twenty-five

AN: I apologize for taking a bit to get this next chapter to you. I'm trying to get into the groove of writing multiple WIPs at the same time again cause apparently my mind was like no you gotta write all of these right now. So here we are with larger updates in between chapters. I hope you enjoy this next chapter and thanks for all the love this story has received!

✧☆✧

Celebration could be heard all around the Resistance base while people were also mourning those who they had lost in the battle. Kat had only got her boots on the ground when Kare appeared in front of her. "I'm going to go find Poe and tell him the same thing but thank you for all you've done. Thank you for believing in us and allowing us to lead. I will help in any way that I am needed in the future."

Kat just pulled the other woman in for a hug. "They are all looking down and celebrating with us."

Kare made a sound that was a mix between a sob and laughter as she nodded against Kat's shoulder. "I'm going to miss him."

"I know," Kat said, pulling back. "He was a great pilot and even better man and husband. We're here if you need anything."

The other woman hugged Kat once more, squeezing her tight to express her thanks. "Thank you, Kat, for everything."

Kat smiled softly. "You're welcome. Now go find Jess. I'm sure she's looking for you."

Once Kare ran off, Kat started making her way around base, looking for her friends while celebrating with those who stopped her. She saw Chewie first but then there was Rose so she hurried over to where the Millenium Falcon had landed. Lando snagged her before she got to the others, pulling her into a hug. "That was some great flying out there. Knew you could do it."

"You took your time though, didn't you?"

He laughed. "You saw all those people, right? It took a little longer to get them all there."

Kat smiled up at him. "I'm just glad you showed."

"I'll never leave you stranded." He leaned in closer, arching his eyebrow. "Now about this brother of yours?"

She rolled her eyes. "Can we talk about it later?" They may have finally won the war but there was still one raging inside of her.

He patted her shoulder, giving her a knowing look as he moved on.

Kat let out a sigh and turned to look for the others that were on the Falcon. She saw Rose and Finn embracing but soon the mechanic was pulling back to scold him. Rose poked at his chest before pulling him in for another hug, relief radiating off of the couple.

Jannah pulled her attention away from the couple and they shared a brief moment, Kat thanking her for her help before brown fur engulfed Kat's vision.

Chewbacca growled and Kat laughed as she was picked up. "It's good to see you too."

He soon sat her down and introduced her to Wedge, who promised that they would talk later. He understood she was quite the important woman and she wouldn't want to speak to an old man when there were friends around to speak to. The infamous pilot pointed to where Finn and Rose were waiting to speak with her to prove his point. Kat turned and smiled before running over to hug Rose, sidelining Finn all together.

"Alright, I see how it is." He teased her.

"Oh, shut up and get over here." Kat laughed, holding out her arm so they could have a group hug. "I'm so glad you two are safe."

"Yeah, I don't know how you handled Poe improvising all these years." Rose joked, giving a pointed look towards Finn.

Kat laughed, shaking her head. "He's here. That's all that matters."