Sasuke Vs. Gaara

"Kakashi Sensei..." Mashi glared and the man gave her a smile, but she turned back around, crossing her arms.

"Alright, the rules for this match are the same as in the preliminary. The match continues until one of you die or admit defeat. However, I can stop the match, but that's solely my decision" Genma said, Sakura turning in her seat.

"Oh, right. Sorry about that. You must've been worried. Sorry for not keeping in touch" Kakashi said and Mashi glanced at her before looking away, feeling guilty.

"I don't mind...that's okay..." Sakura murmured, turning back around to watch the match ready to begin.

"And...the mark? It won't affect anything, right?" Mashi quietly asked.

"It's nothing to worry about."

She looked up and at Sakura, the two sharing soft and relieved smiles with each other.

"Good, now we can watch without worrying" Mashi said.

"You said it. Oh, and prepare for a lecture later, Sensei!" Sakura pointed at Kakashi, Guy laughing from beside him as he sighed.

"Both of you to the middle" Genma said as the crowd wildly cheered for the most anticipated match, soon falling silent, determined not to miss a single move in the fight.

"Begin!" Genma ordered, leaping away from the two.

Sand began to emerge from the gourd on Gaara's back and Sasuke jumped back, keeping a safe distance for the time being.

Gaara suddenly twitched and placed his hand against his face, his body trembling, which made Mashi shiver in her seat. That expression—she didn't need to see it to know that he was feeling bloodthirsty.

It seemed as though he were talking to himself, especially by Sasuke's expressions. They were first weirded out, soon turning to a dim look of surprise at whatever Gaara was saying.

Whatever the trance was, the red haired boy broke free from it, wobbling a little, the Sand falling against the ground as Gaara breathed heavily. He managed to stand taller, crossing his arms and Sasuke reached into the holster on his leg pulling out several shuiken and throwing the, at his opponent.

The sand reached up, capturing it and slowly, a clone of a Gaara formed, holding the shuriken between its fingers.

Sasuke dashed towards him and from the body of the clone, sand shot out, Sasuke jumping into the air to avoid the attack.

The clone threw the shuriken still in its grasp, Sasuke throwing another pair of weapons to counteract them.

He swung his leg, kicking and destroying the clone's arms. He twisted upon his hands and landed securely on his feet, landed the back of his hand against the sand clone's throat, but it grinned and began molding around his arm. Sasuke pulled his other hand back and slammed it in its face, the clone destroyed.

With it out of the way, Sasuke ran towards Gaara, throwing a fist out, a wall of sand rising between the two as he did.

Sasuke smirked and suddenly, with incredible speed, he disappeared.

The audience gasped as he reappeared behind Gaara, stunning the boy as well as he swung his fist, nailing him right in the cheek.

Gaara flew back several feet, crashing into the ground, hard.

"So that's your sand armor, huh?" Sasuke asked as Gaara sat up with a glare, the armor of his cheek cracked. "Come on."

Gaara didn't move and Sasuke's expression hardened.

"If you won't, I will!"

Gaara blinked, his eyes growing wide as he glanced around, trying to figure out where an incredibly fast Sasuke would appear.

He threw up a wall in front of him, but Sasuke spun around it, Gaara hurriedly trying to attack him as he raced towards him from behind. Sasuke waved throughout the sand, rolling under and through an opening, kicking Gaara in the chin, sending him flying once again.

"What's the matter, Gaara? Is that all you've got?" Sasuke taunted, ready to attack again, his lips pulled into a confident smirk.

"I'm going to tear off all your armor."

He took off running, kicking up dust behind him as he did, Gaara staring with wide eyes as a ring of dust formed around him, but the person responsible was practically invisible.

"Amazing...in only a month..." Mashi murmured as Sasuke weaved between two unsure sand barriers, spinning and kicking Gaara in the face.

It left Gaara unbalanced, to which Sasuke grabbed his sash and kneed him in the stomach, Gaara skidding back.

Still, it left Sasuke panting, obviously using plenty of his stamina, but Gaara was panting from exertion as well.

"His training...what did you two do?" Guy asked.

"Huh?"

"To get to such a level in a mere month..."

"Sasuke has copied Lee's taijutsu with his Sharingan, so during the taijutsu training I did with Sasuke, I simply had him imagine Lee's movement and copy it. Sasuke mastered that taijutsu only because he knew Lee. Of course, Sasuke had to work very hard to master it, even with his Sharingan" Kakashi explained.

"But even so, Gaara—" Mashi turned but Kakashi pointed to the battle.

"Just watch, Mashi. You don't want to miss it."

She quirked a pale brow before turning back to watch, though she, Sakura, and Ino all shared a curious look with one another, obviously confused.

Gaara raised his hands and clasped them together, the sand slowly rising to form the beginnings of a protective dome.

Sasuke sprinted towards him, trying to make it before the dome closed up, but layer by layer and inch by inch, Gaara was disappearing behind the rounded walls.

Sasuke swung his fist, suddenly twisting, avoiding several deadly spikes that shot from the top layer of the protective cocoon.

Mashi clenched her teeth, seeing a dribble of red skate down his cheek as he leaped back, the spikes of sand receding back into the wall. Another line of red joined in the act of painting his pale skin, this time coming from the beneath the right leg of his one piece. His hand also bled from where he'd punched the hardened dome, the skin of his knuckles scrubbed away.

"The sand has covered his entire body..." Lee murmured.

"Kakashi Sensei!"

Mashi turned her head, seeing Naruto dashing towards them at full speed with Shikamaru in tow, panic in his voice.

"What is it, Naruto?" Kakashi asked.

"Sensei, please, you just have to stop this match right away!" Naruto cried out. "The Guy Sasuke is fighting is completely different from the rest of us! He's about as far from normal as you can get!"

"Naruto, slow down. What are you trying to say?" Ino asked.

"He thinks his point in life is to kill people. Don't you see? If this continues, Sasuke will die! That guy has the Shukaku inside of him!"

"Shukaku?" Kakashi asked, his brows furrowing.

"Mashi said it—the One Tail demon, Shukaku the Sand Spirit" Naruto responded.

"What? When did I say that?" She asked, visibly confused.

"Are you stupid? In the hospital" Shikamaru said.

"I remember encountering Gaara, but I don't remember saying anything about a Sand Spirit. What's a Shukaku anyways? A One Tail?" Mashi murmured aloud to herself, trying to think.

Naruto stared at her, panic at an all time high.

"You gotta believe me!"

Kakashi looked back to the match and Mashi followed, seeing an eye had formed above the cocoon, focusing on Sasuke. 

"Relax, no need to panic."