A Dangerous Mission! Journey to the Land of Waves!

"Sasuke. I'm at point B."

"Sakura. I'm at point C."

"Mashi. I'm at point D."

"It's Naruto! I'm at point A! Believe!"

"You're slow, Naruto...okay, squad 7–hm? The target has moved! Follow it!"

Four children sprinted flawlessly through the forest. They seemed to be sliding over the grass like it was ice, hiding behind trees.

"What's your distance from the target?" A man with pale grey hair asked.

"About five meters" Naruto replied. "I'm ready, just give the signal."

"I'm ready too" Sasuke agreed.

"So am I" Sakura followed.

"Me too" Mamushimi, now nicknamed Mashi to shorten the name, replied.

"Okay...now!" Kakashi ordered.

The four leaped out and Naruto grabbed their current feline foe.

The cat yowled at the surprise, clawing at Naruto's face.

"Confirm that there is a red ribbon on the right ear" The Sensei of the four man squad said.

"Affirmative, we've got a positive I.D" Sasuke said into the speaker.

The lost pet, Tora, had been captured.

The cat continued to fight Naruto and Mashi tilted her head.

"Bad cat. You need to behave" Mashi chastised the animal lightly.

It hissed and swiped at her. Her eyebrows furrowed as it continued clawing Naruto, which Dokuga didn't take too kindly.

Dokuga balanced on the end of Mashi's pointed finger and suddenly opened her jaws, hissing sinisterly. 

Tora immediately fell unconscious in Naruto's arms, who looked from the gleaming, venomous fangs of Dokuga to the unconscious cat, who had, thankfully, stopped clawing at his skin.

"I don't do very well with cats" Mashi muttered, holding Dokuga in her hands as they walked back to deliver Tora to its owner.

Immediately, the woman, her face caked with cosmetics, hugged the cat tightly, rubbing her face against its face. It made a Mashi understand why the cat ran away in the first place.

"Hahahahaha! That cat deserves to be squashed. Stupid kitty" Naruto snickered, still upset from the scratches on his face.

"Now then, squad 7. There are several available missions" the third Hokage read a list. "Among them is babysitting the chief counselor's three year old, helping his wife do the shopping, digging up potatoes, and—"

"No!" Naruto shook his head with frustration. "I wanna go on a real mission! Something challenging and exciting, not this little kid stuff! Come on, old man!"

Mashi blinked at his frank attitude, but he was right, after all. She would like to be doing something more than chasing and scaring a runaway cat.

"How dare you! You're just a new genin with no experience! Like everyone else, you start with simple missions to prove yourself!" Iruka snapped.

"What are you talking about? Babysitting is not a mission! It's just a stupid—"

Naruto was cut off by Kakashi punching his head.

"Put a lid on it" he sighed.

"Naruto, it seems you do not understand the tasks you have been given" the Hokage sighed.