Chapter 24 - Backfire

Sidarth reached his car and the driver began driving back to their home. They were at their way to home when he received a call from NGO.

He picked it up, it was regarding an urgent case and he was supposed to be reaching there. He has assigned all the NGO work to the staff and they handle it well, they contact him only in case of emergency.

"Uncle NGO ki traf ghuma lo", he instructed to the driver.

He reached the place in the next few minutes and was met by Ms. Savita, a women in her mid thirty's who was the head of the branch as she is the one who looks into all the matters and runs the NGO. They exchanged an formal greeting and then asked about the case as the staff around them really seemed tensed.

"What is the case about", he asked.

"Domestic Voilence", Ms. Savita replied.

"O.. Okhay you need help", he asked.

"Yes sir actually the case is an very high profile one's she is Mr. Arnav Singhaniya's wife and I think it says the rest", she sighed cutting it short.

"Yeah so you need help with legalities", he asked.

"Yes sir", she replied.

"Okhay where is the victim", he asked.

"Sir she is inside getting her dressing done", she sighed.

"Oh! Is she fine", he asked.

"Not so and sir she wants to discuss it with you", she informed.

"Why I mean you guys are there and I mean she is a women so she must be comfortable around you more", he said being his logical self.

"Sir she needs assurance to get this out", she said.

"And how could I give her that", he frowned.

"You know about Mr. Arnav Singhaniya sir he is not an small name he has assaulted his wife, this is not an small thing aur agar ye saab bahar aega toh he will be tarnished and to stop that thing he will be ready to do anything so she needs  assurance that she will be safe and you are the one who can fight against him you have an upper hand she came here even because she was known to the thing that you are the one who is behind this NGO", she explained.

"O.. Okhai I W.. Will talk to her", he stutters.

Ms. Savita left the room and he sat down at the chair placed outside the medical room. He sat there with his eyes closed, he is really very exhausted both mentally and physically. The biggest problem is he even don't know how to make this exhaustion go away.

It was an few minutes later, when he heard the door of the medical room getting opened. He opened his eyes to look at the dishavelled figure in front of him. A women in her mid twenties came out of the room with an black mark under her eye, a newly done dressing at her hand, a swelled cheek along with an burnt mark at her hand.

He felt his insides churn with guilt and pain as soon as he saw her he really felt the sudden need to throw up. He closed his eyes and took a deep breath before opening them again. He needs to help her instead of feeling this way.

"Hello Sir you are Mr. Shukla right", she greeted with an warm smile among her swelled cheek.

"Hnji and you Mrs. Singhaniya ryt", he replied trying to make a conversation with her.

"Unfortunately yes well apko pta toh lag hi gya hoga and you can see too", she said.

"Yeah", he nodded.

"Can I ask for favors", she asked after a prevailed silence.

"I would love to help you", he replied urgently.