72

||ETHAN||

I could see blaring headlights as I stood by the window of the living room. Grabbing my wallet and house keys, I went out and closed the door. Dad told me he was going to come home rather late, possibly taking the night shift because he inserted personal investigation times in his actual work schedule. I told him that he shouldn't push so hard in which he responded that he'd be fine. As my legs walked down the porch steps, my view saw Jackson under the car's indoor lights. He waves at me with a smile as I made way. Upon entering, he was wearing a rather nice shirt that wrapped around his defined body. It wasn't until I heard him laughing that I snapped out of my gaze, "you hopping in?" He chuckles in a sexy manner.

This was the second time he caught me staring.

"Oh sorry," I heckled embarrassed as I plopped myself down and shut the door. As I continue to frequently hang out with him, the more I start to notice how damn handsome he is. "You look nice," complementing.

"Thanks, you do too," Jackson winks.

He's pretty flirty than usual, which I think is fun and enjoyable. "So, what's the plan for tonight?"

As he starts parting away from the sidewalk, the wheels roam smoothly across the road, "I'm taking you to the top of the mall."

My mouth gaped open, "y-you serious?"

"Mhm, I'm treating you."

"Can we at least split the bill? I brought my mone-"

He cuts me off with a finger wag, "nope, not gonna let that happen."

A smug grin on his face as Jackson focuses on the way ahead of him. It appears that stubbornly arguing further won't help, so I let it slide for now. As we pass by houses, to buildings, and eventually the city, I look back at how we first started:

We met purely by chance at my workplace, he invited me for karaoke and later sat down next to a convenience store as a bit of a snack.

Now... here we are, Jackson taking me to such an expensive place for dinner.

-

As we stood alone together in the elevator, a faint melodical tune soothed the lift. Numbers ascended up by 1 floor as we waited. From the corner of my eye, I looked down to see Jackson's twitching hand next to mine. He would reach out, only to pull his fingers back. Blinking, I just took his grasp and enveloped them together tightly. It was unexpected for him that he let out a surprised gasp and a yelp, "E-Ethan?" he stuttered.

"Where's the confidence? Don't be shy," I laughed and raised our intertwined hands for a better look. His eyes softened as he stared at it, thumb fumbling and feeling my skin. Jackson just kept gazing with such preciousness. He let his hand spread wide and I did the same. Pressing our palms together, we could see how somewhat different our fingers were, his were thick and manly, while mine are a bit slender than his, "gosh... I just, you're so adorable..." he sighs.

A dainty smile forms on me, "haha, thanks..." I murmured, glancing up at his eyes.

With that, the door dings as the shutters slide open. I didn't want to let go. "We" didn't want to let go, so we stepped out while our hands are still entangled, walking towards the glass fence that encircled the perimeter of the edge. The area isn't crowded, not many people were here. Once again we were greeted by the night sky that sparkled with scattered stars, and the city lights reflecting at the bottom.

It was so calming, romantic, it was a sight to see and a definite feeling to remember with him beside me.

Oh, how I yearn for this to last forever.

"Ethan..."

I turn to him look at him, a glass shimmer coated the color of his iris. With his free hand, he reached out for my empty one. Now, we stood together upon the height of the mall, my hands full of warmth whilst engulfed with his.

"I uhh, I just wanna say," He gulps,

...

"I really... 'really' like you.

You make me feel complete, on top of the world, and this has been the happiest I've ever felt.

Ever since I pecked you on the cheek, I could never stop thinking about you.

And after when we graduated, you were still in my mind, occupying my head every second.

At first, I was scared... and I couldn't accept who I was before.

But now, I'm very glad I came across you again, to be given a second chance, so I can tell you how much you...

how much...

You..."

His throat was straining him, tears started to drip down his cheek. I detached our hands from our hold in order to wipe them off his cheek to which rested his head upon it. He closes his eyes, "I'm glad I can tell you how much you mean to me. You're my world, and I really want to be with you... you understand me, you make me crazy in the best way, and I never want to lose you."

With his confession, struck the heartstrings within me as I collided my face on his chest and wrapped myself around him. Containing my own sobs muffled under his shirt, I gripped the fabric behind him. With his strong arms, he surrounds my frame. We remained still for a moment before I looked back at up him who sniffled. He laid a hand behind my head and caressed my hair tenderly. Everywhere around twinkled, shining upon the both of us to clearly see one another.

Our faces were inches apart, our breaths brushing with each huff.

Standing on my toes...

...I gently placed my lips on his.

I felt a rush of sparks coarse through my body as I felt him press deeper.

Here, we had our first true kiss...