eleven

AN: I know I've been posting a lot of updates already with some older chapters but I HIGHLY suggest you go back and read since I've edited them and have added some things to really flesh everything out even more. I've got so many chapters waiting to be posted so I'm hoping to update with a little more frequency. With this chapter we get into The Last Jedi! I hope you enjoy and I can't wait to hear what you think!

✧☆✧

Kat and Leia stood behind the command center on the bridge of the Raddus. Both women along with their fellow commanding officers were helping to lead multiple assignments at once in the hopes of an easy evacuation. Leia had sent Rey and Chewbacca out before they left to go to Ahch-To while Kat and Poe worked on the evacuation and potential defense against the First Order.

The Raddus remained in orbit of D'Qar, waiting for the last remaining people on base to evacuate. The recently promoted Connix led the efforts and they were just waiting for her to clear the planet before they all took off into hyperspace to their next location.

Of course, they also had their remaining naval fleet at the ready with bombers and fighters just in case the First Order showed up. They hoped to take down the dreadnought and then get the hell out of there. Kat and Poe came up with a rather crazy idea but if everything went just so then it'd be one hell of a victory.

They were so close to being able to not have to worry about the First Order until the telltale sign of ships coming out of light speed was heard. For the briefest of moments, Kat's heart sank. It looked like they would have to fight again after all.

All necessary communication channels were open as she watched Poe fly out to meet with the Finalizer and dreadnought by himself. She hoped this worked because this all hindered on what she knew of General Hux from Ben and well, Ben didn't particularly care for the red-headed general.

BB-8 wasn't too thrilled about this plan and the droid let it be known. Poe sighed. "Happy beeps here, buddy, come on. We've pulled crazier stunts than this."

"Just for the record, Commander Dameron, I'm with the droid on this one," Leia said, giving a pointed look towards Kat.

"Thank you for the support, general." Poe quipped.

Kat rolled her eyes. "It's going to work." It had to work.

And it did for what felt like the briefest of moments. TIE fighters were soon flying out of the dreadnought while the Resistance fleet prepared their descent on the large ship. Time froze as they watched the cannon blast from the dreadnought fire onto the base. Connix's voice coming over the intercom informing that they indeed had cleared the base sent relief rushing through everyone on the bridge.

Leia turned to her daughter and shuffled them a bit away from the microphone. "I'm going to call them back. We need to get out of here."

"What? We're so close. If we destroy that thing, we have a better chance at survival. One blast from them and we're all wiped out. I mean look at what it just did to our base." Kat argued.

The general shook her head. "We've lost too many already today. We have a chance to get away. We can fight another day."

Kat let out a sigh. Leia was right. Only six of the twelve pilots had returned from the Starkiller base and she had never been in the business of putting lives unnecessarily in danger. She then nodded her agreement and Leia commanded that Poe return.

"No, general, we can do this." Poe implored even if he was currently waiting on his weapons system to come back online. "Colonel, are you really wanting this?" Kat had been so on board when they planned it. Surely she didn't agree with this.