Pass or Fail: Survival Test

Mamushimi woke up and yawned, Dokuga hissing as the warm body she lay beside left the bed.

She was quick to get dressed, but found it odd that Kakashi's shoes were still sitting beside the door and he was nowhere to be found within the home.

Despite this, she set out towards the meeting spot and at five in the morning, the potential squad of four converged into a large group.

Sakura and Naruto yawned and Sasuke retained his always calm facade as Mamushimi had left the group to sit at the tree line.

She sat down by herself, her back facing them and Dokuga left her arms, sitting within her lap, the two sharing their own, quiet little conversation without the other three.

"She okay? She's been there since we got here" Naruto commented as the pink sky turned blue and the sun rose.

"Maybe she fell asleep?" Sakura said, seeing as Mamushimi hadn't moved.

"She's awake" Sasuke contradicted.

Even a child could see the small movements of her arms and tilts of her heads. He couldn't deny that he was a little curious, but he didn't care enough to pry into her business.

Finally, Kakashi had arrived and Mamushimi walked back to the squad.

"What were you doing all this time?" Naruto asked.

"Just clearing my head" Mamushimi shook her head and Sakura raised a brow.

It was sort of obvious that wasn't the case. Who talks to themselves for hours?

Naruto bought it and Sakura didn't find the need to bring it up, especially now that they had more pressing matters to attend to.

"Anyways, you're late!" Naruto and Sakura pointed.

"A black cat crossed my path so I had to take the long way around" Kakashi answered with a smile hidden beneath his mask.

The pair growled and Mamushimi looked at them curiously. For someone who claimed to hate Naruto, she sure acted like him.

Kakashi walked over to a cut tree stump in the clearing, a clock placed upon it.

"This clock has been set for noon" he said and the children tilted their heads curiously.

Kakashi held up three bells, a soft jingling sound ringing through Mamushimi's ears.

"Your assignment is very simple. All you have to do is take these bells from me. That's all there is to it. If you can't get them by noon, you'll all go without lunch" Kakashi warned. "You'll be tied to those posts and watch as I eat my lunch."

"That's why..." Mamushimi voiced everyone's thoughts as growls began sounding from various stomachs.

"Wait a minute, there's four of us! How come there's only three bells?" Sakura asked.

"That's because the last one who doesn't grab a bell will be tied to the post and disqualified for ultimately failing a mission" Kakashi seemed delighted to answer.

"That one goes back to the academy. Then again, all four of you could flunk out. You can use any weapons, including shuriken. If you're not prepared to kill me, you won't be able to take the bells."

"Those weapons are too dangerous, Sensei!"

Kakashi ignored Sakura, continuing on.

"When I says start, you can begin" he said.

Naruto impatiently drew a kunai and rushed at him.

In the blink of an eye, Kakashi was behind Naruto. He had snatched the hand that held the weapon and bent it back, the sharp tip of the weapon pointing at the back of Naruto's head.