Chapter 17

Danielle has arrived! Sorry for any mistakes.

California was beautiful. My apartment was beautiful. My relationship was beautiful. Cocky? I might be. My life is going good at this moment. I was still in school but I was taking my classes online now so that I could work and bring in my own income. Lance wanted to take care of me financially while I was in school as well as Chaz but I told them that I still wanted to bring in my own money. I didn't want to depend on no man at all. Lance and I didn't live together. He wanted to but I didn't want to move in his apartment and he didn't want to move in to mine so we stayed in separate apartments complexes. It's been a couple weeks, close to a month, and I'm just now finally getting comfortable in my apartment. It was a one bedroom, one bathroom apartment that overlooked the beach.

I was excited that Lance was bringing his daughter, Danielle, over tonight so I could meet her for the first time. She had just came back from Florida from visiting her mom's side of the family. Lance never mentioned Danielle's mom and every time I would bring her up he would just kill the subject. Something wasn't right and I didn't like the fact that he would kill the subject every time. One of these days I was going to get the truth.

*knocks on the door*

"Who is it?" I asked from the other side of the door.

"Who you think it is?" Lance's voice questioned back as I opened the door to see him and Danielle smiling at me.

"And who might you be?" I asked Danielle.

"I'm Danielle," her cute soft voice answered.

"Wassup baby girl," Lance greeted me before he kissed my lips. Danielle covered her eyes and said, "ewww." She was so adorable. Lance put her down and they both walked inside my apartment. The first thing she went to was the living room where the Wii was.

"So you in here making that ass drop?" Lance asked making me laugh.

"No I was just dancing," I answered.

"I was about to say go ahead and throw it back one time for me,"

"If you're throwing stacks I'll throw it back in every direction,"

"Girl you better chill. You know how my friend gets," Lance said looking down at his pants. I couldn't do nothing but laugh. Lance and I still haven't had sex. Like we would make out and touch but we never went further than that. I was waiting for the right time. I wanted to catch him off guard. Plus there was still some things that I had to install in my room and there were a few things I needed to go buy. I've already had a few classes. I wanted that night to be mind blowing. No man wants a boring ass female in bed. Lance and I walked in to the living with Danielle. She saw that I had The Princess and the Frog, my favorite movie, and she screamed. Lance just shook his head and I started laughing.

"She love that damn movie and I'm getting tired of it," Lance said sitting down on the couch.

"Daddy can you put this in?" Danielle asked.

"This ain't my house. Ask her," Lance answered as he focused his attention on his phone.

"Here baby. I'll put it in," I said taking the disc from Danielle. Lance kind of made me upset by saying that. I know he wanted to live together but I wasn't about to move in to his apartment that he paid for. What if we was to get in to an argument and break up? He would put me out and that wasn't going to happen. Not in my book. I laid down on the couch after putting the disc in to the DVD player. Lance looked at me and shook his head but I didn't know why. I guess he wanted me to come sit by him. Danielle climbed on to the couch that I was laying on and sat in front of me. I was shocked that she liked me and she had just met me. I looked at Lance but he was too busy on his phone which got on my nerves. Made me wonder who in the hell had his attention because it sure wasn't me.