16

•Painting•Word count 1463

•Painting•
Word count 1463

"Detention? Riven was the one who tried to drown me!" Adelina yelled in frustration at Silva. "I told you both that you were not allowed to try and kill one another." Silva replies sharply. "You knew the risk you were making when you paired us together!" Riven yells playfully as he walks over towards Adelina. Adelina glared at the boy before turning her attention back to Silva. "It wasn't my fault." Adelina huffs as she feels Riven place his arm around her. Adelina smacked his arm away as she glanced over at him. He had a flirtatious smile stuck on his face. "I don't care who's fault it was..... tomorow after classes I'll see you both in detention." Silvia tells them sharply. Silva walks away leaving Riven and Adelina alone.

"Sorry I tried to drown you... I was just testing your ability to breathe underwater." Riven tells Adelina sarcastically. Adelina gives him a fake smile before smacking him in the face. "I deserved that!" Riven mumbles playfully as Adelina pushes past him. She looked down at her now soaking wet body. "I guess I'll see you in detention." Riven says playfully as he catches up to her. Adelina stopped walking causing her eyes to meet Riven. The same soft eyes she saw the other night when tears were falling out of them. She wished that she could open up to him like he had to her but she didn't know how to talk to him like that. "Maybe I can test if you can breathe underwater!" Adelina yells playfully. She tries to push his body towards the pond but Rivens body doesn't budge. Riven laughs as Adelina struggles to move his body. She jumps on his back as she starts ruffling his hair.

"Hey! Hands off the hair!" Riven yells loudly as he tried to shake Adelina off of his back. Adelina stayed stuck on his body as she tried to push him into the water. "Now if I fall you will go down with me." Riven says playfully. Adelina feels a pair of strong hands pry her off of Rivens back. "Silvia told me to come stop you." Sky mumbles playfully as he keeps his hands on Adelinas waist. Rivens laughs as he looks at Adelinas disappointed face. Rivens eyes land on Sky's hands on Adelinas waist. Rivens eyes flicker with anger as he runs a hand through his hair. Sky quickly takes his hands off of Adelina. "Can you push Riven into the pond for me?" Adelina asks Sky playfully. "Why? What did he do this time?" Sky asks her softly. "The asshole tried to drown me!" Adelina yells angrily. Riven puts his hand up in surrender as Sky pushes him into the pond. "Ahhhh! Adi! I think I got a bruise....will you kiss it for me?" Riven yelled playfully as he struggled to get out of the pond. Adelina flips him off before she quickly walks away.

The next day after school

"Don't they have fairies that can paint these fences with magic?" Riven asks Silvia in disbelief. "No and if they did I would still make you do it." Silvia replies playfully as he hands the boy a paintbrush. Adelina had already started painting the fence with her paintbrush. "If the fence isn't done by the time I get back you will be doing this again tomorrow!" Silvia tells them before he leaves. Riven placed the paintbrush in the bucket filled with white paint. He watched as Adelina gently painted the fence. He loved the way her eyebrows were furrowed in concentration and the way her hair was blowing in the wind. When he realized he was staring at her he quickly looked away. He placed the paint brush on the fence and started painting it. "This is already stupid." Riven mumbles playfully. Adelina glances over at him. He had painted hardly anything.

"Just do it fast and we won't be here for long." Adelina tells him softly. "Thats what she said." Riven says playfully as he smirks at Adelina. Adelina scoffs as she looks away from him and goes back to painting the fence. Riven threw his paintbrush down onto the ground as he sat down in the grass. It was very hot outside and he was already done with the stupid task. He noticed Adelina seemed like she was in her own world as she quickly painted the fence. He took the opportunity to sneak up behind her. Adelina felt two hands tickling her waist causing her to squeal. "Riv! Stop!" She screamed as Riven wrapped his arms around her and spun her around. "We are supposed to be painting!" Adelina yelled as she couldn't stop laughing. Riven had a huge smile on his face as he gently set her body back on the ground.

"You are totally right... we should be painting." Riven says softly as he grabs his paintbrush. Adelina gave him a confused look. She knew that Riven never listened to her. Before she had time to react Riven splattered the paint all over Adelinas shirt. "You asshole!" Adelina screamed as she quickly splattered her paintbrush all over Riven. His shirt and face were now splattered in white paint. "You are so going to get it Adi!" Riven screamed playfully as he stuck his hand inside the bucket of paint. Adelina screamed as he tried to run away from him. Riven easily caught up to her and wrapped his arms around her waist to stop her from running. He smeared the paint all over her face with his fingers as she tried to get out of his grip. Adelina quickly ran back to the paint and stuck her hand into the bucket. She flung chunks of paint at Riven causing his shirt and face to now be covered in paint. Adelina couldn't stop laughing causing Riven to smile at the beautiful sound. "You really are trying to piss me off!" Riven yells playfully as he grabs the bucket of paint.

He pours the entire bucket on Adelina causing her to gasp in disbelief. Her head and hair were now covered in white paint. "I am going to kill you!" Adelina screamed as the paint started covering her eyes making her unable to see. Riven laughed as she struggled to find him. "Let me help you." Riven tells her softly. He gently wipes the paint off of her eyes using a small piece of his shirt that wasn't covered in paint. Adelina blinked a couple times before her vision was returned to her. She realized Riven was standing directly above her as he made sure she was alright. "I can see now.....which means I can do this!" Adelina yells playfully as she picks up her bucket. Riven doesn't try to run away as she dumps the bucket on his head. "You had to stand on your tippy toes to do that!" Riven taunts her as his hair is now covered in paint. Riven wipes paint out of his eyes causing his vision to return to him and his eyes to land on Adelina. Her eyes were shining through the paint covering her face and she was staring right back at him. Riven gently placed his hand on her cheek causing her to flinch at his touch. Adelina took a step closer to him causing her foot to land in one of the buckets. She quickly looked away from Riven and down at her feet. She squealed as she started to lose her balance but felt two hands on her waist making sure she didn't fall.

"You are a mess." Riven teases her. "Says the boy covered in paint." Adelina replies playfully as she laughs at him. Riven wondered how someone could looks so people whilst covered in paint. Adelinas eyes stayed locked on Rivens as she felt butterflies in her stomach. His hands were still on her waist as he held her body from falling underneath him. Rivens eyes flickered to her lips.... "What the hell are you two doing?" Silvia screamed at them. Adelinas foot that was still in the bucket started slipping as Riven quickly caught her again. "I left for thirty minutes and you two painted each other!" Silvia screamed angrily. Adelina removed her foot from the bucket as she stood next to Riven. Adelina gave Riven a worried look that he simply shrugged off. "Sorry we just got distracted... we will get right back to work." Riven says in a serious tone. "With what paint?" Silva asks them angrily. "We can like.... rub it off of our bodies." Riven says playfully. Silva wasn't amused at all. "I will see you both in detention again tomorrow after school!" Silva yells at them.

____________________________
Silva interrupting the moment 😤