Personal Training

Mashi woke up and stretched, sitting up and rubbing her eyes.

She looked over, Sasuke with his back facing her as he slept on the futon beside hers, her bed moved to make room for the new guest, but she also didn't feel like fighting over who got to sleep on the mattress every other night.

She stood up and gathered her things, tip toeing to the bathroom and getting dressed, undoing her braid and pinning her hair up before she brushed her teeth, ready for the day.

She walked out and into the kitchen, preparing breakfast and two lunchboxes to go with the two as she had every day for the past couple of weeks.

She set the three bowls out, chopsticks beside them and walking to her bedroom that she currently shared with her friend.

"Sasuke—oh good, you're up. Breakfast is ready" she said, seeing he was sitting up, stretching.

"Thanks."

She shut the door behind her and walked across the hall, knocking loudly.

"Kakashi Sensei, breakfast is ready" she called through the door.

She heard a muffled response and huffed quietly, knocking again.

"I'm serious, Kakashi Sensei. You better get up" she warned and stood there, her hands on her hips as Sasuke walked out, the two looking at one another before at the door expectantly.

Finally, it swung open. 

"Fine, fine, happy?" Kakashi asked and she nodded.

"Supremely, in fact."

"Wha—? Where'd that sarcasm come from? You're spending too much time around Sasuke" he remarked.

"I'm barely even here and when I am, I'm asleep" Sasuke said, already eating the tamago kake gohan set out for him.

"You two are a handful" Kakashi sighed and Mashi smiled to herself quietly, Sasuke looking far too pleased for someone who was just called a handful.

"Are you going to get a haircut—I'm not meaning to be rude, it just looks a little longer than usual" Mashi quickly said and Sasuke rolled his eyes, though a slight grin pulled at his lips.

"I'll get one after the exams. I don't want to stop training for some stupid reason like a haircut."

She nodded and took a bite, the table silent for a moment.

"So what are you training for exactly?" She inquired, but Kakashi shook his head.

"You'll just have to wait and see like everyone else" he said, making the girl's cheeks puff into a pout.

"But I live with you two, I'm not "everyone else"..." she muttered beneath her breath.

"Quit being so impatient" Sasuke said, making her give him an incredulous look.

"You, Sasuke Uchiha, have no right to tell me to quit being impatient" she pointed out.

"Yeah, yeah."

She stood up and placed her dishes in the sink, the usual dynamic of the morning continuing until she collected all the dishes, waving goodbye to the pair and finishing cleaning the kitchen.

She walked out with Dokuga coiled against her, heading out to the village.

Dokuga hissed and Mashi looked up, glancing behind her.

A young girl jumped stepped behind an open shop door and Mashi slightly turned her head back around, though from the corner of her eyes, she saw the girl peek her head back around the doorway, watching with a small grin.

Mashi walked towards a clearing and her features turned nostalgic at seeing the clearing and the tree stump where Naruto was once tied as she, Sasuke, and Sakura ate their lunch.

"Why are you following me?"

"I'm sorry" the girl stepped out from behind the tree, though she didn't look sorry at all. "I just wanted to know where you were going."

"Why?" Mashi asked, turning to face her.

"Because you're interesting."

"Interesting?"

"You're the outsider, aren't you? Everyone says you're strong" the girl said and Mashi's cheeks turned pink.

"I mean, not really, I'm not really strong" she waved her hands and the girl giggled.

"Were you coming to train?"

"I was planning to, yes" Mashi nodded and the girl's chocolate brown eyes glimmered with glee.

"Can I watch you then?" She asked and Mashi nodded after a moment, unsure of why the girl was so interested in watching her train and why she was following her of all people.

Nonetheless, Mashi performed several handsigns, focusing on the target she'd placed thirty feet away.

"Kakashi Sensei has his hands full teaching Sasuke, but that doesn't mean I can't teach myself."

She blew out the deep breath she'd inhaled and a horde of snake shaped chakra emerged, Mashi focusing harder and watching them near the target, though as they did, they began to slowly clump together.

Before they could form in a new shape, it hit the target with the sound of a loud explosion.

"Wow! That's amazing!" The girl clapped and Mashi tried again.

She watched with a hard glare as the tails of the snake began to mold with one another, but once more, it hit the target before it could complete a transformation.

"Wow, you're cool, big sis!"

Mashi nearly tripped over her feet at the nickname and she turned.

"I'm sorry, what?"

"Big sis" the blonde repeated and Mashi turned back around.

What was with this girl?

"So what's your name?" Mashi asked, glancing back and the girl grinned.

"Moegi Kazamatsuri, and you're Mashi. Boss talks about you, Sakura, and Sasuke a lot and how strong you are. He wants to beat you guys because you're strong" Moegi said and Mashi scratched her cheek, feeling the skin turning hot. 

"Shut up, Dokuga" she mumbled beneath her breath, Dokuga teasing her about her red face. "You're friends with Konohamaru, right?"

"That's me! I'm Moegi, the sassiest kunoichi in preschool!" She announced, striking a pose and Mashi giggled.

"I see. Well, it's nice to meet you, Moegi. I hope I live up to your expectations."