Chapter 10: Starting Over...

A/N~Sorry for the late chapter!! I'm finally getting back into it lol My brain has been all over the place lately XD
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Chihiro's POV:

When Mondo agrees to stay I let go of his jacket, letting out a slight sigh of relief. I could tell how mad he was about Celestia and really didn't want him to cause a scene...plus...I'm not sure how she'll be once she wakes up. Her execution was pretty bad...I look down a bit. I...honestly can't believe that she ended up being a killer, but...at the same time I understand why she did it. I mean...she is a gambler...

"Hey...you okay...?" Mondo asks, snapping me out of my thoughts. "Oh ah...yea I am..." I say with a slight smile as I go back to eating. Out of the corner of my eye I notice Hifumi walking up to us, "There's no way I'm leaving you here alone with that brute Miss Fujisaki!" Hifumi says with a huff, making me sigh some. Here I was hoping he'd leave me alone and go see Celeste, but...I guess not...even after everything that happened earlier he still treats me like a girl...and Mondo like a bad guy when he's truly not.

I glance over at Mondo, noticing that he's starting to look mad again. We should leave...a fight may go down if we stay any longer, though I'm not sure since...Mondo didn't fight last time. I take a breath and look over at Hifumi, preparing to speak up, until I hear Mondo get up from his chair, "We should go..." he says as he picks up our trays to throw away, confusing me some. Huh...? He...wants us to leave...? My guess is because of Hifumi...I personally don't want to stay either, but...I was honestly expecting Mondo to...pick a fight with him.

"What?! Y-Your not gonna actually go with him...are you Miss Fujisaki...?" Hifumi asks as Mondo walks back over to me, "If you do he might-" I put up a hand, interrupting him, "Don't worry about me Hifumi...he won't hurt me..." I say as I walk with Mondo out of the cafeteria, leaving Hifumi feeling worried and hurt. As we walk I look over at Mondo, who has kept silent the whole time. I start feeling concerned again. Something's bothering him...I can tell...normally he wouldn't hesitate to talk back to someone, but...he stayed quiet...why...?

Once we get to our room, Mondo opens the door, us both walking in before he shuts it behind us, "He sure knows how to ruin the mood..." Mondo says as he walks over to his bed and sits on it, sighing a bit. Could he be...upset because of what Hifumi said...? I walk over and sit by him, making him look over at me, "It'll be okay Mondo...I'm sure that eventually he'll treat you nice again...~" I say with a smile, making him laugh a bit. "We'll see about that..." Mondo says as he lays on the bed, facing the wall.

After a while of silence between us, I start to feel awkward. I'm not sure what I should say...I mean...I know I have to talk to him...I can't be afraid of him like I was before, but...it's hard. I'm...afraid that I may upset him or...make him mad, though...when he looked mad earlier this morning and when Hifumi was treating him badly, he didn't fight or yell...I need to know why. I sigh a bit before finally speaking up, "Ah...Hey Mondo...can I ask you something...?" I say, feeling the bed move as he turns back towards me.

"Sure..." Mondo says with a slight yawn, surprising me some. "Oh! Were you asleep..? I-I didn't mean to wake you up..." I say nervously, making him laugh some. "Nah I wasn't asleep, though I was starting to get tired just laying hear doing nothing..." He says, making me look down some, "Anyways...what's your question...?" I twiddle my thumbs and think to myself, trying to figure out how I want to start this conversation.

"Why are you holding back your anger...?" I ask, surprising him some, "I've noticed that...both times with Hifumi you held back...you didn't yell or get angry at him even though I could tell you were..." Mondo rubs his neck, looking down some, "Well...Its because I..." he groans some, "I just...didn't want to upset or scare you..." he says, making my eyes widen. "Mondo...you don't have to do that..." I say, saddening some, "I'll admit that I don't like when people fight, but...that doesn't mean that you shouldn't defend yourself...I...always thought that it was cool when you showed how tough you were...~"

Mondo looks at me, his face reddening some, "You...liked that about me...?" He asks, me nodding in agreement. "I'm not saying that you should pick fights all the time, but you should at least defend yourself against someone who's wrong...your strong Mondo...you know that...." I say, making him look down some. "You say that, but...we both know that I'm not that strong anymore. Really...your stronger then I'll ever be..." he says, surprising me some. Why would Mondo say that...? He's strong...I know he is...why can't he see that...? I sigh a bit to myself. We have a lot of work to do...

Mondo's POV:

I...never realized how much Chihiro looked up to me...he sees me as this fearless confident strong willed person, but...in reality I'm afraid. Ever since that trial, I've thought back to that moment with my brother...I'd give anything to turn back time and change what I did. Unfortunately I can't, but I know I was given a second chance with Chihiro...I...won't screw up this time. I won't hide behind a closed door like I did before...I'm gonna become stronger...for him...and for myself.

Chihiro notices me, saddening some, "You know...you can talk to me Mondo..." he says, making me look over at him. It looks like he's getting more comfortable around me, which is good, but it's just...hard for me to talk to him. "I know..." I say with a bit of a sigh. Chihiro looks down and thinks to himself for a bit before speaking again, "So...why won't you...? Is it because of the killing game...?" I stay quiet, confirming his suspicions, "Mondo...that's put behind us now...I'm...I'm not scared anymore okay...? I'm not afraid of you...I want us to go back to the way things were before..." he says with a slight smile.

I look back down, tightening my fists some. I know you do...I know, but the problem is...I'm still afraid. I don't want to hurt you again...at the same time I don't wanna push you away...ugh this is so frustrating. I feel something on my fist, startling me some, "It's okay now..." I look down at it, seeing that it's Chihiro's hand, "Were gonna get stronger together...~ I know it takes time, but it will happen...~" he says, surprising me some. He actually touched me...he flinched last time...I smile some to myself. I'm already seeing a change in you...~

I relax my fists and laugh a little, "We will...~" I say, making him smile brightly. That...that's what I want to keep seeing...I want to keep making him smile like this...~ "We're gonna start over...like the killing game never happened...~" Chihiro says, as he lets go of my hand. "Yea...like it never happened...~" I say with a slight laugh, him giggling some. It's gonna be hard for me to forget about the killing game, but...I've gotta try...like Chihiro said, it's put behind us...~

Chihiro stands up from my bed, heading over to his, "We should get some rest, we have to get up early tomorrow for our training~" he says happily, making me laugh some. "You sure are excited about this...~ I've never seen someone this pumped about wanting to work out~" I say, making him blush some. "W-Well...I'm just glad that I'm gonna finally do this and that...well...your gonna be the one helping me...~" he says, starting to feel embarrassed.

I feel my face go red, quickly turning away so he doesn't see it, "I'll...do my best...I won't let you down." I say, making him giggle some. "I know~" he says as he climbs into his bed, "Sleep well Mondo~" I glance back over at him, smiling some, "Night...~" I say as I lay back down, covering my face with a pillow. What was that?! He looked...so damn cute when he blushed like that...~ Ugh get it together Mondo! Chihiro is a boy...not only that, we're back to being friends...I don't wanna mess things up for us...I sigh a bit to myself. I can't feel this way...not now.