Chapter 30

Sorry for any mistakes

*Family Dinner*

We all gathered around the table and said Grace. Lynn definitely knew how to cook. She had fried chicken, greens, macaroni and cheese, and peach cobbler for dessert. I was jealous that everyone could drink wine except for me. I wanted some so bad but I couldn't have none because I was carrying a baby. Everyone kept asking me why I didn't want any but I wasn't ready to tell them. I didn't have the nerve just yet. I looked at Lance as he ate his food like he had been starving for weeks. I guess my cooking wasn't as good as Lynn's but at least he was eating at home. My mom kept looking at me and I knew she knew that something was up with me. I took a deep breath and grabbed Lance's hand tightly. He looked at me confused.

"Everyone we have some news," I said nervously.

"Uh yea," Lance said. Everyone became quiet. Lance and I just stared at each other.

"Well what is it?" Lynn asked curiously.

"I'm pregnant," I said softly.

"You're what?" my mother asked with widened.

"Pregnant," CJ blurted out answering her question.

"That's great," Lynn said happily. She got up and hugged me tightly and kissed my forehead. She was just as excited as Lance was. My mother got up and hugged me as well. I seen her eyes get watery which made my eyes watery. Lance's sister, Dion, came in the kitchen with the same girl that showed up at our doorstep asking for Lance.

"Lance," Dion said.

"What the hell is she doing here?" Lance asked.

"I'm here because you need to take care of your son," Stacy's ghetto voice yelled.

"Lil' girl, I don't know who you is but you better simmer the fuck down in my house," Lynn said.

"Well your son needs to own up to his responsibilities and take care of his son. I'll be damned if he take care of another bitches baby and not take care of mine," Stacy said with an attitude.

"You got one more time to call me bitch," I said calmly.

"And what the fuck you gon' do fat ass," Stacy asked.

"Not too much. That's the wrong one. Catch yo round in a few more months or you can catch yo round with me right here, right now," Laura said.

"Oh no. She can catch her round with me. I might be old but I'll go back to my teenage days and whoop some scrawny ass," my mom responded. Laura, Lynn, and my mom all stood up. Dion folded her hands and rolled her neck.

"We'll get a DNA test. I'll take care of it if it's mine which I highly doubt," Lance said.

"Whatever," Stacy said. She turned around and stared at Dion who had her arms still folding and positioned to where all of her weight is on her left side.

"What?" Stacy asked Dion as she popped her neck.

"Uh..I'm gon' need you to go home and brush your teeth with some Colgate and rinse with some Listerine at least three times cause your breath is straight stank just like yo busted weave and according to  my brother, yo cat too. That's what feminine products like Vagisil  is for," Dion said.

"Can I leave?" Stacy asked with an attitude.

"Oooo bitches so disrespectful these days," Jasmine said as she put a mug on her face as she returned from the bathroom.

"I hope you don't think I'm finna move out your way. You can walk around me. You know where the door is as many times Lance kicked you out after sex. Don't act brand new," Dion responded. Stacy looked back at us with her nose flared and mouth opened. She rolled her eyes then stormed out. "Buh-bye," Dion said as she waved her hand to Stacy. That little girl was something else but that's my girl. Dion went and locked the door after Stacy slammed it. We all returned back to our dinner and kept on with the conversation about the pregnancy.