PROLOGUE

||ETHAN||

During the ride, Jackson's behavior seemed to have changed and his actions were less confident. He was behaving unusual and I would catch him sneaking glances at me for some reason, thinking I wouldn't notice. I've gotta be honest, the thought of him pecking me on the cheek was a little bit awkward. I've never thought of having another guy doing that, but to be fair, it was partly my fault that I didn't retort and just went along with the antics out of peer pressure; it was just irregular to me. Our bodies were touching since we were all compacted together and I felt him progressively burn up, also to the point where I noticed him sweating despite that the heater in Zack's car wasn't even on and the night's temperature was neither toasty. He tugged on the collar of his button-down and let out a breath. Suddenly, a weird moan erupted from the back, "oh gosh!" Liam gargled and coughed when I felt something warm splatter on the back of my head. I shot up from my seat, startled.

"What the fuck?!" Jackson yelled out angrily as he placed a hand behind his back, a horrified expression formed on his face as he looked at me. Annabel and Taylor looked at us with the same look as the car started to slow down and park towards the side of the empty road. "What happened?" Zack said, alarmed, setting his car on stop. Annabel opened her door on her side that led to the sidewalk, motioning me to exit. I shakily took her hand as she led me to close to her. "Are you okay?" She asked with concern.

"Are you serious dude?" Jackson shouted furiously. I saw that his back was coated with barf which sent shivers down my spine as I assume that's what hit me from behind as well. Taylor quickly got out from his side when there weren't any approaching cars in the distance. "Did he gets some on me?" Taylor panicked as he turned around presenting his back.

"No, you're fine," Annabel said to which Taylor sighed in relief.

"I don't think he got some on you either," Taylor nodded, observing her. Jackson grumbled and got off of the car as we could hear Liam profusely apologizing. I frowned as I didn't know what to do with vomit on me. Zack and his little brother Davey met up with us outside. I stared at them with worry, "w-what am I gonna do?" I said, troubled. Zack looked at me, saddened. I eyed everyone, seeking for help. Jackson looked at me with pure pity as he tried desperately hard to think of a way. His brows raised with an idea as he started lifting his button-down, revealing a tight white tank top. He came to my side with furrowed eyebrows and a caring look as he tenderly dabbed his top on my head and back, "your shirt's gonna get dirty!" I said guiltily.

"It's fine, most importantly you need to get clean," he murmured soothingly as he continued to wipe away the gross puke off me without thinking twice nor acting dubious about spoiling his shirt. After he finished, he asked Taylor to do the same to him and help with his own issue. I stared at Jackson who looked back at me, "thank you," I expressed great fully which he smiled at.

Zack, later on, lends me his hoodie and I replaced my shirt to wear his oversized clothing. Taking off my shirt, Jackson was ogling at me again, quickly dodging eye contact later on. "What about me?" Liam whined, still at the back of the car. Jackson sent him an irritated glare to which he just threw his shirt at him aggressively.

-

We resumed on our drive and managed to drop off Liam first without any further accidents. We said our goodbyes but Taylor, Jackson, Annabel, and I still sat at the same spot as Liam had left small smears of vomit at the back which none of us did not want to transfer to; we would rather risk our blood circulation than touch it. With Jackson's shirt off, it was more clear that he was still feeling hotter, his sweat glistening on his muscular arms whenever we passed a bright lamp post. Still, he continued to randomly peek at me.

He's weird...

-

After we dropped off Annabel and Taylor, we finally got to Jackson's place. "Thanks for the ride Zack," he patted his shoulder.

"Yeah bro, see you next time," Zack grinned at him through the front mirror.

Opening, the door to get out, Jackson gave me a look with a timid smile before stepping into the sidewalk, "see you too, Ethan, I-I guess..." he scratched the back of his neck.

"You too Jackson. Again, thanks for cleaning me up, I appreciate it," I nodded.

A surprisingly strong blush somehow forms on his face under the darkness and he gives me a huge smile, "y-yeah, take care," he says before he stiffly walks towards his house. After we watched him go in, Zack started driving again in the direction of my house.

-

"Geez, sometimes I really get scared when you come home late," my dad said worriedly as he breathes with ease after I came through the door.

"Sorry dad, something happened during our way," I admitted, closing the door behind me.

His eyes wandered towards my torso and point out, "who's is that?" he asks curiously as he mentions the hoodie I'm wearing and to my hand holding my stained shirt.

"Oh, it's Zack's," I sighed. My father raised an eyebrow and tilted his head, "it's a gross story..."