Lady Tsunade

"How do you feel?"

"Good" Mashi replied as the doctor shined a light in her eyes, though she winced, pulling away.

"They're getting better, thankfully, but you still need time" She commented, making her huff. "I said time. If you lose those eyes, you lose your Dojutsu. You don't want that now, do you?" 

"No, ma'am..."

"You can't strain yourself like that. You were nearly out of chakra and your eyes were bleeding heavily. That's not normal, Mashi. You could have ended up dead" the woman warned.

"No, he wanted me to live. Believe me, ma'am, he could have killed me if he wanted. He was toying with me" she muttered.

"You're free to go, but remember. No strenuous activities, especially if it requires your chakra or Hebigan. Another stunt like your previous one and you're dead" the woman bluntly stated, making sure the girl knew her life would be in danger.

"Yes, ma'am" Mashi nodded, pulling her green robes back on and tying the golden bow in the back.

She didn't leave the hospital, choosing to walk to a sterile smelling room basking in the color of white, inching along and feeling the numbers of the plaque.

"Sakura."

"Oh...hey, Mashi..." The pink haired girl sighed.

She looked back to the black haired boy lying on the bed, looking peaceful, though occasionally, his face would twist into one of pain.

"Any change?" Mashi asked, sitting down in the empty seat beside her.

Sakura shook her head.

"No..."

Mashi sat down and blew out a sigh.

"You're boring us, Sasuke. Hurry up and get better" Mashi quietly joked.

He had met his brother in combat, but it was obvious who had won the fight. It certainly wasn't the one lying in the hospital bed.

"How'd your check up go?" Sakura chose to ask.

"I'm fine. Everything checked out, but my eyes are still strained. I'll be out of commission for a while longer" Mashi said, choosing to leave out the "use too much chakra and you'll die next time" part.

"That's good" the girl smiled a little, but her heart wasn't in it as she heard the news of Mashi still needing to sit out coupled with Sasuke lying in a bed in a coma of sorts.

Mashi couldn't help but feel sorry for Sakura.

She really did like Sasuke. Unfortunately, Mashi could tell that Sasuke wasn't interested in her that way, but he did care. Maybe he could change one day and he and Sakura could find their happy ending.

Maybe Mashi could find hers too.

A woman with blonde hair tied in two low twintails stepped in.

"Um...who are you?" Sakura asked, standing up.

Mashi looked over curiously, though she couldn't see. The woman's voice did sound youthful, however.

"Sakura! Mashi! Believe it or not, she's going to make everything okay again!" Naruto ran in, yelling happily. "Don't worry! Sasuke's going to be okay now!" 

"We were worried about you too, you know. You left for a long time and come back without telling us all that happened" Mashi lightly reprimanded with a fond smile.

Naruto grinned sheepishly, rubbing the back of his head.

The woman walked to the bed and looked at the boy before she glanced at the flowers Sakura continuously brought each day she came.

"You must be the one Guy Sensei told me about. Oh please, if you can save Sasuke" Sakura murmured, bowing to the woman.

Mashi silently bowed behind her.

"Well, I'll see what I can do" the woman smiled.

She became serious and placed her hand on Sasuke's forehead. His face lightly scrunched up, a green light emitting from her palm.

Mashi furrowed her brows. Was it working? Was he in pain? Could he feel anything?

Finally, much to everyone's relief, Sasuke's brows twitched and his eyes opened, Dokuga quietly supplying the information to Mashi, who awaited eagerly. 

"Sasuke!" Naruto exclaimed.

"Sasuke..." Sakura breathed.

Mashi smiled as he sat up, looking disoriented.

Sakura hugged him around the neck tightly, crying out his name once before breaking down.

"Hey, you're back!" Naruto grinned, but he paused upon seeing how hard Sakura was crying, her cries composed of joy and relief at Sasuke waking up.

He turned and walked out and Mashi listened to him go, turning her head.

Tsunade glanced between the group of children, Naruto walking out after seeing Sakura's relieved sobs, Mashi watching him go though she couldn't see it, Sasuke blankly staring at her past Sakura's shoulder, and Sakura, who held Sasuke tightly.

"Interesting..."

Mashi smiled a little despite Sasuke's disorientated gaze.

"Welcome back, Sasuke." 

Her voice reached his ears past Sakura's cries. It was soft and gentle, something he'd rather hear. It was far better than the darkness he had experienced in his days of unconsciousness.

Sakura pulled away and the two girls sat down.

"Go back to sleep, Sasuke. We'll stay and watch over you" Mashi said.

He blinked several times, slowly processing her words and the ache of his bones before laying down and turning away. It wasn't long before she could hear his breathing even out further, a tell tale sign he had fallen back asleep. 

Sakura glanced at Mashi. She always seemed to know what to do. How to read people and understand them. 

Why couldn't she do that so easily?

Mashi leaned her head on her fist.

"I'm sorry, Sakura, but I'm really sleepy" Mashi yawned.

Was it wrong to tell a lie, even just a small one? Maybe it was, but Mashi didn't want to answer questions. She didn't want Sakura asking or hearing how grateful she was that he was finally awake. 

"It's alright, Mashi" Sakura nodded, choosing to watch Sasuke as he slept.

Mashi listened to the silent pink haired girl, whose green gaze was trained on Sasuke.

Mashi let her head lull, the fingers of her free hand toying with her robes.

Sakura really liked Sasuke. From the looks of it, no—from her actions, she had proved she loved him. Sasuke could see it, but he chose to ignore it. He was so sour inside and out and managed to capture the eyes of someone who wore her heart on her sleeve. 

Why did people who claimed loneliness was horrid...refuse to accept the fact they wouldn't be alone anymore if they reached out? 

Mashi closed her eyes, her brows furrowed.

Sasuke had love waiting for him, but Mashi didn't. Not platonic, family, or even a romantic love. He chose to ignore it and Mashi...

She wanted that. Love sounded...nice.