Chapter 15

Sorry for any mistakes. I'm sure there are some.

Crystal's POV

The party was getting crazier and crazier and it was on twelve in the morning. I decided that it was time for me to head back to my dorm because I had class at nine in the morning. I needed all the sleep I could get. Lance made his way back over to me after he was done with his frat brothers.

"Enjoyed yourself?" Lance asked.

"I did but I have class in the morning so I'ma gon' and head back to the dorm," I said.

"Understandable. Let me walk you. I don't want you walking alone," Lance said. Lance went upstairs to grab his coat before we walked out. Instead of him putting it on, he covered my body with it. I thought that was extremely sweet. He was a sweet guy and I didn't see why any girl wouldn't want to be with him. Fine. Smart. Pledges. And a gentleman.

"How did you like the party?" Lance asked.

"It was cool," I answered looking down at the sidewalk as we walked.

"Why you looking down?"

"No reason," I said looking up this time but not making eye contact.

"Hold up," Lance said stopping me half way from my dorm, "I hope I don't make you nervous or anything."

"I am kind of nervous," I said.

"For why? I should be the one nervous,"

"And why is that?"

"You're beautiful. You was with me at the party most of the night. You're allowing me to walk you back to your dorm."

"Well I guess we're both nervous then. You're handsome. A nupe. You can have any girl at this campus."

"Even if that was true, I wouldn't want every girl. I would want only one. I'm hoping that you'll allow me to show you a good time outside of campus and hoping that we'll possibly progress to something more than just new friends if we connect like that."

"Uhhh..."

"I'm just asking for one date and after that if you don't want to go on more then I'll back off. Just one date." I smirked at Lance and told him I accept the date. It was something about Lance that drew me to him like his whole demeanor was so chilled. The way he was talking made me weak inside but I didn't show it. I couldn't let it show. I didn't want to get hurt again. Lance kissed my forehead before I walked inside my resident hall and told me that he would text me. Hopefully things do go right and he wasn't like Cash. Couldn't have another one him on my hands.

*Couple days later*

Date #1: Lance took me to go see The Hungry Games: Mockingjay, Part 1 and it was amazing. We actually sat there and watched the movie then afterwards he took me to dinner. He paid for everything. He showed his sweet, romantic side and that's what really turned me on. Not too many dudes do that. We learned a little bit about each other but we didn't get too personal. I wasn't that comfortable with him just yet.

Date #2: Bowling. I wasn't the best bowler but I damn sure whooped Lance's ass. He brought out a little bit of his goofy side and let go of that pretty boy front. We played three games. It was so funny because he kept falling everytime he would get up and bowl. He was so clumsy but it was cute. Then we played each other in pool which again I beat his ass but I think he let me win that one. Either way I whooped his ass.

*A month later* Date #3: Laser Tag. I've always wanted to do laser tag but Chaz and Casey always protected me outside the house because they had people who didn't like them. For Lance to take me to do something I've always wanted to do just made me feel special. No dude has ever done that for me and I really appreciated that. We became closer and I was starting to feel him more but I didn't want to rush it.