Alien Mush

"This is really nice, thanks so much, seriously this is the best." Kit commented, cutting up part of his chicken.

"Of course dear!" Mrs Sheih smiled, relishing in the compliments.

It should taste good considering she spent about 3 hours preparing it.

"Faith, stop using your fingers to eat. Try and use your fork! Luca, can you please not poke at it like it's some alien mush." She carried on, looking between the two younger siblings and puffing an exasperated breath.

"It looks like alien mush." Luca mumbled, his voice cracking.

"Don't be an ass." Theo said, slapping him round the back of the head.

Luca lunged forward to try and defend himself, but ending up knocking his fork and making the peas race across the table.

"For goodness sakes, can you please not argue for once!" His mother sighed, looking over at her husband for support.

"Luca, don't be ungrateful, there's kids starving." Mr Sheih said in a honeyed tone.

"Well then mail my food off to them if they want it so much." Luca groaned.

"For people will be lovers of self, lovers of money, proud, arrogant, abusive, disobedient to their parents, ungrateful, unholy." Mr Sheih muttered.

"Where's that from?" Kit asked, trying to hide his intrigue.

"2 Timothy 3:2. Why?" Mr Sheih, smiled at him.

"Useful." Kit nodded, noting it down in his head trying to store it for one of his dads next bible preaching's to use against his hypocrisy.

Mrs Sheih was leaning over the table trying to reach Faith's plate to help her cut up her chicken with her fairy, kids utensils but ended up almost knocking the jug of water.

"I can cut it, don't worry!" Kit added, pulling the plate infront of him and cutting it into thin slices. Faith clapped her hands together and beamed up at him.

Mrs Sheih began picking up pieces of the rolling peas, who appeared to be racing each other to the floor, and placing them back onto Luca's plate.

"I'm not eating this, it's been on the table." He complained.
"Yes, the table that I clean every day. Eat it." Mr Sheih pointed at his plate, voice hindering on annoyance.

Faith grabbed Kit into a side hug "Thank you! Sorry I forgot name." She smiled, taking back the plate and picking the food up with her podgy fingers again.

"It's nice to meet Theo's new friends!" Mr Sheih announced, in a silvery tone before turning and glaring at Luca who was rocking back on his chair, arms crossed over himself in a huff.

Theo pulled his hands up and burred his head into them.

He'd predicted his mom to try and start up a conversation about him not making many friends, but he didn't think that his dad would as well.

"What do you do, Krisopher?" Mrs Sheih added.

"Football." Kit shrugged.

He didn't really do much other than football. It took up half his week. The only other things he did was party to get rid of his feelings or try and get his dad to stop screaming at his mom and making the house a storm, but he couldn't really say that, probably wouldn't make for great dinner discussion.

"What position!?" Mr Sheih added, eagerly.

He played football in highschool all throughout and he managed to get captain, he always wanted one of his sons to go into it but neither showed an interest. Luca was more fascinated with basketball, whereas Theo preferred reading and music. He always wanted to talk about matches with one of them, but Luca would always start bringing up how basketball was better and Theo would pretend like he understood but deep down thought it was another language.