three

"We what?!" Kat and Poe questioned at the same time after listening to Leia's instructions about the mission she was sending them both on. There was a rumor that one of their contacts had turned and started giving the First Order information because it seemed like they were one step ahead in their search for Lor San Tekka.

They were hoping that the man who became an expert in the Jedi Order would be able to help them find Luke. Leia wanted to make sure of this rumor but also get to the info first so they could get a head start. "Need to go undercover as a couple, try to figure out if our contact has in fact turned but also get the location of Lor San Tekka."

Kat let out a sigh and moved to sit on the edge of her seat but Leia beat her to the punch. "You two are my best agents and the contact doesn't know your faces so they shouldn't get spooked if they see you a few days before the set meeting."

The younger woman turned to face her commander. He still had a slightly dumbfounded look on his face, outwardly expressing how she still felt. She knew when she lost the battle though. There would be no changing Leia's mind. "Well, you heard the general, commander. Be at our assigned ship in fifteen." Kat tried to take control of the situation.

Poe turned to Kat as she stood, closing his mouth and nodded. He stood to follow Kat out but Leia stopped him before he could. "I need you to do one more thing for me, commander."

"What is it?"

Leia let out a small sigh. She felt conflicted about what she was going to say next but as a mother, it needed to be done. "Coruscant is Colonel Metonae's home world. I need you to promise me that you'll look after her because it may prove difficult for her to be there, especially when you first land. I'll leave it up to her to fill in the details."

This wasn't an order from his general. This was a request from a worried mother. Poe gave her a reassuring smile and a nod. "Of course, general."

He slowly left Leia's office, trying to wrap his head around his latest mission. He would be working closely with the one woman who hadn't fallen for his charms. Not to mention, it would only be just them. They would not have any backup. All they had was each other if something went wrong and only recently did they actually have some trust in the other. Plus he had no idea of how Kat was going to react to being back on a planet she hadn't been on since Leia took her in. Needless to say, this week was about to be interesting.

✧☆✧

She sat in the co-pilot seat, going over their undercover file. Not only did she have to pretend that she was married to Poe, but she would also be returning to Coruscant. She hadn't been to her home world since Leia took her in. She had of course grown up a lot since then, her looks had matured since she was ten, not to mention her natural blonde locks were kept brown so there was no way those who killed her parents nearly twenty years ago would be able to identify her. She just hated that her home world had returned to being kept under First Order rule.

"Wow, and here I thought I was going to have to fight you for the pilot seat," Poe said as he made his way into the cockpit.

Kat turned to look at him, a ghost of a smile on her lips. "Figured, I'd save us a fight. Besides, I'd rather go over details instead of flying."

Poe plopped down in the pilot chair, chuckling. "So, we're really doing this?"

"I mean what other choice do we have?"

He gave a small shrug and nodded before taking off. They worked in silence as they flew the ship out of the hangar. Once everything was stable, Kat leaned back in her seat and started to go through the file on her datapad. She mindlessly played with the ring around her neck as she read. It had been given to her so that Poe wouldn't have to keep his mother's ring hidden. Leia had figured that would be the easiest way if anyone asked.