The Oath of Pain

"Alright!" Naruto cheered.

Sakura giggled in relief.

Mashi looked at Sasuke, who stood beside her.

"What is it?" She quietly asked.

Her concerns were answered when Zabuza laughed, the sound eerie.

"Finished? Your crude technique is merely a crass imitation of my jutsu. You think I'd be defeated by a copycat ninja like you?" Zabuza chuckled. "It was quite good, though. You had already copied my water clone jutsu during your little speech. It was skillfully executed, however. You had your clone say those words to draw my attention while you hid in the mist, waiting for me to make my move."

"Nice try, but I'm not that easy to fool" another Zabuza appeared behind Kakashi once more.

The one Kakashi that stood with a kunai disappeared in a puddle of water.

"That one's a clone too!" Naruto shouted.

Zabuza's sword headed towards Kakashi, but the Leaf Village shinobi ducked. The sword landed in the ground, shaking the nearby vicinity under its weight. Zabuza quickly switched hands, propelling his foot towards Kakashi face and kicking him into the air.

"Now!" The man exclaimed, more to himself than anything.

He yanked the blade from the ground, running towards Kakashi.

He skidded to a halt, makibishi spikes covering the ground in a fine layer. Zabuza grumbled to himself before jumping headfirst into the water backwards.

"Sensei!" Naruto called.

"He has great physical skill too..." Sasuke commented on Zabuza's skills.

Kakashi rose from the water, but Zabuza dashed behind him, looking down at him from where he stood on the water.

"Fool! Water Prison Jutsu!"

Kakashi was encased in a bubble of water, Zabuza's one hand stuck inside to keep the jutsu from disappearing.

"This prison is made of water, but it's harder than steel. I'll finish you off later, but first, your little friends will have to be eliminated" Zabuza looked to the squad of four children.

"Water Clone Jutsu!"

From the liquid rose a Zabuza clone and the real one chuckled menacingly.

"You think just because you wear a headband, that makes you a ninja. When you've hovered between life and death so many times that you can't be phased, maybe then can you be called a ninja. When your profile is so deadly, it's been entered in my bingo book, then you may have earned the title ninja. Calling upstarts like you ninja is a joke" he said.

Zabuza vanished, but Naruto was soon knocked back.

His headband hit the ground and Zabuza stepped on it.

"You're just brats" Zabuza grinned from beneath the bandages as Sakura called her comrade's name.

"Listen! Get the bridge builder and run! You can't win this fight!" Kakashi called from inside the prison of water. "He's using all his power to keep me in this prison, so he can only fight you with his water clone! But his clone can't go far from his real body, now run!"

Mashi tried to think of all the outcomes, including running. There was none that looked good without ending in death, especially the running part. If they ran, there was a chance they would be found and eliminated. Scratch that, definitely eliminated. Taking him head on would result in death, as well as the bridge builder's.