we did the shake, that would be weird. I look up some at Mondo. I don't think he realizes this was meant to be a date...and after seeing Taka and the other twos reactions, he'll probably realize it pretty soon.

Mondo looks up at me, noticing that I'm not eating much, "Hey...is something wrong...?" He asks, snapping me out of my thoughts. "Oh! I'm fine...~" I say with a smile, Mondo sighing some and setting down his fork. "Something is wrong...I can tell..." he says, surprising me some, "You were happy earlier...but now you look like your not enjoying yourself..." I look down some, twiddling my thumbs, "It's not that I'm not happy...it's just-"

"Alrighty~! It's time for some music~!" We both look over, seeing Sayaka and Leon in nice looking outfits, "Heres a sweet song for you two~" she says as she clears her throat some, Leon starting to play a...guitar? He knows how to play...? That's...a bit odd...could he be into music now...? I wonder if it's because of Sayaka...I did notice that they've been spending a lot of time together. As I listen to Sayaka sing, I smile and relax some. Her singing voice is...so pretty~ The song is pretty romantic to...~ I smile and blush some to myself. It...makes me happy...~ It's also a bit embarrassing considering the situation...

I look up at Mondo, noticing his face is a little red. He looks...kinda embarrassed...like I do, "What's wrong Mondo...?" I ask, making him look up at me some. He's not saying anything...he's just...staring at me. It's concerning, but...I'm honestly more curious then anything...I think to myself some. I wonder...is it possible that he...knows now...?

Mondo's POV:

N-No way...is this supposed to be a...I feel my face grow more red, looking down some. How did I not realize it...I thought the whole set up was odd...it looked...all romantic...and thinking back, the shared shake makes more sense. Ugh! Why would the others do this?! We're not like that...we're not even together...so why...? I sigh a bit to myself. I bet Chihiro is weirded out by this too...this is probably the reason why he looked nervous before, could this be why Chihiro doesn't look happy now...?

I look back up at him, noticing that...he looks more relaxed and happy again, making me smile some. It looks like Sayaka's singing is making him feel better...I'm glad that it is...~ I don't want to see him look upset again, though...I don't get why he was upset in the first place, considering that earlier he ended up being happy after a little while into our dinner.

"Mondo...? What's the matter...?" Chihiro asks, making me shake away my thoughts and laugh some. "Oh it's nothing! I'm all good...~" I say with a smile, rubbing the back of my neck. Chihiro smiles and giggles some, "Alright...~" he says as he goes back to eating his food. I sigh a bit to myself. Ugh what do I do?! I was feeling fine before, but now i just feel nervous...I didn't think that this dinner was supposed to be a date...wait...is this really a date...? I mean...we're friends...he probably doesn't think it is. I should just treat this like a regular dinner and not make it awkward.

I take a breath and smile some, "So Ah...this is nice~ The music and all that..." I say with a slight laugh, making Chihiro smile some. "It is...~" he looks down a bit, "It's been a while since I've had a nice dinner like this...the last time I did was..." he saddens some, concerning me. "Was when...?" I ask, making him look back at me. "Was...when I was with my dad...we were celebrating a promotion he got at work..." Chihiro sighs some, "I hope he's okay...wherever he is..."

I sigh a little, "I'm sure he is...I can help you find him when we get out of here...if you want...~" I say, making his eyes widen some. "R-Really...~?" Chihiro says, making me laugh a little. "Yea! I'll make sure you two are together again...~ Plus..." I look down some, "I still need to find my gang...though I don't know if I'll be able to face them again...after everything..." I say with a sigh. Ugh...I don't want to even think about what they'd say...they'll probably all hate me...I wouldn't be surprised if they did...

Chihiro's POV:

I look down a little and sadden some. Mondo...he really is afraid. It kinda reminds me a little of how I used to be...I chose to burry myself in lies instead of confronting my problems...chose to hide behind a girls outfit instead of trying to become stronger...that...was a major mistake. Of course, now I want to change all that...I want to destroy the weak version of me that everyone sees...I won't let others push me around anymore...I will get stronger so I can not only stand up for myself, but also defend myself. That's why...I thought Mondo would be the one person who could help me...

I look up at him, seeing that he looks kinda upset. I...never thought that he would be like this...I remember him being so confident and straight forward...he was also tough and had no problems speaking his mind. Not only that, he's physically strong too...he's the kind of guy that I wished I could be. Seeing him like this...it's like that strong confident side of him was taken away...

I tighten my fists some. I want it to come back...I want to see that same Mondo that I looked up to and admired...I mean...I do like him and all that, but...I still want to help him overcome his insecurities...I made a mans promise that I would...I'm not gonna break that.

I take a breath before speaking, "Mondo..." I say, making him look up at me, "I know that you can face them...I'm sure that-" "There's no point..." he says, interrupting me, "They know about what I did to my brother and how I really am...they're just gonna treat me like shit...most likely kick me out of the gang and find a new...stronger leader..."

I sigh some, "Mondo...you are strong...I know you are. You can't let what happened control your life...like what happened between us, it's all in the past. What matters now is moving forward...overcoming what you went through and living your life without any fears or worries..." he looks down some as I continue to speak, "Those fears may show up again, which is normal...I still think about what I went through and sometimes it discourages me, but I know that I can't let it control me...if anything...it gives me the determination I need to want to change...I know that you can overcome it too...~" I say with a slight smile.

"That may be easy to say, but putting it to action is more difficult then you think..." he says, making me sigh a little and reach my hand over, grabbing his, "That's what I'm here for...~ Don't forget that I promised to help you...that promise won't be broken...no matter what...~" I say with a smile, surprising him some. "Chihiro..." he smiles some, "Thanks...~ I...needed that...~" he says with a slight laugh, but then glances down and blushes some. Huh...? Why is his face all red...?

I look where he's looking, my eyes widening some when I realized what I was doing, "I-I'm sorry!" I say as I pull my hand off of his, looking away and blushing some. He laughs some, rubbing the back of his neck, "Don't worry about it...~" Mondo says, making me glance back over at him. He's...okay with it...? I smile some and twiddle my thumbs, "Y-You know Mondo...there's actually something I wanted t-"

I'm interrupted when a siren suddenly goes off, startling us both. The siren...my eyes widen some. It happened again...another person in the killing game is dead...I stand up, looking towards the door. We need to see who it is...they could give us more insight about what's currently going on in the killing game...thinking about that person saddens me some. I wonder...who killed them...?