43

||JACKSON||

Night has fallen with the dorm sounding peaceful, still having my papers due before I could meet its deadline tomorrow. I borrowed a laptop, or rented I supposed, to work on my online classes. Damian came in a while ago and is currently laying in his bed with his eyes plastered on his phone. I did my best to focus on my work, typing away and scribbling down on paper. It had hit past 10:00 already and I was beginning to feel the exhaustion. Curious, I checked my phone to see if anything was interesting before I could lose my sanity from my assignments. What I noticed was that Ethan had just like many of my posts. Blinking, I pulled up my account to see which ones were they. Scrolling along my notifications, it were just regular pictures; although, the only image that didn't receive a like was the one I shared a mirror selfie of my jacked body. I frowned and felt disappointment surge through me. I wondered if that could be considered as a sign that he isn't showing any interest at all. I shook my head and prevented myself from frowning. "Dude, sorry but can you turn off the lights?" Damian mumbled as he shuffled in his sheets. Turning to him, looking like who was ready to sleep.

"Oh, yeah sure," I nodded and got up from the desk to hit the switch. The room went darker and the laptop gave a soft illumination.

"Thanks," he said as he pulled his blanket over him. Sighing, I went back to my seat and placed a hand over my forehead. My back slouched and hunched over the surface, now I was resting myself with my arms crossed on top of the table. Should I feel this depressed over such a tiny detail?

Look at me, I'm pathetic.

I let out a grumble, a groan, and breathed out. Staring at my phone, with it held it in my hands, wondering what I could possibly do.

Maybe I should ask for guidance?

Returning to the first person who came into mind, I sent a message to Brad, "help a bro out, could you tell me what I can do to get Ethan to notice me? I need some advice," with that, I sent it to him without hesitation. I waited for a moment, but then again, it's not like he would respond immediately, especially at a time like this. My attention went back to my blaring screen and uncompleted papers. Grunting with a waking slap to the cheek, I shook my head and pulled myself together. I snuck a glance at Damian and assumed that he must have fallen asleep by now. Shuffling up to my backpack, I pulled out my glasses and put them on. Now, resuming to do an all-nighter to save my grades.

-

Slowly, my body regained consciousness and was beginning to wake up. I yawned out and felt my arched back slightly aching. Eyes wandered, and the first thing I saw was my stuff organized along with my laptop folded closed. That and my glasses neatly placed aside. I must have passed out. I got up with a stretched posture only to realize that my blanket had dropped to the floor. "Huh? I don't remember wrapping myself with that," I said to myself and glanced around to see that Damian had left. With a sudden realization, I quickly opened up my laptop in a frenzy. My assignment was submitted just before midnight. That's a relief, for a second I thought that I must have neglected it since I was so tired and barely recalled what had happened last night. Picking up my phone and blanket, I collided into' my bed and rested my eyes. The sun lightly shined over my face giving a bit of warmth. After calming down to a relaxing state, my phone beside my set off its text ringtone. Turning to it, I opened it up that Brad had replied, "dude, did you seriously send me a message at night?"

"Sorry," I said back.

"Anyways, about your question, I'm not really sure. You saw how much of a persistent bitch I was to Noah back then."

True, Brad wasted no time.

He continues, "but I guess, you could keep hanging out with him, you know? The closer you get, the more he'll like you."

I pondered for a moment, it didn't seem much of a help. He even said it himself that he wasn't so certain.

"Maybe ask those who know Ethan better dude. What about Zack?"

I sighed, "Guess I need to get used to coming out more often then..." shaking my head in frustration.

"Or you know, just straight up walk to Ethan, tell him you're gay, horny, and you want his dick. Possibly suck each other afterward-"

"Fuck off! That's not how I'm gonna do it!"

"Haha, just kidding."

-

Walking around campus to get my clouded mind to clear, I noticed many people scampered around the grounds with different equipment and such. I was casually strolling around when I cluelessly walked into a certain auditorium building and saw that it was completely packed with stuff, students, and possibly staff associates. Gazing at the sight, I felt astonished by the busy event, "Woah," murmuring to myself.

"Hey Jack!" the sound of a familiar voice rang out. At first, I didn't know that I was being called until I turned to look for the source. At the door frames of the hallway entrance, Kenny and Kyle were carrying a folded plastic table. Kyle had squinted his eyes as if making sure I was the person who he thought I was. "Big guy, sorry, but could you help us out?"

Blinking as I jogged over to them, my hands held the side along with Kenny who appeared to be struggling. The three of us carried the table, though it wasn't actually that heavy in my opinion. Soon, We settled it down in an open space. The two of them were heaving like they had done a workout. "Oh man, I'm... out of shape," Kyle groaned, his back arched whilst his hands placed on his knees for support. Kenny just laid on the floor and curled into a ball.

"What are you guys doing?" I asked.

After a few minutes, Kyle had straightened up and regulated his breathing, "ah, this is for the fair," He gestured at their soon to be a booth.

"Kyle, you dragged me into this. I did not sign up to be your example patient, and for exercise," Kenny muttered while continuing to hold on for dear life, "my lungs are gonna explode."