ten

AN: Hello! I know it's been a long time but these last four months especially have been really hard for me with real life things. I've still been finding space to write so I have a TON of new chapters headed your way. I am currently writing chapters for The Rise of Skywalker and where I plan to take it after that this will probably wind up being my longest single fic yet. ANYWAYS thank you all for your patience and I can't wait to see what you think about this latest chapter. Much love!

✧☆✧

"You're not going to believe it," Snap said as he approached Kat. He just returned from his recon mission and what he saw was certainly a sight to behold. "They weaponized the planet. It's practically a planet-sized Death Star." He further explained as he handed over the drive with all the information he gathered.

They both shared a look of grave understanding as she took the drive from him. In an act to try and lift their spirits, she flashed him a smile. "Well, then it looks like we're just going to have to figure out how to blow it up."

He chuckled and nodded. "Looks that way."

She patted his arm before backing away to head to central command. "Good work, captain. Now let's go inform everyone else."

✧☆✧

Everyone gathered around the map table as Snap went through all that he learned, pointing out the various things on the holographic image of the planet. Everything Finn had told them had been confirmed and now they had to figure out what to do. No one had ever seen a weapon of this size.

"So how exactly do they power this thing?" Kat asked, looking to Finn.

"They use the power of the sun. As the weapon is charged, the sun is drained until it disappears." He explained.

An officer soon came running in and gave Leia a data card before running back to their post. Leia looked it over, her heart sinking. The First Order figured out where they were located. She could only assume it was when Kylo Ren took information from Poe's memories. "They're charging up the weapon again. Our system is the next target."

"Oh my. Without the Republic Fleet, we're doomed." C3PO said making everyone more fearful than the news already made them.

Kat rolled her eyes. The droid always said the worst possible things when danger was imminent. "There's gotta be a way to blow it up. We send all of our fighter pilots and then those here will prepare for evacuation except for the necessities for a mission. There's not a reason to give up hope yet." She flashed a glare towards the gold droid.

Han and Leia shared a proud look before turning back to the crowd. Everyone remained silent. Fears played into insecurities and Leia could see the trepidation in their eyes as they looked between the small family. She tampered down on her motherly anger in regards to how they still looked at Kat as a wild child instead of the intelligent woman that she was. "She's right." She spoke up, agreeing with Kat's plan. They just needed to add the details and it would become more cohesive.

Admiral Statura let out a small sigh as he looked over the holograph once more. There was no other way and if they didn't stop the First Order now, they would continue to use the weapon. "In order for that amount of power to be contained, that base would need some kind of thermal oscillator."

Finn nodded and then set to zoom in on what he was looking for. "There is one. Precinct 47. Here." He pointed to the hexagonal structure in the middle of the image.

"If we can destroy that oscillator it might destabilize the core and cripple the weapon," Statura said.

"Maybe even the planet," Kat said, grateful that they were all finally starting to come up with a strategy.