twenty

AN: We are officially in The Rise of Skywalker territory! I hope you all enjoy. Thank you all so much for all the love this story has gotten. I truly appreciate it and as always happy reading!

✧☆✧

Mustafar. That's where Kylo Ren and his knights had just left. After Naboo, it seemed like someone in the First Order had been pushed too far. They had started giving the Resistance information on what planet Kylo Ren had gone and whether or not they were anywhere close to finding Palpatine. After Mustafar though, everything changed.

Poe, Finn, Chewbacca, R2-D2, and a mechanic by the name of Klaud had been sent out to meet Boolio with the latest message from the First Order spy. They had taken the Falcon as a consolation to Kat nor Rey joining them. Poe hadn't exactly been too thrilled when either woman had told him that they wouldn't be coming on this mission either. Ever since their talk, they had kept themselves grounded. He understood to a point why Kat stayed behind. That was her way of operation since the beginning, only going in when needed. But in his mind, she was needed, especially since they still didn't have the numbers they used to. Rey, on the other hand, did she really need that much training, so much so that she had dragged Kat into helping with fighting technique? Finn had been training and he still came out on missions. So maybe he was being a little petty.

Back on Ajan Kloss, Kat stood with her hands on her hips as she watched the tracker on the Falcon. She wasn't entirely thrilled nor surprised when she saw TIEs show up but what she was frustrated at was whatever Poe seemed to be doing with her family's ship. "What is he doing? Are the comms even working on that hunk of junk?" She asked the insult said more fondly than hateful.

"There are currently no comms."

Kat rolled her eyes. "Someone tell Tico to check on that to see what we need to get those back up and running." She ordered, exasperated.

Someone agreed and took off to find Rose.

"They're coming in hot," Connix said as she realized that the Falcon was about to land practically coming right out of lightspeed.

And sure enough, there was the Falcon, coming in for a landing, on fire.

Kat started yelling orders about sending a crew to put out the fire and to start assessing the damage. Crew members hurried off, not wanting to anger her further. She wasn't far behind them, marching her way to the end of the exit ramp. She placed her hands on her hips, ready to rip into whoever stepped off first. R2-D2 zipped by her claiming they didn't do anything and needed to get the message to Leia. She let the old astromech droid go because the next person off was Chewbacca. "What on earth did you let him do to our ship?"

The Wookiee growled and Kat rolled her eyes. "Of course he ignored your input."

Chewbacca then gave a report of what exactly Poe had done and Kat saw red. "You lightspeed skipped the Falcon?!" She yelled just as Poe stepped off the freighter. "The compressor's down. You could have blown the whole ship up."

"But I'm here and I didn't." He tried really hard to use that charming smile of his to get him out of this argument. If she was pissed now, he'd hate to see her when he told her the news they had just discovered.

She motioned towards the ship which was very much still on fire. "It's on fire Poe. You caught my family's ship on fire."

"And with your great leadership skills," he gave her a quick kiss in greeting, "it's already being put out."

"It shouldn't even be on fire! You can't lightspeed skip the falcon." The kiss had put a smile on her face but it wasn't enough to distract her from being upset about the current state of her family's ship.