Chapter 25~Back in the Game.

Makoto's POV:

As the conveyor belt gets closer and closer to the hydraulic press, I get anxious and scared. I...I have no way to escape this...I'm gonna be executed...for a crime I didn't do. I had a choice...to convict Kyoko...or to trust her...my choice lead me to where I am now. What am I gonna do...? Does Kyoko have some sort of plan in mind...? Im...not sure...all I know is that Im almost at the hydraulic press...I close my eyes tightly. Please...someone or something...save me from this mistaken execution...I want to-

Im snapped out of my thoughts when I suddenly hear the hydraulic press make a weird noise. I look up, noticing that it's not coming down. What...happened? I suddenly notice that...the image on the screen that was originally Monokuma, changed to a familiar green screened sight. My eyes widen some. Is that...? Before I could even finish my thoughts, I feel myself drop down a shoot, quickly falling down to who knows where at a fast rate. This...isn't good...

After a little while I wake up, sitting up and rubbing my head. Where...am I...? How long was I knocked out...? I look around. There's garbage everywhere...that must've been a trash shoot I fell down. "Oh! Your awake~" I look up, seeing that someone is walking over to me. Who...is that...? I shake my head and let my eyes focus on the figure, them widening when I see...someone I wasn't expecting to see. "C-Chihiro...? Why are you here?! You're supposed to be dead..." I think to myself some, "Wait...are you a materialized version or maybe a hologram of Alter Ego...?" I ask as I touch him, feeling that he's solid. "Well...yes and no..." he says, confusing me some. Huh...?

I snap out of my thoughts and stand up, brushing the trash off of me, "Why are you here...? Was it...to save me...?" I ask, Chihiro smiling some. "That's one reason...~ Depending on how the trial went, I would've saved you or Kyoko..." he says, confusing me again. "Wait...you knew that one of us was gonna be executed...? How?" I ask, making him sigh some. "I know you have a lot of questions, but we have to make sure you get out of here so we can find the real truth to this murder." Chihiro says, surprising me some. He's...gotten more confident...I'm glad~ He really needed it...and I know that he wanted it before he was murdered.

Chihiro's POV:

I think to myself some. Mukuro was right...I'm back in the game. I made it just in time to stop Makotos execution...~ I look back at him, giving him a confused look, "Is something wrong...?" I ask, him shaking his head. "No nothing is wrong, I just noticed that you...don't seem scared or timid like you were before~" he says, making me look down some. "Yea...I wanted to become stronger...~" I smile some, "I had some help with it, help that I originally hoped I'd get here in the killing game...~" I say, confusing Makoto some. Before he could speak again, we're startled when some trash bags suddenly fall down the shoot. More bags...? Well I guess this is a trash compactor...we really should get out of here.

I notice one of the trash bags moving, confusing me some, until I see it open. Makoto, recognizing who comes out of the bag, quickly hurries over to it, "Kyoko!" He says, her smiling some. "I'm glad to see that your alright...~" she looks down a bit, "I'm sorry to have put you in that situation..." Makoto laughs a bit, "It's okay...~ I...trusted your judgement, though to be honest I don't one hundred precent know why...I nearly died..." he says, her sighing some. I'm kinda surprised he did too, but at the same time...I'm not...~ Kyoko is a very trustworthy person...I mean...she knew about my secret, but never told anyone...~ I laugh a bit to myself. I can also see another reason why he did~

I'm snapped out of my thoughts when I feel a hand on me, startling me some, "You saved Makoto...thank you...~ I owe you a lot...~" Kyoko says, surprising me a bit. Is...she not phased by the fact that I'm back in the game...? "Haha Yea...~" I take a breath before speaking, "We need to find out the truth to this case...I don't want anyone else to be falsely accused." I say, Kyoko nodding in agreement. "We must get out of here and converse with the others...we also have to get Monokuma to allow one more trial...it's the only way we can find the truth." She says as she looks around, starting to climb a ladder, "Let's go you two..."

I look at Makoto, whose blushing some, "Ah...do you want me to go first...?" I ask, snapping him out of his thoughts. "Huh...? Oh Ah...no it's okay~" he says as he heads for the ladder, making me laugh some. Now I definitely see why he trusted her~ Once we're out, we head over to the gymnasium, where we walk in to find Monokuma sitting on the podium. I take a breath. Alright...I can do this.

"Monokuma...we need to have a word with you." Kyoko says, making him groan some. "What do ya-" he cuts himself off once he sees me, feeling a mix of confused and angry, "You..." he gets off the podium and comes over to me, "How did you manage to stop my execution! I crushed you!" He says, me shaking my head some. "You can't destroy an AI...once it exists...it exists. Alter Ego managed to access everything before that execution, and hid away until they were needed." I say, making Monokuma think to himself some. "Your talking like your not the AI..." he says, making me a bit confused. I would've thought he already knew that. Junko is smart...there's no way she wouldn't have known...unless-

My thoughts are interrupted when Kyoko starts to speak again, "What you did violated your own rules...why were you so desperate to get rid of someone who wasn't even the culprit..." she says, irritating him some. "I don't have to answer you..." he says as he turns around and starts to head back to his podium. "We need a retrial...weren't you the one who said that we have to follow the rules...? Including yourself...?" She says as he gets onto the podium. "Yea, we have to have one! It's not fair for the rest of us...plus, we want to find out the truth behind everything!" Makoto says, making Monokuma go silent. Kyoko is right...we need this retrial...I do especially.

After a while Monokuma laughs, "Fine! If you really want a retrial, you can have it! If you can find out the mysteries of this school, I'll let you aaaaaaaall go~!" He grins more, "If you fail, everyone will be executed!" He says, looking over at me, "Though I'll have to figure out what to do about you..." I sigh some. Hopefully I'll wake up like everyone else...that's my hope right now along with saving everyone. I...want to go back to Mondo.

Makoto's POV:

As Kyoko, Chihiro, and I head towards the cafeteria, we all chat some. Chihiro talked a little about some stuff involving his appearance, but unfortunately he wouldn't say everything...I think to myself some. All he really said was that he was put back into the game, which was confusing for me, but Kyoko realized how and all that pretty quickly...heh...what can you expect from the Ultimate Detective~ She's...pretty awesome...~

I shake away my thoughts and focus back on our conversation. She said that this place is most likely a virtual reality, which means that none of us are actually here...which is actually good to know, since it means that everyone who died and was executed could still be alive outside of here~ I wish that Chihiro would tell us more then just that...could he possibly know who the mastermind is already...? Is that the other reason why he's back here...?

Once we got to the cafeteria door and opened it, I was greeted by the rest of the survivors, who were happy, or at least partly happy, to see me, but they also kinda made fun of me because of how bad I smelled. I mean, the other two do too...so why is it just me being picked on...? I'm snapped out of my thoughts when I notice everyone staring at Chihiro. It looks like we have some explaining to do...