80

||ETHAN||

...

There was this familiar beeping.

...

I couldn't open my eyes, not even feel my body at all.

...

But, there were muttering voices in the same room as I, but it was hard to focus on their conversations.

...

One sounded immensely devastated with a harrowing booming voice while the other seemed collected but apologetic.

...

"Sir, I'm sorry to tell, but he had lost a huge portion of blood. In terms of this, the procedure is needed. Otherwise, I'm afraid he won't make it..." one voice spoke.

...

"You have to save him! You have to let him live!" another man cried with a fit of rage and grief.

...

"Sir, in order for this situation to work, you have to understand that an 'immediate' blood transfer is required. It's costly, and the appropriate type is needed to avoid dangerous results-"

...

"Take my blood!" The other man yelled out. The pain in his throat shot out tormented words, "I have money saved in my bank account, every cent. Take it all, everything I have!" A loud thud hit the floor and the sound of weeping echoed.

"I can't afford him to meet the same fate as my wife in a damn hospital..."

"I'm a failure of a father and husband. I couldn't make it in time... Please, I beg of you, he's everything I have left..."

"...I can't lose him too..."

...

The beeping continues until I lost consciousness.