thirty

Dantooine held an old Rebel base that the Empire and then ultimately the First Order had retrofitted for their needs. During the war there had been a blockade that the Jade Squadron along with a few other ace pilots, including Kaz helped take care of. Now it was their mission to claim Dantooine back from the dark forces it had been under for far too long.

As they hovered in orbit, R2-D2 projected a holo image of the base blueprints to show the workings of the base they were about to infiltrate. Poe made the mental note to tell Kat thank you for doing the droid swap. Sure it was originally because he wanted to make sure she stayed safe but with all of Artoo's knowledge, he just remembered how lucky he got with having the blue and white astromech tag along.

"Our contact has informed us that they're holding everyone in the main room. This one should be an easy one but don't expect all of our visits to be that way." Finn said, pointing out the space of their destination.

"Once we've made sure that all is well, we'll escort those who still wish to remain loyal to the imperial ways to a transport that will take them back to base where Commander D'Acy and her team will place them in holding cells until we get back. Just because most of the work has already been done for us, doesn't mean that you should let your guard down. Stay focused and we'll get home sooner than you think," Poe said.

A chorus of affirmatives rang out and soon Rey and Chewbacca brought the Falcon in for a landing. Finn had commed down to their contact prior to so by the time they exited the freighter, he was waiting for them. Poe and Finn led the group out of the Falcon, still remaining some distance from the person waiting for them just in case.

"Alek?" Finn asked.

The man still wearing his trooper armor nodded. "Yes. You are with the Resistance?"

"We are. My name's Finn and this is Poe. What is it that still needs to be done?"

"We've secured the base. All that's left is to destroy the base once we get everyone out."

"Was there any sort of intel stored here?" Poe asked.

"None worth keeping thanks to your efforts in destroying Starkiller Base," Alek answered.

Poe nodded. "Pava, make sure all files are destroyed." He then ordered.

"Yes, sir. You don't think Metonae would want them?"

Poe shook his head. "We're only interested in files dealing with personnel. We know all locations and have a primary source about operations."

"You got it, General." Jessika gave a small salute and soon Alek was leading the group down into the base.

✧☆✧

"If I knew you were coming here first I would've hitched a ride with you." Wedge quipped as Kat exited the ship.

"Yeah, you should've stuck around. We just needed some time to work some things out."

"Leia did train you. Should've known you would be quick." He chuckled before motioning for the others to follow. "Come along. Norra should be back soon. It'll be a tight fit but we'll make it work."

"W-wait for me!" A small, scared robotic voice sounded.

Kat whirled around to see D-O speeding down the ramp and heading straight for BB-8 who wasn't too far behind her. She let out a sigh and placed her hands on her hips as she looked down at the orange and white droid. "BeeBee, what is this?"

"It appears, Katerina, that D-O tagged along," C-3PO stated from beside her.

Rolling her eyes, she crouched down so she wouldn't tower over the skittish droid. "Yes, I can see that Threepio." She looked up at the gold droid with a small glare before returning her focus onto the cone-faced one. "Now, D-O, I thought you were going to stay on base and help D'Acy out."