Attacked!

Team 7, along with Tazuna, walked along the path.

They were journeying to the Land of Waves to bring Tazuna back to his homeland, a trip that had already had a rocky beginning with Tazuna egging in Naruto's rash tendencies.

"Hey, Tazuna" Sakura said.

"What is it?"

"Your country is the Land of Waves, right?" She inquired.

"What of it?" He asked gruffly.

"Kakashi Sensei, there are ninja in that land too, right?"

"No. There are no ninja in the land of waves, but in other countries, there are hidden villages and each have their own different cultures and customs" Kakashi explained.

"On this continent, the existence of shinobi villages means strength, military strength. In other words, that's how they protect themselves and maintain the balance between neighboring countries. Ninja villages are not controlled by a government, they're independent and have equal status. Now a small island, like the Land of Waves, has natural protection from the sea, so there's no need for a ninja village."

"The five ancient lands that possess shinobi villages are the Land of Fire, Water, Lightning, Wind, and Earth—"

"Six ancient lands. Fire, Water, Lightning, Wind, Earth, and Rainforests" Mashi reminded from beside him.

Her home was peaceful and small and like many other lands, had existed for quite some time, since the founding of the Hidden Villages. Despite it's extremely small population and serene tendencies (though she couldn't deny it had terrifying species), her homeland did not deserve to be forgotten.

"Correct. They each occupy vast territories. Together, they are known as the six great Shinobi nations. The Land of Fire has the village Hidden in the Leaves. The Land of Water, the Village Hidden in the Mist, the Land of Lightning, the Village Hidden in the Clouds, the Land of Wind, the Village Hidden in the Sand, the Land of Earth, the Village Hidden in the Stone, and the Land of Rainforests, the Village Hidden in the Branches."

"Only the leaders of these villages are permitted the name Kage, which means "shadow." Hokage, Mizukage, Raikage, Kazekage, Tsuchikage, and Hebikage. These are the leaders, the six legendary shadows that reign over thousands of ninja."

Sakura sucked in a sharp breath.

"Then lord Hokage is really important!"

There was a moment of silence and Sakura's lip twitched as Naruto's brows furrowed with a hint of doubt.

"Hey!" Kakashi Sensei sharply said after a moment, making the four children come to a halt. "You all just doubted lord Hokage. Didn't you?"

Mashi watched Naruto and Sakura shake their heads vigorously.

She never understood how important the Hebikage was as a child, a Kage in general. She could just remember looking at her own village's title and thinking that everything had "snake" somewhere within it. There was never an escape from the word, but she didn't mind. It was her own culture's way.

"There's no neeed to worry. Foreign ninja don't attack on C ranked missions" Kakashi said and the girl with ombré tresses couldn't help but look around.

"What's wrong?" Sasuke asked.

If she was already nervous, this wouldn't be good.

"No...it's nothing" she shook her head, though still couldn't shake the odd feeling she had.

They walked along the quiet path and Mashi fell back, walking beside Kakashi.

"Are you feeling well?" He inquired, raising a brows and she looked up.

"Dokuga can't hear the other snakes."

She looked down, skirting around a puddle, but looked back up at Kakashi.

"We can get you some medicine once we reach the Land of Waves" Kakashi kindly said, but Mashi knew it was a diversion since she hadn't asked for medicine or said she wasn't feeling well.

She closed her eyes, brows furrowing as Dokuga's hisses turned to loud voices within her head, practically forming incoherent screams for her to run or fight.

She turned as chains laced with sharp tools wrapped around Kakashi, suddenly being yanked by whoever wielded them.

Her eyes widened with horror as bloodied body parts flew and she could vaguely hear Sakura screaming as Mashi scrambled backwards, falling on her bottom.

"K-Kakashi Sensei!" Naruto shouted.

"Now it's your turn" a man threatened, two males appearing behind Naruto.

Sasuke leaped into the air, throwing a shuriken, which in turn, kept the chains pinned to the tree trunk. He then threw a kunai, landing in straight in the middle of his previous weapon, making sure the chain wouldn't be used anytime soon.

Neither man could move. They fought as a team, but now they would lose as a team.

Sasuke landed on their heavily armored arms, grabbing the metal and using both feet to kick the two in the face.

They managed to sever the chain from the gloves, leaping around the Uchiha and running at Naruto while the other raced towards Tazuna.

Sakura shook with a stunned and fearful expression.

Mashi scrambled to her feet, pulling out a kunai as she raised her hands to her lips, forming a circle with her fingers and sucking in a deep breath as the two men dashed towards them.

"Snake Style: Snake Bomb!"

A stream of pale green, slithering shapes flew from the circle of her hand and with a fiery haze and dark smoke, the ground exploded upon impact, the others eyes wide.

Still, the two had dodged the blast and raced towards both sides, Mashi and Sakura sliding positions to defend Tazuna, but as quick as the attack had come, it was just as quick that Kakashi had both of them by their necks.

Mashi sighed with relief, seeing Kakashi in one one piece and Sakura smiled to herself, her kunai lowering knowing that they were no longer in danger.

"Naruto, sorry I didn't help you right away. I didn't mean for you to get hurt, I just didn't think you'd freeze up like that."

"Good job, Mashi. You too, Sasuke, Sakura" Kakashi said.

They had both moved to protect the client and defeat the enemies. They were going to be quite the shinobi when they were older with instincts like that.

"Hey" Sasuke said.

"What?" Naruto asked, looking up.

Sasuke gave a smile of cockiness.

"You're not hurt, are you? Scaredy cat."

Naruto growled and was about to lunge at Sasuke, but Kakashi stopped him.

LStand still. These ninja have poison in their claws. We need to get the poison out of you quickly" he said. "You have to open the wound and remove it. It's in your blood, so don't move around. That'll spread the poison. By the way, Mr. Tazuna" Kakashi turned his head.

The man jumped a little.

"Yeah? What?"

"We need to have a talk."