twenty-nine

Kat slowly began to stir. She stretched out, trying her best not to wake Poe up. Yesterday had been an emotional roller coaster and they still didn't talk about what started it all, not really. But they had finally confessed their feelings and fell into bed a tangled, happy mess. She really didn't know why she found it far easier to express her love for him, or even hear him say he loved her in return. Even with that type of reassurance, moving in with him, actually creating a life with him, made her nervous even though that's exactly what she wanted. She wanted a life with Poe. She didn't want anyone else by her side as they faced this new challenge. She was just so scared that something was going to happen and she would be on her own, again, like it always seemed to happen when things were going well.

His arm laid over her waist and just before she could move out from under the covers to get ready for the day, he pulled her to him. Chuckling at the squeak she made, Poe buried his nose into her neck. He had felt her start to move around and he certainly wasn't ready to let her go yet. Poe had subtly checked the time and seeing that they still had a couple of hours before they had to be anywhere, he would hold onto her for as long as she would let him. They still had to pack after all.

"We've got plenty of time, don't get up yet." He murmured into her skin, lips brushing against her. His voice was still a little groggy from just waking up.

"I need to meet with Connix to see who's going with who." She tried to argue but even to her own ears, it sounded half-assed.

He shook his head, his curls tickling her neck. "Nope. Not yet you don't." He was going to win this one, he just knew it.

Kat sighed and finally relaxed against him, causing Poe to grin victoriously. "Oh, alright, a few more minutes."

In response, Poe placed a few kisses on her shoulder before returning to being practically wrapped around her.

A comfortable silence fell back over them as they just held each other. Every once in a while Poe would place kisses wherever he could reach while Kat ran her nails lightly along his arms, tracing patterns and shapes. Now that she was settled again, she really didn't feel like moving and Poe didn't either. They knew that once they left this room they wouldn't see each other until their missions were finished. Surely they would cross paths sometimes though, or at least they hoped.

"I want you to take BeeBee with you," Poe said as his mind began to wander to what was awaiting them outside their door.

"I was already planning on taking Threepio and Artoo." She turned so she could face him. "I can't take your droid."

"I'll take Artoo. You take BeeBee." He said, reaching up to tuck some hair behind her ear.

"Poe, I'll be fine. I'm not the one that's going into potential new battles."

"Why do you have to be so kriffing stubborn?" He asked, leaning his forehead against hers. "Please just take them. If I can't be there with you..."

"Okay, okay, okay," Kat said, interrupting him, before giving him a kiss. "I'll take BeeBee."

Smiling, he pulled her in for a kiss, moving so he now hovered over her. Her fingers delved into his hair, pulling him closer to her. "Thank you." He whispered in between kisses.

"But you're taking the Falcon too in exchange." She said, giving him a pointed look.

Poe's smile grew as he chuckled a bit. "You don't have to tell me twice." He teased her.

She rolled her eyes. "And try not to catch it on fire this time?"

"I didn't when we were looking for the wavefinder."