Give Up on Revenge

Kakashi appeared, grabbing the boys' wrists and flinging them.

The two hit the water tanks and Mashi sighed with pure relief, running to Sakura and Kakashi, pulling Sakura into a comforting hug as she began to cry.

"What are you two doing up here? That was too intense for just a little sparring match, wasn't it? What's wrong with you two?" Kakashi feigned innocence to the situation.

Naruto's hand moved, a small trickle of water escaping, but a large dent was left around it.

Sasuke finally managed to free his hand from the battered water tank, a geyser of water gushing out.

Sasuke turned and saw only the small bit of water escaping the tank and grinned. 

He was the one who acted all high and mighty, not Naruto.

"Were you really going to kill him, Sasuke?"

Mashi looked up, awaiting the answer to the question her Sensei and caretaker asked. 

"You've really got to watch this sense of superiority you have" Kakashi said, sitting atop the water tank now. "That Chidori. It was not the size you aim at a comrade from the Leaf Village. When are you going to grow up, Sasuke?"

"Sasuke...you weren't going to really hurt him, right...?" Mashi quietly asked.

Sasuke looked at her and both knew the answer to that without words. Mashi looked down, not meeting his gaze as rampant thoughts swirled through her mind with alarm. 

"Hmph" was all he said, leaping over the fence of the roof and disappearing.

Sakura began crying and Mashi hugged her tighter, unable to speak.

Kakashi walked to stand in front of them. His eye crinkled, signifying he was smiling.

"Don't worry, we'll have them back to their old selves in no time. Cheer up, okay? I'll see you soon" Kakashi smiled.

He looked at Mashi and she could already sense what he was thinking. She let go of Sakura.

"It's been a long day...I'm going home" she muttered, walking towards the door.

"Mashi..."

She stopped and look at Naruto.

"I'm just tired...that's all..." she shook her head.

Naruto felt guilty at her waving her hand. He worried both his friends and it seemed as if Mashi was disappointed or upset. Which would be worse?

She met Kakashi at the doors of the ground floor.

"I'll talk to him, but he might need someone who understands" Kakashi said.

"I don't understand...I had my clan destroyed, yes, but I'm not like him..." she muttered.

"He's close to you. He and Naruto share a different friendship, but you just might be able to help him" Kakashi explained and Mashi nodded after a moment.

"If you say so..."

They reached a tall tree within the village and Mashi waited at the base of the tree.

"What's this all about?" She heard Sasuke ask from a branch above.

Kakashi had wrapped the metal wires around Sasuke and the tree trunk, pinning him to it.

"Sorry, but I knew you wouldn't want to sit still for a lecture so I figured I'd have to pin you down" Kakashi replied.

There was a heartbeat of silence.