10

•The Classroom•Word count 1323

•The Classroom•
Word count 1323

"You survived almost being killed and you chose to come to class?" Stella asked Adelina in disbelief. "I just want things to go back to normal." Adelina replied softly as she sat down at her desk. "That's not normal." Stella mumbles playfully as she points at the door. Adelina turns her attention to the door as she notices Riven walking inside. He had a huge cocky grin on his face causing Adelina to roll her eyes. Riven took one glance at Adelina and immediately sat behind her. "Hey guys... oh crap... I forgot to do the homework." Riven tells them sarcastically. "You aren't in this class shit head. It's for fairies." Adelina told him sharply. "Who says I'm not a fairy?" Riven replied playfully as he winked at her. Adelina quickly looked away from him as she could feel his presence behind her. "What is he doing here?" Stella whispered to Adelina. Adelina shrugged as she glanced back at the boy. She hated how nervous he made her. She normally didn't see Riven till after school.

"What are we learning today?" Riven whispered playfully in her ear. She turned around to face him as she glared up him. Riven playfully widened his eyes as he shook his head at her. "How did you know I would be here?" Adelina asked him sharply. "I didn't know... I just came to class." Riven replies sarcastically. "Why are you here?" Adelina asked him sharply. "To learn." Riven tells her playfully. Adelina bit her lip to hold back a smile from forming on her face. "You are an asshole." Adelina mumbled as she quickly turned away from her. Her back was facing him and she could hear him laughing. She felt him playfully trace his finger along her collarbone. She quickly smacked his hand away as she turned to face him.

"Do I make you nervous?" He asked her playfully. "You make me annoyed." Adelina replies sharply. "Alright class settle down! Now what did you guys think about the first chapters you read for homework?" The teacher asked the class. Riven of course had no clue what was going on but he watched as Adelinas hand shot right up into the air. He had never had a class with her before and he didn't know she actually cared about school. "Yes Adelina." The teacher said as she pointed at her. "I thought it was interesting how it goes into detail about the past of fairies and all of the things we used to be able to do that have been lost with the time...." Adelina started explaining to the class. Riven had never paid attention during class a day in his life but he was mesmerized by every thing Adelina said. He liked the way she explained things and how passionate she was about it all. He rested his head in his hands as he stared at her in disbelief. Riven playfully raised his hand after Adelina was done speaking.

"Yes... umm... what is your name?" The teacher asked him softly. "Riven. I think that what Adelina said is pretty true but I think it's cool how far we have come as fairies.... and how much we have grown since the past.... and sometimes the past needs to be left in the past to move forward." Riven explained to the class even though he had no idea what he was talking about. He felt Adelina staring at him which meant he achieved his goal. "Did you even read the book?" Adelina asked him playfully. "I read the back of it." Riven replies sharply as he meets her eyes. She stared into his eyes for a split second before taking a deep breath and quickly looking away. "Uh Riven. Why have I never seen you in this class before?" The teacher asked him curiously. "You caught me! I'm not in this class I just wanted to learn more about fairies." Riven replies dramatically.

Adelina scoffs as she turns around to face him. "Do you umm have an issue with me wanting to learn?" Riven asked her playfully. Stella watched the two in disbelief as a smile formed on her face. "Mrs. Honey.....Riven just wanted to spend more time with Adelina because he likes her." Stella announces to the whole class. "Ewww!" Adelina and Riven both yelled in unison. "That's my cue to leave." Riven mumbles as he pushes his chair backwards. Riven quickly grabbed his backpack and walked out the classroom. Adelina held her head in her hands as she felt very embarrassed. Why did Riven just randomly show up to her class?

"What the hell were you doing in my class earlier?" She asked him sharply later at training. "I don't know.... it was fun and spontaneous." Riven replies playfully. Adelina shakes her head as she tries to hit him with her stick but misses. "I'm glad you are back and healed." Riven tells her softly. "Thanks." Adelina mumbles in response. Riven kicks Adelina in the stomach causing her to stumble backwards. Her feet slipped as she winced in pain and fell into the pond behind her. "Riven!" She huffed in frustration. "Shit... I forgot that you were recently injured." Riven tells her frantically as he hops down to help her up. Adelinas clothes were now soaked causing her to groan in frustration. Riven extended his hand down to her waiting for her to grab it. "You got me wet!" She yelled angrily as she grabbed Rivens hand as he helped her up. "I have that affect on most women." Riven replied flirtatiously. Adelina glared at him as she kicked his legs causing him to trip and fall into the water. "Asshole." Adelina mumbled as she stared down at him.

"Remind me to never underestimate you Adelina!" Riven yelled playfully as he groaned in pain. Adelina extended her hand down to Riven as she waited for him to grab it. Riven grabbed her hand as he let her help him up. Riven stood up so his body was inches away from hers. Riven was now towering over her sending chills through her body. Adelina stared at the water below her as she felt Riven staring down at her. She looked up at him causing her eyes to meet his. His hair was soaking wet and Adelina couldn't help but think he looked really hot. Adelina felt Riven place his hands on her waist causing her to flinch at his touch. "Relax.... I'm helping you get up since you were just recently injured." Riven reassures her. He lifts her body back up onto the platform before pushing his body up to sit directly next to her. "Why don't you ever choose anyone else to be your partner?" Adelina asked Riven curiously. "Because you're the only one who gives me a real challenge." Riven replies playfully. "I'm sure Sky would be a challenge." Adelina replies playfully.

"Even though we bicker Adi... I like fighting you." Riven tells her truthfully. Adelina felt like her breath was caught in her throat as she felt Riven place his hand on her leg. She looked up at him causing her eyes to meet his. "Come on let's get to practicing." Riven says playfully as he raises his eyebrows at her. He stands up as he picks up his sticks and gets into position. Adelina sighs as she stands up and grabs her sticks. Adelina tried to hit him multiple times but Riven kept easily moving out of the way. "You are slow today!" Riven yelled playfully at her. Adelina kicked Riven. She wasn't watching where she was kicking and accidentally kicked him in the nuts. Riven groaned as he placed his hand over his crotch and fell down onto the mat. Adelina placed her hand over her mouth as she felt horrible. "Oh my God.... I am so sorry." Adelina told him frantically. "It's fine.... good aim." Riven mumbles as he rolls over in pain.

________________________________
Ouch 🤣