Chapter 1

Crystal's POV

*flashback*

"Stop you're hurting me," I yelled out as I tried to get out of my mother's boyfriend's hold.

"Shut up before I break every bone in your body," His deep voice said. I was scared at this point. I knew he was crazy and he was bound to do anything. "Baby please don't hurt her," My mother begged him but he knew exactly how to make her shut up and get her to let him do anything he wanted. He waved a little bag of cocaine in front of my mother's face and her eyes widened. I knew she was falling for his trick. How could she choose cocaine over her own flesh and blood? My mother took the bag and gave me one last look before leaving out my room as my mother's boyfriend focused his attention back on me. "I'll be back later tonight," He said before he left out. After the door slammed behind him, I quickly pushed my dresser in front my door so that he couldn't get in. I grabbed some cover and bawled myself up in my closet. I didn't want him to hurt me. I knew he was capable of hurting of me. I didn't want to be here anymore. I knew from the beginning that he wasn't a nice man. The way he looked at me. The way he touched me when I walked passed him. The way he called me pretty and rubbed his hand on my cheek. I let out a few silent tears as I sent a silent prayer up to God before I dozed off into a light sleep.

*breaking of windows*

I was awaken by glass shattering outside of my closet. I knew it was my mother's boyfriend because of the heavy footsteps. I began to panic. I prayed that he didn't find me in the closet but he found me anyways. He grabbed me by ankles and dragged me to the bed. I began kicking and screaming uncontrollably. Out of no where all I felt was his strong hand going across my face. My face was burning and it felt numb. My breathing was started to speed up as he unbuckled his belt and pulled down his pants. "No. No." I repeated. He slapped me again this time bringing tears to my face. "Shut up and be a good girl," He said as he forced himself inside of me. "Ahhhh," I screamed out in pain. My virginity was being taken away by a man that didn't deserve to be called a man. I was only fifteen. He kept going harder and harder making it hurt even more. I didn't want him to think that I was being pleasure because this was definitely not pleasure. It was torture. Where was my mother that cared? Where was my sister? I needed my dad here but he was somewhere walking around Heaven. I wanted this to be over with. I just wanted to die already. Why was this happening to me?

*a week later*

My sister, Casey, had came to visit me. Casey knew that something was wrong but I didn't know how to tell her just yet. I was afraid that she was going to judge me even though she told me that I could tell her anything. It was just us two at the house while my mother and my rapist were out. "Casey I need to talk to you," I said nervously. She looked at me confused at motioned for me to sit beside her. After I told her I was raped, she went crazy. Casey waited for my mother and her boyfriend to get back so she could say what she had to say. Casey's last words to our mother was "You're a low life bitch and you will never see us again." With that being said, Casey took me with her and we got on a plane. Where we were going? I don't know but anything was better than our mother's soon to be straight crack house.

*two years later*

I was know living in Atlanta with Casey and her husband, Chaz. They had been together for three years and decided to get married last year. Casey and I moved in with Chaz a week later but because I was so busy with school, I didn't have time to re-do the room that I was sleeping in. I gave Chaz a hard time at first but I began to start trusting him when he went out of his way to give me everything and keep me away from harm. He knew what I had been through and he understood completely but he always said he couldn't imagine how I must of felt when it all happened. The first day of summer break was in the morning and I was happy but I didn't go anywhere unless I was with Chaz's daughter or Casey. I took a shower before getting in bed. Casey was taking me shopping for summer clothes and stuff to get started with to re-decorate my room and that's exactly what I needed.