Chapter 23~What I'm Hiding...

A/N~I'm so sorry for the late chapter! Been having some stuff going on lol I should get the next one out here in a week or so!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Mondo's POV:

I open my eyes and yawn some. Ugh...it's already morning...? Why am I still tired...? I look by me, seeing that Chihiro is still snuggled up to me. I smile some and mess with his hair, making him smile a little. It's hard to believe that last night actually happened...~ I did kinda feel weird asking him to sleep in my bed...it was on impulse, but...I'm glad I did it~ I blush some. That was...also pretty forward of me...kissing his forehead like that...I laugh a bit to myself, but then sigh a little. I'm glad everything happened the way it did, but...I still don't know what Chihiro is hiding...I'll have to ask him when he wakes up.

After a while longer, I feel Chihiro stir some. It looks like he's waking up...he rubs his eyes and looks up at me, making me smile some, "Good morning sleepyhead...~" I say, making him giggle and sit up some. "Good morning~" he says as I sit up, instantly hugging me, "Wanna go get ready to work out~?" I sigh some and put my arm around him, "I do, but...there's something I want to talk about first..." I say, making Chihiro release me from his hug. "What's wrong...?" He asks curiously. Alright...here we go...

I take a breath before speaking, "What were you hiding from me yesterday...? We got so caught up in the moment and I never did get an answer from you..." I ask, making him look down some. "I'm...not supposed to say anything about it..." Chihiro says, confusing me some. Not supposed to...? I think to myself some, realizing something, "Mukuro is the reason why...isn't she..." I say, sounding a bit irritated. Chihiro stays silent, confirming my thoughts. I knew she was fucking suspicious...

Chihiro's POV:

I had a feeling he would bring this up again...Mukuro told me not to tell anyone until a certain moment in the killing game happens, whatever that means...I tighten my fists some. I...want to tell him so bad, but I'm...worried about how he'll take it. Plus...she might get mad at me...I shake away my thoughts. No...I'll tell him. I have to...especially because-

"Chihiro...?" I snap out of my thoughts and look back at him, "It's fine if you really don't want to tell me..." Mondo says, me shaking my head in response. "It's okay...really...~" I say as I snuggle up to him, "I...honestly should tell you...it's pretty important..." Mondo sighs some, "Alright then...~" he says as he pulls me closer, "What did you two talk about...?"

~Flashback to Yesterday~

As Mukuro leads me to the back room, I think to myself some. What's does she want to tell me...? Why is it so important that the others can't know...? When she opens the door, my eyes widen when I see a...pod? "It's another pod...why is it here...?" I ask as Mukuro closes the door. "This pod...holds the person responsible for putting you guys into the killing game." She says as she walks over to it. R-Really...? This is them...?

I follow her over and look inside the pod, my eyes widening some, "T-This is-" "Yes...it's Junko Enoshima..." Mukuro says, interrupting me and confusing me some. "B-But...she's dead! I saw her body get stabbed with a lot of spears!" I say, making her sigh some. "That...wasn't her...it was actually me..." she looks down a little, "I'm...Junkos sister." Mukuro says, surprising me some. She's...her sister...? If that's the case then...

"Does that mean your...working together with her...?" I ask, making Mukuro sigh some again. "In the beginning I thought...I should follow her no matter what she does, but when I realized her plan for the killing game...I knew that I had to stop her." She looks down some, I'm not going to let the lives of your friends be lost..." she says, surprising me some. She...really does care...~ Back when she first woke me up and handed me that mono pad...I was unsure about her. To me she looked...emotionless...like she didn't really care, but I was wrong...~

I snap out of my thoughts and bring my attention back to her, "So...what is her plan exactly...? I remember you telling me about how they could be trapped there, but why would she want to...?" I ask as I sit down in a nearby chair, Mukuro coming over and sitting next to me. "She wants to trap the remaining students in the killing game...mostly because of one of them being a big problem for her..." my eyes widen some as she continues to talk, "She's planning to make them the culprit, even though they're not, and execute them...trapping everyone else in there." Mukuro says, confusing me some. What...?

"What's the point of trapping everyone else...? Why not just let the others go and then trap the one they want to trap...?" I ask, making her groan some. "I honestly don't know why she wants to trap them too...maybe for fun...? Who knows..." she says as she shrugs her shoulders. This is...weird. Why choose this method to get rid of someone...? There's easier methods...well I mean methods that are better then this, though...I could think of one reason...I shudder at the thought. If that's what she's planning on doing afterwards...I'll do whatever I can to keep it from happening.

I sigh a little and look at her, "What are we gonna do...? How are we gonna stop her...?" I ask, making her look down some. Why does she look...kinda upset now...? After a bit she looks back at me. "You..." she says, confusing me some. "Me...? What about me...?" I ask curiously. "I'm gonna use you to stop her...you have something that no one else has..." Mukuro says, making me think to myself some. Something I have that...others don't...my eyes widen when I realize what she means.

"You mean...AlterEgo...? But how!? I just created them while I was in there...how could-" "Exactly." She says, interrupting me, "You created them while you were in there...their code is imbedded in the machine and could be used to stop her." I smile some, "That's great! I can just find the code on the computer here and..." I notice her looking sad again, concerning me some, "Mukuro...?" I say as she looks down some. "Chihiro...what I want you to do is...different from that. There's others that she...eventually wants rid of...I can't let that happen. My plan is to keep Junko trapped inside to...prevent something like this happening again..." she says, confusing me some. What does she...mean by different...?

"I...don't understand..." I say as she sighs some. "Remember when I...said I could send someone back in...?" Mukuro asks, me nodding some, "Well...that someone is...you." My eyes widen some, "W-What?! Why me...?" I ask as she stands up. "The main controller knew that you would do something to help the others involving your programming skills...they made it to where whatever coding is put onto that laptop is added to the machines coding." Mukuro says, going quiet for a moment before speaking up, "The creator of the AI has the ability to leave and go back into the killing game, except..." she looks down a bit, "Considering what you have to do..."

I look down some. So...I might...I tighten my fists some. I get it...my goal is to defeat Junko and get everyone out...no matter the cost. I get it, but...why me...? I'm not like everyone else...I'm small...and weak...I'm not special in any way...so...what can I do...? I think to myself for a moment. Though, I know that Mondo wouldn't agree with me...I'm sure the others would chew me out too for saying something like that...~ I smile some to myself. I can't think like that anymore...I promised myself...and Mondo...that I would change...~

I take a breath before standing up and looking at her, "I'll do it." I say with a smile, "I'll go back into the game and...make sure the others get out...~" Mukuro looks up at me and smiles some, "You've definitely changed since you first woke up here...~" she says, making me laugh a little. "I have...at least some...~" Before leaving the room, Mukuro speaks up, "Don't tell anyone about what we talked about here for now. I'll let you know when we put our plan into action...it should be here in a couple of days. I'll let you have that time with your friends and Mondo since...well you know..." she sighs some, "Also...before everything...you should know who the main controller is and...why they chose you." she says, my eyes widening some. The controller...this is exactly what I wanted to know...can she read minds...?

"Mukuro...who are they...? I have to know why they...chose me out if everyone in this killing game."