23

||JACKSON||

I stood right in front of Ethan. It seemed like we were both alone but I couldn't properly make out our surroundings. I didn't understand what was happening, nor that I really cared, because all of my focus was directed to him. "Hey, Ethan..." I said, though I found myself getting flustered. I couldn't hear anything either but the sound of our breathing.

"Yes, Jackson?" Ethan murmurs as he blinks, eyelashes fluttering and so did my stomach.

A massive wave of warmth flushed my cheeks, "Um... T-there's something I... want to tell you," My gut bubbled with such intensity. I don't know what I was doing, why I'm doing this, or why it seemed so out of nowhere for me, but my mouth had a mind of its own, "I-I'm gay and... I like yo-." A delicate finger was then quickly placed on my lips, cutting me off before I could finish what I was going to say. My eyes widen as I gaze at Ethan who is looking at me dreamily with his dazzling eyes.

Ho-ly-SHIIIIIIIT.

Never have I felt so stiffened to move. My shoulders tightened as I watch Ethan near himself a bit closer. I could feel our breaths brushing our faces, warming both of us up, "Jackson..." Ethan mumbles.

"Y-yeah?" I stuttered.

"I like you too," he says.

My heart pumped like the fastest fucking thing in the world as if my blood wasn't circulating in my body. Did I just hear him correctly? Just then, Ethan closes his eyes and I could see him nearing his lips onto mine. Despite not having to comprehend a single thing of what was happening, all I thought of was kissing him, and it's happening! I closed my eyes. Slowly, and I say slowly. As we were about to close the gap, an annoying sound rang out. I didn't know what was going on, but after then, I felt no impact. Lifting my eyelids, he was gone.

And I was met with the reality and the ceiling of my dorm room above me. Shooting myself up from bed, I blinked a few times before I realized that it was all just a dream. Staring at the source of what interrupted my dream, my phone next to my bed, I held it tightly, "motherfucker!" I yelled out loud.

"Woah, What's up with you?" I hear Damian. Turning to him, he was looking through some papers on his bed, giving me a questioning look.

Heaving a sigh with great disappointment, I collapsed on my back with the palm of my hand smudging my face downwards, "nothing..." I mumbled.

-

I currently have no classes in the morning, but in the evening. Damian decided to go get breakfast together. We walked around some booths trying to find something good. I ended up getting some pancakes with strawberries and a smoothie, Damian having himself a chicken burger and a protein shake. Today was kinda packed with people and the two of us have been looking around for a while. But I had a hunch that if Kenny would be around here, he would be at the corners of this place. Walking around, I smiled when I saw him as expected, reading a book whilst with Kyle actually. I headed towards their table and they turned their heads towards me. "Oh, hey Jackson!" Kyle grins at me as he finishes whatever he had on his food tray.

"Hey guys, can we sit with you?" I asked.

"We?" Kenny murmured expressionlessly but sounded a bit confused at the same time. That's when his eyes trailed over from his book to the side of me and widened his eyes in an instant. Kyle followed the direction of where he was looking at and fell silent and worried. Wondering what was going on, I looked back to see Damian with his food, about two meters away from us.

"Umm... yeah, can he join?" I said, motioning to Damian who still kept a distance away.

"What... the fuck... is he doing here," Kenny glared with such malice at him. I was shocked to see Kenny look and sound so angry that I slightly recoiled back from his tone.

"Umm... Kenny?" I tried to speak out.

"He's not coming near," He muttered lowly.

Damian frowns and does nothing else while we all watched. I truly don't understand what was happening and all I did was stand silently. "Kenny..." Kyle places a hand on his shoulder making him turn to him, "I'm done," he says, eyeing his empty tray in front of him.

Kenny stares at him for a moment before standing up from his seat. Soon, Kyle gets up as well with his tray at hand. "All yours," his voice seems to have calmed down, but only towards me. Both of them left their seats and I watched as the two walk away. Kyle glancing back at us one last time before completely disappearing with Kenny out of the doors of this place. Once they were out of sight, Damian made his way to me, "well, I didn't expect to see them here either."

"You know Kenny?" I didn't know why I sounded surprised, they did go to the same high school after all.

Damian shrugs and takes his seat, "kind of."

"He seems pissed at you."

He says nothing and munches on his sandwich. Sighing, I place myself across him and started on my breakfast. It was after he was done with the first bite that he decided to talk, "welp, I was a dick to a lot of kids."

Peering up to look at him, I listened.

"Yeah, Kenny is quite the nerd so I took advantage of him with a lot of things like making him keep my grades up on some subjects. But I get it, the grudge he's holding."

Hearing him explain, it made me remember what kind of guy he was back then, "dude," I sounded unimpressed.