Fighting Over A Bone

The tidal wave didn't last long.

"Okay, please turn to page 10 on the textbook and write your notes on the contrasting ways the bacteria can be affected, you can divide the page with your partner." Miss Harper instructed, whilst simultaneously pushing her glasses up her nose.

Kit looked up at a poster that was spurring some shit about the theory of evolution.

"Oi, Kade that looks like you." He called out across the classroom rapturously and aimed his finger at one of the early-age apes on the poster, a loud eruption of laughter from a few people started and Miss Harper looked like she was on the brink of a heart attack due to frustration.

"Yeah, real funny McCain. Your mom seems to enjoy it." Kade retorted and mimed out a blowjob movement with his hand.

"Fuck off, Kade." Kit said back, sticking up his middle finger and flinging an eraser at Kade's head.

"You literally avoided me for like 4 days, can you at least do the work?" Theo mumbled.

"I haven't avoided you just not spoken to you." Kit replied, sedately and then angled his chair off so his shoulder was facing Theo, and snatched the textbook in front of him.

"You can't have the fucking textbook, Kit we both need to use it."

"Ask Miss for a spare one."

"Kit you need to calm down, let me use it. Put it in the middle." Theo tried reaching around Kit and sliding it into the middle but was met with blocking of his shoulder, "Look, need I remind you you kissed me, not the other way round-" Theo whispered discreetly, only so Kit could hear. Theo wanted anything, but it was clear he wasn't going to be spoken to for God knows how long and he was tired. He wanted some form of reassurance that it wasn't his fault. Because for the past 4 days he's been thinking, what have I done?

He wants to be told that they can at least remain friends. He didn't do anything to ruin the friendship. He doesn't want to ruin the friendship. And he misses it. And he now doesn't know if this has chucked any hope of being friends away. And he's scared.

One moment he's important, being kissed, being the one person Kit spends all his time with. Being texted all the time. Kai had mentioned in passing Kit always takes at least 5 hours to respond to messages. Sometimes even a day. But with Theo it was always 30 minutes at most. But the next minute he's background at best, and he can't say which one he prefers. What's making his head spin are the transitions. He wants one of them. Just one of them to be it and it stay like that. But it's back and forth and he's getting sick.

"Shut the fuck up, Jesus."

"Nobody heard me," Theo said, waving his arm scarcely across the classroom to show everyone had their heads down working or, were chatting with their friends much to the disapproval of Miss Harper.

Just like you haven't heard me for days, apparently.

Kit scanned around the room and then went back down to squiggling spirals on the textbook.

"Kit, you are not even doing the fucking work, so therefore I should get the book."

"Can you fuck off, please?"

"Kit I have 'fucked off' for the past 4 days, I haven't spoken to you, but the least you could do is let me see the fucking textbook."

"Mr. Sheih, watch your language." Miss Harper sighed, a large, over-worked, exasperated sigh, "Kade, I'm not going to ask you again, stop pulling Shayane's ponytail."

"Her ponytail is on my desk, whipping around it's annoying Miss, would you rather me snip it off?" Kade retorted in a playful tone, pulling a pair of scissors off his desk and being met by Shayane turning around and flipping him off. "Someone's on her perioddd."