3

•Night Training•Word count 1139

•Night Training•
Word count 1139

Adelina practiced her magic at night. When no one was around to get hurt or judge her. It was the reason she only got four hours of sleep and always had bags underneath her eyes. She still practiced at school but she still had no control and she didn't understand why. She huffed in frustration as she tried to make her fire appear. She was currently standing on the training mat above the pond. If she did lose control she simply dove into the pond to diminish the flames. She hadn't struggled to conjure her magic in a long time but Rivens words wouldn't get out of her head. She couldn't focus causing her to groan in frustration. "Holy shit! Of course it's you out here." A familiar male voice yelled from behind her. She quickly turned around as her eyes landed on Riven. He was smoking a cigarette as he looked her up and down. She was wearing fuzzy pajama pants and a sweatshirt. He laughed as he walked closer to her.

"What the hell could you possibly be doing out here this late?" He asked her playfully. "I could ask you the same question." She huffed as she crossed her arms across her chest. She had never been interrupted by anyone and she hated that it was Riven. If he knew she was out there practicing her magic he would definitely make fun of her. "I came out here to smoke and Skys shagging Stella in my room. Now what are you doing out here?" Riven asks her sharply. "I couldn't sleep so I went for a walk." Adelina lies as her eyes lock with Rivens.

"I know you are lying. Why are you really out here? Are you meeting up with some weird first year boy you hope to get lucky with?" Riven asks her playfully. "Ewww no... I'm practicing." Adelina tells him sharply. "Practicing masturbation?" He asks her playfully causing her to roll her eyes. He laughs as he pushes his body up onto the mat and sits down next to her. "Practicing my magic." Adelina mumbles as she looks away from him. Rivens laugh rang loudly through the air causing Adelina to sigh. "Can you leave? Your presence annoys me." She snaps at him. Riven laughs as Adelina glances over at him. His eyes meet hers for a split second because she quickly looked away from him. Riven felt a weird feeling in his stomach as he felt his leg brush against Adelinas. He wondered why he was feeling so strangely around her.

"You could use more practice. You do suck at magic." Riven tells her playfully. "Thanks Riven. You really know how to make a girl feel special." Adelina mumbles sarcastically. "I could make you feel special if you let me but I definitely wouldn't be using my mouth to talk to you." Riven tells her in a flirtatious tone. Adelina pretends to gag as she scoots away from him. "Just stop... my ears are bleeding." Adelina huffs as she glares at him. Riven scooted closer to her knowing how uncomfortable he made her. He placed the cigarette back in his mouth and inhaled the smoke. He blew the smoke in her face hoping to anger her more.

"Can you smoke somewhere else? I'm still practicing." Adelina huffed as she quickly stood up. "I can help you practice.... not magic of course but something else." Riven mumbles playfully. "Stop. Is it like horny hour or something? Stop with the inappropriate jokes." Adelina tells him sharply. "I can help you practice magic..... I'm the person who always makes you accidentally unleash it." Riven tells her in a serious tone. "I don't want your help." Adelina replies back sharply as she turns to face him. Riven had a stupid smirk stuck on his face as his eyes locked with Adelina.

The sound of people talking caused Riven and Adelina to both quickly break eye contact. "Yes I can feel what every other person is feeling!" A random first year explained to her friend. Adelina studied the two girls as they walked past her. One had bright red hair and the other had dark black hair. "Like that guy over there he is filled with lust for that girl and that girl is nervous around him!" The first year yells loudly. Riven laughs loudly as Adelina pretends to throw up. Adelina stands up as she try's to pretend Riven isn't there. She closes her eyes as she focuses on her anger and trying to use it to make fire. "It's not working love." Riven whispers in her ear scaring the shit out of her.

Adelina screamed as she felt her foot slip off the edge of the mat. She felt two strong hands grab her waist moments before she would have fallen into the pond beneath her. Her eyes met Riven as his face was inches away from her. "I think this is the part where we kiss." Riven whispers playfully as his eyes flicker down to her lips. Adelina pushes his hands off of her causing her to nearly fall. Riven quickly catches her again and gently helps her back into a standing position as he averted his eyes away from her. He awkwardly removed his hands from her waist before placing his cigarette back into his mouth. "I don't need your help." Adelina huffed as she glared at him. "Who just saved your ass from falling into the pond?" Riven asked her playfully. Adelina can feel Rivens eyes on her as he waited for her to say something. Adelina sighed as she decided to give in and ask him for help.

"I can't get my fire to work." Adelina mumbled truthfully. "Do I look like I know shit about fairy's?" Riven asks her playfully. Adelina glares at him as she sits back down on the mat. "I do know that your magic is channeled by emotions. Strong emotions. Just use your hatred against me." Riven proposes as he sits down next to her. "Anger isn't strong enough. It's not reliable." Adelina replies softly. "What about love?" Riven asks her softly. Adelina gives him a concerned look as he shrugs his shoulders. "There's got to be some unlucky guy in this entire place that makes your heart go tit tat. Channel him and then maybe you can produce fire." Riven tells Adelina softly. He pushes his body off of the mat as he pulls the cigarette out of his mouth and blows the smoke in Adelinas face. "See you at training tomorrow." Riven says playfully as he leaves Adelina speechless. Adelina couldn't think of any guy at Alfea besides Riven. She couldn't think about him to channel happy thoughts. She hated him or so she thought.

______________________________
Can they kiss already 👁👄👁