Chapter 20~Opening the Bottle...

A/N~Just saying right now, Mondo's backstory is kinda different in this story. I mixed in some of his backstory from the game and added some of my own parts to it lol. I don't know his entire back story besides what he's talked about in his free time events, but this is my version of it~^v^
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Chihiro's POV:

H-He...cares about me...? Well I mean...he is a friend...friends care about other friends...~ It's not like he- I'm snapped out of my thoughts when he takes my hand and drags me out of the locker room, "Let's go take a walk around the track...you already have your workout clothes on..." he says confusing me some. Huh...? Why go back to the track...? Well...I mean I guess it's fine since I was just gonna work out some before bed...I know we already did our training today, but I felt like doing more...

"Ah...okay...but you don't have yours on..." I say, making him laugh some. "I'll be fine...~" he says making me sigh a bit. "At least take off your jacket! I don't want you to get overheated..." I say, making Mondo let go of my hand and raise his eyebrow some. "Are you worried about me~?" He asks as he takes off his jacket, making me blush some. "N-No! I'm just making sure that-" he interrupts me by laughing, "Don't worry about it, I'm just messing with ya~" Mondo says as he puts down his jacket and continues heading towards the track.

I quickly catch up to and walk by him, "So...why are you wanting to walk with me...?" I ask, making him sigh some, "I just...wanted to talk to you about some stuff..." Mondo says, surprising me some. Huh...? What does he...I think to myself some, my eyes widening some when I realize something. Could it be that he...I look over at Mondo, seeing that he's looking down some. It must be..."You want to talk to me about...what you've kept bottled up...what you felt like you couldn't tell anyone because...they wouldn't understand how you felt...?"

Mondo laughs some and rubs the back of his neck, "Yea...I know it sounds dumb..." he says, making me shake my head. "It's not...that's what I'm here for...~ You don't have to tell me everything today okay...~? Just tell me what you feel like talking about...~" I say, making him smile some and nod. "Alright...~" Mondo says, taking a breath before he starts to speak, "When I was younger...I was jealous of my brother Daiya. He was always stronger then me...everyone admired him...while I was seen as the lesser brother who was nothing..."

My eyes widen some, "R-Really...?" I ask, him nodding some. "Yea..." Mondo tightens his fists some, "It hurt...I would always come home from school and go straight to my room..." he laughs some, "My dog would always follow and comfort me...he always knew when I was upset...~" Mondo says, making me giggle some, "What was his name~?" I ask, making him smile some. "It was Chuck...~ He was my best friend...~ I loved him so much...we would always play in the back yard...he would go everywhere I went...~" he says, laughing some, "His favorite thing was sleeping in my bed with me...it was...my favorite thing too...~" Awww who knew he could be such a softy~

Mondo looks down some, "When he...passed away...it hit me hard. I didn't have my best friend...the only one who would comfort me...at home..." he says, surprising me some. "What about your brother...?" I ask, making him sigh some. "He would try to, but...I pushed him away...mostly because he never helped me at school when I really needed it. I thought that I didn't need him or his comfort, but...in reality...I did. We ended up not being close back then because of that...I regret not giving him a chance..." he says, saddening me some. Mondo...

"As we got older, I tried to be as strong as him...of course that didn't happen. He always one upped me and I would always try to get on his level." Mondo says, making me look down some. "That's why you started exercising..." I say, making him nod some. "Yea...I would always do it without him knowing...of course when my bro started notice, he came with me that one day. That day was when I worked the hardest...I wanted to impress him, but I upset him more then anything..." Mondo says with a sigh, "That was when my bro told me all of that stuff...I took his advice and it really helped me...he even trained with me after that..." It's just like how he was when I overworked myself...he said some of the same things his brother did...Mondo smiles some, "That day was...when we actually started to get close...I...really enjoyed those days...~"

After talking a little more we decided to take a break from walking. We got some water bottles and headed towards the middle of the track, where we sat down. As I drink my water bottle I look over at Mondo, noticing that he's looking down some. I never would've thought that...he went through all that...in some ways, it kinda reminds me of myself. I was also afraid of being seen as weak...the only difference is he actually tried to become stronger while...I ran away from my problems. Of course his gang members didn't help with his complex...they just made it worse...it made Mondo push his brother away again...all of that led to...Daiyas death...I look down some. I...I don't know how I can help him with this...is there a way I can...?

Mondo notices me, "Hey...are you okay...?" He asks, making me snap out it. "Oh! Yea I am...~" I say, making him sigh some. "I don't believe you..." he says, surprising me some, "Whats on your mind...?" I look back down some, "I just...feel bad that you went through all that...but I don't think Daiya would be disappointed in you..." I say, making him laugh some. "I know...he really did care about me...he showed that...even in his last moments..." Mondo says, looking down some. I look back at him, feeling a mix of sad and...kinda nervous. Is...he about to...

"There's...so much I wanted to tell him..." he tightens his fists some, "I wanted Daiya to know...how much I cared about him...I never thanked him for sticking up for me when the other members treated me like shit...for every time he got me out of trouble...for training me...for just...everything he's done for me..." he says, tearing up some, "I kept everything bottled up...I kept trying to bury that weak version of myself...I didn't want to be looked down on just because I was the leaders little brother...I wanted to prove myself, but...my recklessness not only caused the gang a lot of problems...it costed my brothers life." Mondo says, covering his face with one of his hands, "I'm such an idiot! I should've never pushed him away when I became part of the gang! I kept telling myself that I was strong...that I can be as strong as Daiya, but I...I'm weak...that's all I am...that's..."

I sadden some and take his hand, "Mondo..." I say, making him look over at me, "Your not weak. Quit telling yourself that...you shouldn't be so hard on yourself..." I look down some, "I know I have no right to say that...since I believe the same about myself, but I'm trying to change...we both are. It'll take time, but we have the advantage since...we're helping each other..." I blush some, making Mondo smile. "That's true...I don't know if I'd be able to do this without you...~" he says as he squeezes my hand some, making me blush more. Why am I so nervous all of a sudden?!