29

(Thanks for 40k reads!! I love you all sm and all your comments 🥰🥰)

•Refusing To Rest•
Word count 1193

"How's Riven doing?" Sky asked Adelina curiously as she dodged his punch. Adelina had been training with Sky all week. Sky was probably a better fighter than Riven but Adelina missed the way Riven teased her. Sky never tried to talk to her or get into her head like Riven did. "He's fine.... desperately wants to get back to training." Adelina mutters as she tries to punch Sky's chest. Sky easily grabs her arm as he laughs and pushes her backwards. "I'm tired." Adelina says breathlessly as she runs a hand through her hair. She noticed Sky's attention move from her to someone behind her. "You have got to be shitting me!" Sky yelled in disbelief. Adelina turned around causing her eyes to land on Riven. He was dressed in his training gear and he was holding a huge stick. "What's up?" Riven asks them in a smooth tone.

"What the hell are you doing here? You are supposed to be resting!" Adelina asks him sharply as he climbs onto the training mat. He gives her a smile as he walks past her. "Women... am I right?" Riven says sarcastically as he looks over at Sky. "She's right... you shouldn't be here!" Sky tells Riven sharply. "She doesn't own me." Riven replies in a unfazed tone. "I'm sorry that you have a fucking injury and have orders from the headmistress to rest.." Adelina argues with him. "Adi... I'm perfectly fine... don't you think I know my own body? Come on.... let's train." Riven tells her in a carefree tone. "I think you are an idiot who's itching to get hurt." Adelina mutters angrily as she takes a step closer to him. "Poor Adi is scared I'm going to kick her ass even when I'm injured." Riven teases her. Riven notices her tighten her jaw and he knows he has succeeded in pissing her off causing him to smile.

"Get off the mat Sky." Adelina orders Sky as she glares at Riven. "No...." Sky tells her but Adelina interrupts him. "Sky... get off the mat..... let the idiot get his ass kicked and have to get rushed to the infirmary... again." Adelina huffed angrily. Riven laughed as Sky rolled his eyes and hopped down from the mat. "Adi! Go easy on him!" Sky warned her but she didn't listen. "Don't you need a stick to fight him?" Riven asked her curiously. "I can kick your ass without one!" Adelina replied in a cocky tone. Adelina and Riven stared at each other as they waited for the other to attack. "Why are you constantly getting yourself in danger?" Adelina asked him sharply as she lunged for him. He instantly jabbed her in the stomach with his stick. "I think you're gonna need a stick to beat me." Riven tells her in a cocky tone. He pushes the stick towards her stomach. She yanks the stick from his weak arm and snaps it in half. She throws the pieces at Sky as Riven stares at her in disbelief. "Now we both don't have sticks." Adelina tells him in a playful tone.

Riven shook his head in amazement as he stared at her. "How are you so fucking hot?" He asked her in disbelief. She shook her head angrily as Riven lunged forward at her. She instantly punched his injured arm causing him to cry out in pain and collapse onto the ground. "Told you.." Adelina tells him sharply as she kneels down beside him. Riven nodded in pain as he grabbed his injured arm. Intense pain was surging through his arm as if he was being stabbed over and over again. "Why are you angry with me?" Riven asks Adelina as he remains on the mat. "Because I care about you and you constantly put yourself in dangerous situations and injure yourself.... do you even know how hard it is for me to see you in pain?" She rambles as worry is shown on her face. Riven looked up at her causing his eyes to lock with hers. His mind flashed to when she was hurt by the burned one. The way it made him feel helpless and the way he hated to see her in pain.

"I'm sorry." Riven whispers softly. Adelina furrowed her eyebrows in confusion as she laughed. "Never heard those words come out of your mouth before... especially not directed at me." Adelina mutters sarcastically. Adelina smiled as she lifted Rivens sleeve up. His wound was covered in a bandage but it didn't look like it was further damaged. "You didn't have to hit me so hard." Riven teases her as he laughs. "I didn't even hit you that hard." Adelina huffs as she sits down beside him. "Since you hit me so hard.. I think it's only fair that you give me kiss." Riven tells her flirtatiously as their eyes lock. Adelina rolls her eyes as she shakes her head. She felt her breathe get caught in her throat as Rivens eyes flickered to her lips.. "I'm not kissing you for being a dumbass." Adelina replies sharply as she quickly looks away from him. Riven sighed in disappointment as he looked over at Sky. "Are you alright?" Sky asked Riven curiously as he climbed onto the mat. "I guess I shouldn't be here." Riven confesses as Adelina helps him stand up.

"Yeah no shit." Sky replies sharply as they help Riven get down from the mat. "I'll walk him back to his room." Adelina tells Sky. Riven had his arm wrapped around Adelina as they slowly walked back to his room. "There are other ways I could work out." Riven mumbles flirtatiously. "You need rest." Adelina tells him. They arrived at his room and Riven placed his hands on Adelinas face. Their eyes locked as Riven gently moved a piece of her hair out of her face. "What are we?" Adelina asked him softly. "I don't know." Riven told her as his voice got quiet. "Well I know how I feel about you....." Adelina whispers as Rivens lips get closer to her. "I just want to kiss you right now." Riven tells her truthfully. He places his lips on hers softly. Adelina wanted to kiss him back but something inside of her made her pull away. She pulled away slowly causing Riven to open his eyes. "Do you know how you feel about me?" Adelina asked him softly. "My arms killing me... I think I'm going to get some rest." Riven says nervously as he moves away from her. "Why can't you just talk to me?" Adelina yelled at him. "Because I'm scared... okay....." Riven admitted. "Scared of what?" Adelina asked him curiously. Riven gestured to the both of them and then nervously ran a hand through his hair. "This thing between us.... I've never felt like this Adi and it scares the crap out of me." Riven tells her softly.
______________________________
Awww why can't Riven just tell her how he feels? 🥺. (also I think the next part will be the last part 😵)