thirty-three

AN: Thank you so much for your patience and for all this love for this story! It really was something I never expected to become the longest fic I have ever written. It's truly becoming a saga of its own. I hope you enjoy this next chapter and happy reading!

✧☆✧

The stories these walls could tell if only they could talk. There were blaster marks and pieces missing from past scuffles that happened inside the cantina. Kat hoped that they wouldn't become another story. She knew she would have to make her spiel more into a business proposition. Oga was known to not be above a good business deal. So, the moment they walked through the doors, Kat started taking note of how many people were still around.

Vi grabbed them a table in the back corner near the bar. They all filed in, BB-8 moving to sit next to Poe's feet under the table, while Kat sat in the middle of Poe and Vi. They waved down a waitress and placed an order of drinks before they settled into their booth.

"So how exactly are we to meet Oga?" Kat asked.

Vi looked over and nodded when she saw the Blutopian serving up drinks. "I'll have to go speak with the bartender. How are you on your Huttese? Although you both were pretty good with your Ithorese."

"We had a pilot that was Ithorian," Poe explained. "I'm fairly decent though so if you need help with translating." He looked towards Kat, raising an eyebrow in her direction.

"I should be okay but thank you." She smiled. "Just don't ask me to speak it. That I'm a little rusty on."

"Then let me go see if I can't get her to invite us back," Vi said as she headed over to the bar.

Just as Vi left, the waitress returned with their drinks and Kat happily took a sip from her blue concoction.

"Good?" Poe asked, chuckling.

Kat nodded. "Wanna try?"

"Sure."

They switched drinks, taking a sip but it was all Poe could do not to spit the drink all over the table in laughter at watching Kat's face screw up in disgust. "I thought you could hold your liquor. Are you losing your touch?" He teased her.

"What the hell did you order?" She asked, pushing the glass back towards him.

"It's just a whiskey."

"Then they either gave you a cheap one or you just have bad taste in whiskey."

He rolled his eyes. "We can't all grow up on Corellian."

"Maybe so but that's exactly what you should have ordered." She laughed before taking a drink of her cocktail in the hopes to get the bad taste out of her mouth.

Poe chuckled, shaking his head as he picked his glass back up. He took a cautious sip, wondering what the fuss was really all about. Sure it was a bit more poignant than the smoothness that came with Corellian but it wasn't as horrible as Kat's dramatics made it out to be.

"It is not that..." He started before he noticed that Kat's attention wasn't even on him anymore. Her eyes were straightforward even if her head was slightly cocked to the side as if silently threatening whoever had stolen her focus. Turning to look for what caught her eye, he froze, hand moving down to rest near his blaster just in case.

Having a Trandoshan, one of the more volatile species in the galaxy, headed their way was not good. He glanced towards Kat's hips and all he could see were her trusty batons. Oh, how he hoped she had some firepower on her because he couldn't remember all she took when they left. Once the lizard-like alien got to the table, Poe slowly pulled his blaster out and held it towards the Trandoshan under the table.