20

•Broken•Word count 1558

•Broken•
Word count 1558

The moon was the only thing providing Adelina light as she sat in complete darkness outside. Every so often a breeze would blow by causing her to shiver. She was alone and she wanted it to be that way. She didn't want to train like she usually did at night she just wanted to stare at the pond. "Are you avoiding me?" Riven asked Adelina curiously as he sat down beside her on the bench. Riven heard her sigh as she didn't turn to look at him. Her hood was covering her face causing him to laugh. "Did you just bury a dead body or something?" Riven asks her sarcastically. Adelina doesn't respond as she nervously plays with her fingers. Riven hated the silence so he decided to scoot closer to her. He wrapped his arm around her causing her to immediately flinch. Before Adelina had time to react he quickly pulled off her hood. Adelinas hair fell directly in front of her face as Riven stared at her. "Shit you have a tone of hair." Riven mumbles in amazement as he pushes her blonde hair out of her face. He always thought her hair looked beautiful.

Rivens heart sinks as her face is revealed. She had a huge burn mark across her cheek going down her neck. "Holy crap Adi! What happened?" Riven asked her in a serious tone. She sighed as she shook her head. Adelina bit her lip to hold back tears as she kept her eyes forward. She knew if she looked at Riven she would breakdown. "What happened?" Riven repeated softly as he reached for her hand. His eyes were staring at her as they were filled with worry. Adelina wanted to talk to Riven but she couldn't bring herself to form words. She didn't know how to tell him. She didn't like talking about personal things. "Were you practicing magic?" Riven asks her softly hoping she would respond. "No...." Adelina whispers as her voice cracks. "Did you did this on purpose?" Riven asked her nervously. "'No." Adelina replies softly. She felt Riven gently rubbing her hand with his finger. She felt a small sense of comfort from the smallest touch.

"So You accidentally burned yourself with your powers...... how did it happen?" Riven asks her softly. Riven stares at her awaiting her answer. She doesn't respond as she wipes aggressively at her eyes. Tears had started to fall down. "Adi I won't judge you.... I promise....... and don't be embarrassed to cry in front of me." Riven tells her in a gentle tone. For the first time that night Adelina looked over at Riven. Their eyes locked causing Rivens heart to sink even further than before. Her eyes were red and he could tell she was holding back a ton of tears. Adelina hated the way Riven was looking at her. He looked so worried and he made her feel broken. "I...." Adelina stutters as she can't finish her sentence. She hides her face in her hands as she starts crying. Riven takes a deep breath as he pulls her into his arms. She clings onto his chest as she starts crying even harder. Riven gently rubs her back as he presses her body closer to his.

"There's something wrong with me." Adelina whispers in between sobs. "No there is not Adelina." Riven replies sharply as he continues to rub her back. "I lose control.... all the time because I get these waves of sadness..... I feel alone even when there are a million people around me........ I can't control the sadness Riv..... it comes out of no where and..... I make myself believe that I am worthless......" Adelina tells Riven as her voice breaks. "It's not your fault you feel that way Adi but you are not worthless.... you are perfect and the next time you feel like that come and find me Adi.... I can help you." Riven tells her in a soft tone. "I hate the way I make myself feel....... I hate myself." Adelina mumbles in a sad tone. "Well I.... lo......really like you Adi.... and even if you can't like yourself...everyone around you likes you.... you are a great person Adi and just because you have some problems that doesn't give you a reason to hate yourself.... it's not your fault you feel that way because it's just the way you were made..... and I know it sucks to have to live like that and it sucks not being able to control your powers but I know you can overcome those obstacles because you never go down without a fight." Riven encourages her as he squeezes her body. Adelina stopped crying as she felt safe in Rivens arms. She didn't think Riven cared for her as much as he did.

"Some days I just hate being me." Adelina tells Riven truthfully as she lifts her head up. Her eyes locked with Riven and he immediately wiped the tears off of her face with his finger. She felt sparks on her face every time his finger brushed away her tears. "It's okay to have days like that..... everyone has days like that." Riven tells her softly. "Do you think I'm broken?" Adelina asked Riven softly. "Of course not...... if your broken then I guess we are both broken........we know the only real broken one here is me." Riven replies sarcastically. Adelina smiles as she rolls her eyes. "Always got to make it about yourself." Adelina teases him. "Yeah cause I'm the best." Riven mutters in a cocky tone. Adelina scoffs as she pushes her body off of him. "Let's get you some ice cream." Riven mumbles as he wraps his arms around her waist. Adelina felt her heart beating very fast at the boy being so close to her. They made their way into the kitchen and got some ice cream.

"No offense but you can't melt shit!" Riven teased Adelina as he shoved a spoonful of ice cream in his mouth. She laughed as she swung her feet back in forth causing her leg to hit the counter. It made a loud noise causing her and Riven to break off into a fit of laughter. Adelina laughed so hard she fell over onto Riven who was laying on the counter. She could feel his chest rising and falling as he laughed. Adelina started giggling as she lifted her hand up and melted the ice cream Riven had just scooped onto his spoon. The liquid dripped all over his shirt. "What the hell Adi?" He yelled angrily as he pushes her arm. "You said I couldn't melt anything! So I melted that!" Adelina replies as she smirks at him. Riven sits up as causing his eyes to lock with Adelina. He wished he could kiss her. He was so tempted to do it but he knew he couldn't. He had stupidly told her that the first kiss meant nothing to him. He didn't want to fall for her but it hurt not being able to kiss her whenever he wanted. His eyes landed on the scar going down her face. "I know it's ugly." Adelina mutters in disappointment. "It's beautiful." Riven tells her softly as he gently places his hand on her face. Adelina smiled as she kept her eyes locked on Riven. Adelina looked down at the ice cream stain on Rivens shirt causing her to laugh.

Riven smiled at the sound of her laugh as he pulled out a cigarette. "Why are you smoking?" Adelina asked him curiously. "I wanna show you something cool. Just keep your mouth open." Riven tells her flirtatiously as his face was inches away from hers. Adelina was unsure whether she wanted to do it or not but gave in and opened her mouth. Riven put the cigarette in his mouth and inhaled the smoke. He inched his face closer to Adelina as he exhaled the smoke into her mouth. Rivens lips were inches away from Adelinas causing butterflies to erupt in her stomach. She couldn't help but admire how hot Riven looked. Riven licked his lips as he handed her the cigarette. "Now you do it." He tells her flirtatiously. Adelina rolled her eyes as she put the cigarette in her mouth. She inhaled the smoke and then nervously closed the gap between her and Riven. She blew the smoke into his mouth as her eyes were focused on his lips. "You should smoke more.... you look hot when you do it." Riven tells her in a low tone. "I'd rather not destroy my lungs." Adelina replies in a sassy tone. Riven places his finger on Adelinas mouth as he turns his ear towards the door. "Someone's coming." Riven whispers frantically. Adelinas eyes widened as Riven grabs her waist and pulls her off of the counter. They both duck down behind the counter as a loud set of footsteps walk into the room. Rivens and Adelinas body's were pressed against each other as they both had worried looks on their faces. The lights in the kitchen turned on causing them to lock eyes. "I can see you! You two never give me a break!" Silva yelled angrily. Adelina and Riven both stood up as they awkwardly laughed.

_______________________________
Smoking with Riven is so hot 🥵