Chapter 3~Mondo

Mondo's POV:

I open my eyes, rubbing my head. What's...going on...? Last thing I remember is being on a motorcycle and riding it into that cage...now I'm waking up to see some chick with short black hair along with Sayaka and Leon, who shouldn't even be alive. I hear someone bust through the door as they sit me up, seeing Sayaka look towards it, "I told you to stay in the cafeteria!" she says, sounding concerned. Who's she talking to...?

I look towards the door, my eyes widening when I see...a familiar short boy wearing a girls outfit, "C-Chihiro...?" I say, his eyes widening some. He looks...terrified. I unfortunately know why... "Chihiro I'm-" he quickly turns around and runs out of the lab, "Wait!" I say as I try to get out of this stupid pod, wincing when I realize...I can't move my legs. "You won't be able to walk around for a while...due to your execution, but you should recover after maybe a week" the girl with the the black hair says as she grabs a nearby wheelchair. Damn it! I need to talk to him...I need to let him know how bad I feel about...what I did. I then realize something she said, making me look at her. Wait...how'd she know about my execution...?

Once Sayaka and Leon help me into the wheelchair, Sayaka looks towards the door, "I'm gonna go find Chihiro..." she says as she leaves, making me look down some. Chihiro...god I feel like shit...how could I do that to him?! I sigh some, leaning my head on my hand. I'm such an idiot...I wish...I could take it back. I just want to turn back time so that moment never happened...but that's not possible.

I stayed silent as Leon rolled me into an infirmary, slowly helping me onto the bed. After that Leon sits in a nearby chair, "So...how're you feeling...you know after your execution...?" he asks, me glancing over at him. "I feel fucking fantastic..." I say sarcastically, making him roll his eyes. "I just wanted to know how you're doing..." he says as I look down some. "It was god awful...I know yours was bad, but...if you knew what that execution felt like..." I say, Leon sighing some. "I know...It looked awful...I can't imagine being in that situation..."

My eyes widen a bit, looking over at him, "Wait...what do you mean it looked awful...? How do you know what it looked like...?" I asked, him looking up at the tv in the infirmary room. "We saw it on the tv..." he says, pissing me off some. How...? Was someone recording the killing game...? What kind of sick asshole would do something like that?! I realize something, making me look down, "So...the three of you saw the trial then...?" I ask, Leon looking back at me and shaking his head. "No...just me and Sayaka watched it...Chihiro...couldn't do it..." he says, me sighing some.

He...must fucking hate me after what I did...if I was in his situation...I'd want nothing to do with the person who killed me. I wouldn't blame him if he never spoke to me again...I'm snapped out of my thoughts when Sayaka walks into the room, looking kinda upset, "He won't come out of this room he ran into...he's bawling his eyes out..." she says, making me feel worse, "Mukuro's gonna try to talk to him...hopefully she can get him out..." I tighten my fists some. Chihiro...I'd give anything for you to come in here and see me...so I can just...apologize to you. I'll do it as many times as I have to...I just...want you to trust me again...I...don't want you to hate me...

Chihiro's POV:

I can't believe this...he's back...he's back and I don't know what to do. I really don't want to see or talk to him...but...I want to know...I want to know why he did it. I sigh some, leaning my head on my knees. I feel bad for not letting Sayaka in to see me...I just...want to be by myself. I snap out of my thoughts when I hear a knock on the door, "Chihiro...it's Mukuro...may I come in...?" she asks, confusing me some. Why does she want to talk to me...? Probably because of what just happened...though it's strange since she doesn't really talk much. As much as I don't feel like talking to anyone, I do want to ask her about some stuff involving our situation...so...I'll have to let her in...

I unlock the door, Mukuro opening the door soon afterwards, "I understand that this may be a bit much for you..." she says as she sits in a chair close by, "but you have to understand...you need to talk to him at some point..." I sigh some and hide my face in my knees, "I know...I just...I can't..." I say, feeling like I want to cry again, "I...can't face him..." Mukuro walks over to me, kneeling in front of me, "Take this mono pad...this will have your trial and his execution on it." she says as she hands it to me, surprising me some, "I had Sayaka watch her trial and Leon's execution when she woke up...and I would like for you to do the same."

What...? Why...? Why do I have to watch it...? This is...kinda weird...we don't get the option to not see it...? I look down at the mono pad nervously, "Do...I have to watch it now...?" I ask as she stands. "I'd like for you to, but considering your situation...you can watch it when your ready to." Mukuro says as she prepares to leave. "Wait! I wanted to ask you about some stuff involving-" "I have to get back to work..." she says, interrupting me as she opens the door. I sigh some. I guess I can't help that Mukuro is busy...but...I do want to know one thing.

"Ah Mukuro...can...I ask you one quick question...?" I say, making her sigh and turn back to look at me. "What is it...?" She says, sounding slightly annoyed, which surprised me some. What's with...that response...? I shrug it off and take a breath, "How is...Mondo doing...?" I ask, looking down some. I may not want to see him, but...I do want to know if...he's okay...

"He's doing okay...unfortunately he won't be able to walk for a while due to his execution" Mukuro says, saddening me some, "He also seems to be mad and gloomy...which doesn't surprise me." Mad and...gloomy...? "Why is he-" she interrupts me by shutting the door and leaving, making me sigh some and look down at the mono pad. I guess...I'll find out when I watch the video...which I probably won't do till...later today...

After a bit longer I finally leave the room. I feel somewhat better now, but...I feel bad about Mondo not being able to walk. I...feel like it's my fault in a way...I hold onto the mono pad tightly. Im not gonna think about it right now...I feel like chatting with Sayaka and Leon. As I walk down the hall I come across the infirmary, stopping when I see them in there with Mondo. I quickly hide, peaking in a bit to watch them. He...really does look gloomy...I sadden some. Maybe...he feels bad about what happened...

Sayaka glances at the door way, noticing that I'm there. She looks back at Mondo, saying something before she stands up, motioning Leon to follow her. Once they leave Leon shuts the door behind him, while Sayaka walks over and hugs me, "Chihiro I'm so sorry...I should've stayed with you..." she says as she lets me go, me shaking my head in response. "It's okay...I needed some time alone..." I say with a bit of a smile.

As we walk away I look back at the infirmary door. I'll...try to talk to him. Im afraid to, but...I don't want to see him like that...I sigh a bit to myself. I'll take it one step at a time...