two

The following week, Leia came up to Kat while she was pouring herself some tea. "You know when I said you should try to open up more, I didn't mean with those you already consider your friends."

Kat groaned. "But I'm pretty sure Rose and I are best friends now instead of just friends. That's gotta count for something."

"And how many arguments have you gotten in with Poe so far this week?" She asked, giving Kat a knowing look.

"None, thank you very much." A proud grin lit up her features.

Leia laughed, shaking her head. "That's because you've been avoiding him. How long has he been working on his X-Wing?"

Kat followed Leia's line of sight to see Poe sitting atop the left wing. His curls hung in front of his face as he concentrated on the task at hand. He had foregone Rose's help to fix it himself, a simple wiring problem that didn't seem so simple at all since he just jerked his hand away from the wires as if he had just been shocked. She didn't even want to make note of how good he looked with the top of his flight suit tied around his hips and the white shirt underneath straining against his muscles as he worked. "A few hours. Rose said he declined her help. Apparently, it's a simple job he can take care of himself."

"Then it looks like you should offer some caf and your assistance, colonel." She pushed a cup towards Kat with a small smile.

"If he declined Rose's help then why would he accept mine?"

"Because you brought him a peace offering and worked on the Falcon, which means you know how to get into those hard to reach places without getting shocked."

Kat let out a heavy sigh. "Fine, you win." She picked up both cups and headed over to Poe, ignoring the smile Leia sent her way.

"Not right now, Twenty-three," Poe said to the droid's beeps, far too focused on not getting shocked for the third time.

CB-23 trilled again as Kat approached the ship. "There's no way she's coming over. She's been avoiding me all week." He said, not looking up like the droid wanted him to do.

"You sound a little disappointed in that. I would think you would be thrilled. Caf?" She held up the cup.

Poe's head shot up as his hand slipped, touching the live wire which shot electricity through his arm. He jerked his hand back, giving it a bit of a shake as if that would wave away the pain.

Kat bit her lip to hold back her laughter. "Or maybe some ice instead?"

"Oh, ha ha." He reached out to take the cup of caf she offered. "What do you need, colonel?"

She motioned to the open panel with the hand that held her cup of tea. "Since you didn't take the professional's help, I figured I would come over and offer mine."

"Okay, who are you and what have you done with Katerina?" He raised an eyebrow as he looked down at her.

Kat rolled her eyes at hearing her full name, shifting her weight to one side. "I grew up with the Falcon and there were some tight spots that needed to be fixed so Han taught me how since my hands were small enough to fit."

"There she is." He smirked.

"Are you going to let me come up or not?"

"Fine, you can come up." Poe agreed, he and CB-23 moving so that Kat would have easy access.

She handed her cup of tea to Poe before she climbed up onto the wing. Poe handed Kat her cup back after she settled. "So what's the problem?" She asked, sipping her tea.

"The main wire came loose for one of the landing lights. I can fix it if people would stop interrupting."

CB-23 beeped, causing Kat to laugh and Poe to look at the droid as if he was hurt by what it said. "I thought you were on my side." He accused.