six

The day of the drop had finally arrived. They had gone back to Ruby's and her information had confirmed their fears. They just didn't know what kind of information their contact gave to the First Order. They had their suspicions though when their meeting place was changed from somewhere in CoCo Town to Monument Plaza.

Kat grew nervous that the First Order now knew that she and Poe were coming to the drop. If the First Order knew then surely Kylo Ren did too. She worried that the ex-Jedi would make an appearance or at the very least try to kidnap her. She didn't tell Poe of these fears, wanting them to be focused on the task at hand and not worrying about not leaving someone behind.

Poe landed their ship just a couple of blocks away from the plaza. It was public parking and there were various entry points so they could make it from anywhere they might be running from. The urge to walk to the meeting point, hand in hand was strong but they no longer had to keep up with their cover. They were Poe and Kat again. Kat wasn't even wearing the ring anymore.

It started off well. The drive was given, claiming to have the location of Lor San Tekka. The drive itself looked just fine. It would have even passed off as a typical drive if they weren't looking for anything that would tip them off. The casing wasn't quite put together, which caused Kat to pry it open. Just on the inside was a small tracker. Kat pulled it out as the contact was apologizing over and over.

"Kat, we've got incoming," Poe said as she stomped on the tracker and now hurried to put the drive back together thanks to his warning.

She turned to look over her shoulder and saw that it was the two men who had killed her parents. She then turned back to face their contact and saw two stormtroopers coming in from the other side. "Seems like they sent a team." She then turned to the contact. "I hope this was worth it."

With that, she and Poe took off running. Shouts from all parties were heard as they maneuvered through the crowds. She was just glad that the First Order seemed to have some good sense and not shoot into the crowds. That was of course moot when they decided to pull away from it and go through a side street to get to their ship.

"Get that Metonae girl!" The dark-eyed man bellowed which pushed Kat faster.

Poe pulled her into a small space between two buildings as the blaster fire started. They both inched far enough away from the entrance that they wouldn't be seen, blasters aimed at both entrances of the alleyway.

The alley was just big enough they could go down it single file but standing chest to chest like they were, they could feel when the other took a breath. They stayed at the ready even after the men and troopers chasing them had passed. Waiting a few more minutes to make sure all was well before they detangled themselves and hurried to the other end of the alley.

"Clear." They both said as they looked down the street in different directions.

Kat stepped out of the alley and holstered her blaster once again. "Probably should still run to the ship, huh?"

Poe nodded. "Yeah, probably." He took a deep breath and her hand before he started jogging, picking up his pace to a run when he knew that she was keeping up with him.

They raced up the ramp and into the cockpit, barely even sitting in their seats before starting with the pre-flight protocols. Once they broke atmosphere, they waited a few minutes before jumping to lightspeed to make sure that they weren't being followed.

Kat grinned when she gave the go-ahead. As the stars turned blue, she stood, patting Poe's shoulder. She wasn't entirely sure how things were going to change between the two once they got back to base. They had gotten closer, that was for sure, but she couldn't give the rest of the way in yet. They practically hated each other's guts for the first couple of years after all. Surely it couldn't be as simple as offering a cup of caf and a hand with simple repairs to make that shift into not constantly butting heads.