Chapter 6

A Month Later

Cash and I had became really close over the last month. He was like my best friend. I could talk to him about anything. The flirting died down but there was still a connection there. I didn't know if he felt the same connection as I did or if he just seen me as a friend. I wanted to ask him but that was a topic that I just couldn't talk about with him. I felt like if I brought it up that he would shut me down and back away as a friend so I just kept my mouth shut. Today was the day that my cousin, Jasmine, was coming to visit. She said that if she liked Atlanta then she would move here. Jasmine was so pretty. She was slightly taller than me but same complexion. Her dark red hair stopped at her shoulders. She had brown eyes and pretty white smile. Jasmine was the same age as me and I knew that Jr would like her because she was just as goofy as he was. There was a knock on the door. I quickly raced downstairs but Jr beat me to the door. He looked at me weird as I grinned at him. He opened the door and his mouth dropped. Jasmine stood there looking so beautiful. She wore a baby blue Diamond tank top, khaki booty shorts, and a pair of black t-strapped sandals. Her hair was in a bun because it was so hot outside. She came inside and gave me a big hug as Jr just stood there in shock.

"Jr this is Jasmine. Jasmine this is Jr," I introduced them.

"Hey," Jasmine said.

"Hey," Jr responded.

"Well y'all can get to know each other later but first lets go upstairs," I said. Jasmine walked upstairs first. As I was about to walk upstairs, Jr grabbed my arm and started talking, "Where she come from?"

"That's my cousin. She's from New Orleans. You'll like her. I promise but let me go get her situated first,"

Jr let me go then I headed to my room where Jasmine was. This week was going to be one of the best weeks ever. I've been texting Cash but he hasn't been responding which is unlike him. I was getting worried but I didn't want to get negative thoughts in my head. Saige came inside my room and began to scream. Saige and Jasmine were close as well and when all three of us are together the turn is real. We all decided that we would go out to the mall and do a little shopping, go get our nails and toes done, then later get something to eat. A girl's day out is definitely what all of us needed.

Cash's POV

Last night was crazy. The turn up was real. The boys and I had a good ass time at the party that one of my other homeboys hosted. Crystal and I became close and she was like my best friend. I could talk to her about anything. There was just one thing I was keeping from her and I didn't know how to tell her but I was going to tell her eventually when the time was right. I just hope that she wouldn't be mad about it. I met up with the boys at Chaz's crib to set up for tonight. What we had to do was going to be late so I had enough time to plan something before then.

I put my phone on the charger and when I turned it on I had ten messages. Three from Crystal and seven from someone else. I sighed because I didn't want Crystal to think that I was ignoring her. I didn't go home last night and I was no where near a charger for my phone. Chaz said that she was out with Saige and some girl name Jasmine so I didn't bother her. I just wanted her to have a good time. Jr kept rambling on about this Jasmine girl. I didn't know who she was. All I knew is that she was Crystal's cousin. The way Jr was talking about her I hoped that she would get him off of Quez's and I's back. He was annoying. All he needed was a girl to hold him down so that he would chill the fuck out. My phone kept booming and it was the same person. I would've text back but I had more important things to worry about at the moment. Money came first.

Crystal's POV

The day with the girls was going great. You could never have a bad day when you're out shopping with the people you love. I checked my phone and saw that Cash still haven't text me back. I was starting to feel like he was ignoring me but I wasn't going to let that ruin my day. Up next was the nail salon. I've always wanted to try stiletto nails so I decided to get that done. I was always the one to stand out because I was the one to try new things. This time I was going with the black and nude two stripped stiletto nails.

"Why do you always try something weird?" Saige asked me.

"Because I like to be different," I responded.

"So does Jr have a girlfriend?" Jasmine asked catching both Saige and I's attention.

"No but he needs one," Saige answered.

"Why? You think he cute?" I asked letting out a little laugh.

"Well yea. I really do," Jasmine answered shyly.

"Well I definitely can put you on when we get back to the house," I said. Jasmine started blushing. I looked at Saige as she looked at me. I knew bringing Jasmine down here was a good idea. I just pray that both him and her really hit it off. After being in the nail shop a little bit over an hour it was time for us to go. I was starving and the only place that could satisfy me at the moment is Wing Stop. Boneless hickory smoked bbq wings is what I needed inside this stomach of mine.

We placed our order as soon as we walked inside Wing Stop then took our seat. I loved when it wasn't crowded cause I didn't like to be around a lot of people at one time. Saige rambled on about her and Quez's relationship which was making me jealous because I didn't have a boyfriend. The one I wanted wasn't texting me back for whatever reason I don't know. Don't get me wrong Quez and Saige are cute but sometimes they get annoying with their perfect relationship. Jasmine was in a whole different world. I didn't know exactly what she was thinking about but I figured it had something to do with Jr. I pretended that I was listening to every single word that came out of Saige's mouth but all I could think about was Cash. Where is he? Who is he with? Why isn't he texting me? Did I do or say something wrong? All of these thoughts were racing through my head. All I needed was answers.

Our food was finally ready. As I walked up to the counter to grab our tray, I recognized a voice that I had been waiting to hear all day. It was Cash. I looked up quickly with a big smile on my face but in an instant my smile went away. He was hugging some girl with a big belly from behind. They looked so happy until Cash looked at me and his mouth dropped. I felt tears wanting to come out of my eyes but I held them in. I quickly walked out of Wing Stop. I just wanted to go home and forget what I had just seen.

"Crystal!" Cash yelled running behind me and grabbing my arm.

"What Cash?" I screamed back.

"Let me explain,"

"There's nothing to explain. What I saw is all the explaining I need,"

"No, just hear me out," Cash said pulling me closer to him.

"There's nothing for you to say. Apparently you have a girlfriend that is pregnant," I said pushing him from me.

"Crystal she's not my girl,"

"Save it. I want nothing to do with you,"

After saying those last words I walked off from Cash. I didn't want to speak or look at him at all. He could've told me from the jump that he had a girlfriend and that she was pregnant. Maybe my feelings for him would have never developed. Every time I began to trust a dude, they give me a reason not to. Saige and Jasmine came out with our food in the bag. They knew I was mad and they knew I didn't want to talk about it. We all got in the car and headed home. I just wanted to take a nice hot bath and go to sleep. Hopefully tomorrow goes better.

Yea...Kind of short but it's been a while. Comment and vote :)