Chapter 29~The Survivors Wake Up.

Mondo's POV:

"Wait! What the fuck happened?!" I say, trying to turn the TV back on, "Why did the video of the trial shut off?!" Mukuro sighs some, "Junko must've broke the connection..." she says, making me bang my fist on the wall. "Damn it! How are we supposed to know when they complete the trial and get out?!" I say as Leon puts a hand on my shoulder. "Dude calm down...at least we know that they finally figured out who the Mastermind was...I'm sure it won't take very long for them to wake up, since they practically beat her." He says with a slight smile.

I look down some. He's right, but...knowing that we have no idea what's going on bothers me. I mean...Monokuma said that they would be set free if they win, but can we really trust that? According to Mukuro, Junko is dangerous and a real threat. I know that she has the power to control the killing game. Shes a program, she could do anything she wanted...she could keep them there despite her word. I tighten my fists some. Beating her...releasing them...It sounds impossible...

I shake away my thoughts and look over at Chihiro's pod. No...it can't be. I know that Chihiro will find a way...~ He'll beat her and wake up like everyone else, I know he will! He's strong...he can do this...~
.
.
.
After a while of waiting, a familiar siren goes off, surprising us all. Sayaka jumps up from her chair, "They're waking up! Chihiro did it~!" She says happily, hurrying over to one of the pods. As the others head over to the pods, I smile happily. I knew he could do it! I walk over to his pod. Now he just needs to wake up...so we can all celebrate this victory~ Taka said that he wanted to do a party, not just for Chihiro, but to celebrate overcoming this killing game and Junko...which I thought was a great idea~

The first pod that opens up is the one Sayaka is standing by, revealing it to be Makoto. He rubs his head and looks around, his eyes widening when he sees her. There's a moment of silence between them before Sayaka speaks, "M-Makoto..." she tears up some, "I-I'm so sorry...I'm sorry that I-" He silences Sayaka by giving her a hug, surprising her some. "It's okay...it's okay Sayaka...~" Makoto tightens his hug around her, "You don't have to worry about that anymore...I'm just glad that your alright~" he says, making her cry more. Heh...Makoto really is forgiving...I thought that he wouldn't want to be around her after what she tried to do, but I guess I was wrong again...~

I look over, seeing that the next pods that open are Aoi's and Hiro's. The moment Sakura sees Aoi, she hurries over and picks her up smiling happily, "Hina...~" she says, Aoi tearing up before hugging Sakura tightly. "Oh Sakura, I'm so happy that your alive! I-I thought...I lost you..." she says with a smile as she buries her face into Sakuras shoulder. "So, are you two gonna date now?" Hiro says, making them both bush some. I sigh some. Way to ruin the moment Hiro, but...I laugh a bit to myself. I already know the answer to that question...~

The next two pods that open are...the two people I was not looking forward to seeing. Toko looks around, her eyes widened some, "W-We're out!" she says, Byakuya nodding some. "Looks like it..." he looks straight up at me, "It seems like I'm not going to get a warm welcome..." he says, irritating me some. "Of course not!" I tighten up my fists, "Why the fuck would you do what you did to Chihiro?!" I say as Byakuya gets out of the pod and fixes his outfit. "It's because I wanted to make the game more interesting, though...I don't need to be lectured again about my reasoning...Chihiro already did that..." he says, surprising me some. Chihiro...stood up to Byakuya...?

"I will say...he certainly has changed from the way he was before, it's kind of impressing..." he says, with a slight smile, "I underestimated him..." I relax my fists some. I never thought I'd ever hear this prick say anything nice about anyone...I look over at Toko, who looks down some, "I-I already know what your going to say...I won't let Genocide Jack hurt Chihiro..." she laughs a bit, "Honestly she has no interest in doing so...s-so there's no problem" Toko looks over at Byakuya, "I also have to make sure M-Master Byakuya doesn't hate me, so I'll keep her from coming out." She says with a giggle, making me raise my eyebrow some. I'm guessing she likes him...? I sigh and shrug my shoulders. Whatever...at least I don't have to worry about her and that freak who's inside her...

I look over to see the the sixth pod open, revealing it to be Kyoko. Mukuro smiles and walks up to her, "Im glad that you made it through...~ I apologize for putting you through all of this...and about...your father." She says, making Kyoko sigh and nod some. "It's pretty much his fault that we were put into this game...if it wasn't for my relation to him..." Mukuro shakes her head and puts a hand on Kyoko's shoulder, interrupting her, "It's okay now...we don't have to worry about it anymore...~" I sigh some. It's hard to believe that all of this started because Junko wanted Kyoko dead...it is kinda weird that she waited till the very end to try and do it, but I really shouldn't be surprised...

I look down at Chihiro's pod with a smile. Now all that's left is for him to wake up, after that...we're finally done with all of this~ I look behind me, seeing Makoto and the other survivors walking over to his pod with...sad looks on their faces? "What's the matter...? What's with those looks...? You guys should be glad that your alive and standing here..." I say, making Makoto look down some. "The only reason why we are is...because Chihiro..." he goes silent, confusing me some. "He what...?" I say, Makoto staying quiet. What's going on...? What about Chihiro...?

I look over at Mukuro, who's messing with the controls, "Somethings wrong..." she says, sounding concerned. My eyes widen some, "What do you mean something's wrong?! He was supposed to wake up like the others!" I say, looking back at Chihiro's pod, "Just fix whatever the fuck it is so he can wake up!" "Mondo..." I look over at Kyoko, who takes a breath before speaking, "You need to know what happened...why he hasn't woken up yet..." she says, making me look back at the pod. Chihiro...what did you do...?