28

•A Stupid Walk•Word count 1553

•A Stupid Walk•
Word count 1553

Riven traced circles with his fingers across Adelinas arm. Her head was rested on his chest as he held her in his arms. They both weren't able to sleep as they laid in Rivens bed. They hadn't spoken in a while but they were comfortable with the silence. Adelina felt so cozy and comfortable in Rivens arms. Adelina opened her mouth to speak but quickly closed it. Adelina felt Rivens chest rise and fall as a soft laugh left his lips. "What were you going to say?" Riven asked her softly. "I don't want... to push you.... if you're not ready to talk about it.... then don't.... but....what happened?" Adelina asked Riven quietly. Riven cleared his throat as he brought his hand down to Adelinas shoulder. He gently rubbed her shoulder as he prepared himself to speak. "You saw me run off into the woods..... i went further than I ever had before....... way past the barrier........I stopped running to smoke a cigarette when I heard... that stupid familiar horrifying noise those fucking creatures make...... I knew I was screwed... it dragged me through the woods by my arm.... it stabbed its claws right into my shoulder....." Riven explains to her as he tries not to break down.

Adelina grabs his hand and holds it tightly to reassure him that she was there for him. "It brought me to that disgusting cave... I thought I was dead for sure........ it made no sense why it didn't kill me right away..... I tried to escape multiple times but everytime it slammed my body back down into the ground.... then I remembered I had my phone.... I called you...... Then the burned one came back..... it shattered my phone and grabbed me by my arm as it dug it's claws into me..... I knew in that moment I was gonna die..... all I remember thinking is I never got to tell you.....never mind." Riven tells her hesitantly. He wanted to tell her but he couldn't... he couldn't bring himself to say it. Adelina didn't push him to speak more as he placed a kiss on her head. "I'm glad you're safe now." Adelina told him softly. "All because of you...... I'm the one who's supposed to save your ass....." Riven mutters sarcastically.

"Well you're the idiot who constantly puts your life in danger.... you don't care about yourself sometimes Riv..... and that scares me." Adelina admits as her voice cracks. She lifts her head up and meets Rivens eyes. His eyes were filled with sadness and she wished she could help him. She wished it had been her that went through all of that and not him. Riven placed a soft kiss on her lips and she immediately kissed him back as butterflies soared through her stomach. She didn't know what they were but she didn't care. She needed him and he needed her and that was good enough for now. They both pulled away and resumed there previous positions as Adelina closed her eyes. Adelina fell asleep in Rivens arms. When he noticed she was asleep he finally closed his eyes.

The next week was hell for Riven. While Adelina went to all of her classes he was forced to stay in his room.....the headmistress' orders. He couldn't even go to training because he apparently needed more rest. "I can't sit around anymore." Riven huffed angrily to Adelina as she sat at the edge of his bed. "Well... I talked to Professor Harvey and he said that you can start taking walks around campus." Adelina tells Riven in an excited tone. Riven groans as he lays down on his bed. "I just want to fucking be able to train again.... not go on some boring walk.... I'm perfectly fine.... my arms great... I can come back to training with you." Riven tells her sharply. "Riven..... your arm isn't ready for that yet... your body isn't ready." Adelina tells him softly. Riven rolls his eyes as his eyes landed on Adelina. He noticed a ribbon in her hair causing him to smile. He quickly took the ribbon out of her hair causing her hair to fall out of the pony tail it was in.

"What the hell was that for?" Adelina asked him sharply. "There's so many uses." Riven mutters sarcastically as he looks down at the purple ribbon. Adelina scoffed in annoyance as she reached for the ribbon. Riven quickly moved away from her to the other side of the room. "Even though your injured... I will still kick your ass to get that back!" Adelina warns him. "It could be used for flossing..." Riven mutters sarcastically as he holds the ribbon up to his teeth. "Shut the fuck up." Adelina mutters as she laughs. "Ooo...... it can be used for bondage." Riven says sarcastically as he wraps it around his wrist. "Glad to see your back to your old asshole self but give it back." Adelina tells him angrily as she grabs his arm. Riven felt a spark the moment she touched his arm. He couldn't believe after all the time they spent together she still made him feel giddy inside. "I could strangle you with it." Riven mumbles sarcastically as he looks down at the ribbon. Adelinas eyes widened as she reached for the ribbon again. "The only thing I want to use that for is my hair." Adelina mutters angrily as she prys it out of his fingers. Riven laughed as she quickly put the ribbon back in her hair.

The next morning Adelina woke Riven up bright and early before her classes to go for a walk. "No! I'm not going for a stupid walk." Riven complained as she dragged him out of his room. "You haven't seen sunlight in like.. a week." Adelina replies sharply. She had a tight grip on his hand as she led him outside. "Look at us holding hands..... so romantic." Riven tells her flirtatiously. "I'm holding your hand because you are a child and don't want to go for a walk." Adelina huffs in frustration. Adelina started walking along the path that went around the entire school. "I don't want to fucking do this!" Riven yelled as he abruptly stopped walking. Adelina still had a tight grip on Rivens hand so the moment he stopped walking her body was pulled backwards causing her to nearly fall over. "Did you almost just fall?" Riven teases her. Adelina glared at him as he started laughing. "I wish you would have fell." Riven tells her as he continues to laugh. "I'm this close to smacking you directly in your injured arm." Adelina warns him. He laughs even louder as he looks over at Adelina.  She was practically glowing in the sun as Riven admired her beauty. They walked side by side along the path as Adelina kept a tight grip on Rivens hand.

"I'm not a puppy who is going to run away.... why you got a death grip on me? I guess you just really like me." Riven teases her as he nudges her arm. Adelina quickly let go of Rivens hand and the moment she did he sprinted away. "Get back here asshole!" Adelina screamed as she chased after him. Rivens laughter echoed in Adelinas ear as he continued to run away from her. "When I catch up to you.... I'm going to pinch your injured arm for a whole hour!" Adelina screamed in frustration as she struggled to breathe due to the amount of running she had done. "That's just fucking cruel!" Riven replied sarcastically as he laughed at her. He slowed down in order for Adelina to catch up to him. When she did catch up to him she tackled his body onto the ground. Riven groaned in pain as her body was pressed against his. "What the fuck?" Riven yelled in disbelief. "I'm fighting the urge to not kill you." Adelina huffs angrily as her eyes locked with Rivens.

She took a deep breath as she realized how close she was to him. "Really? Or are you fighting another urge?" Riven asks her flirtatiously as his eyes flicker to her lips. Adelina realized the position her body was in on top of Riven and she felt extremely nervous. She couldn't breathe as Riven kept his eyes locked with hers. "For once you're speechless... wow... I must be special." Riven taunts her as he places his hand on her cheek. "You have got to be shitting me!" A voice yelled. Adelina and Riven both turned their attention away from each other as their eyes landed on Silva walking along the path. Adelina quickly pushed her body off of Riven as she brushed grass off of her body. "I can't escape you two." Silva muttered in disbelief as he quickly walked away from them. Riven remained on the ground as he laughed. Adelina reached her hand down to help Riven up but Riven grabbed her hand and yanked her down onto his body. Their faces were inches away from each other again. "You always fall for that one." Riven teases her as he places a kiss on her lips.

______________________________
What was Riven going to tell her when he thought he was gonna die? 👀